• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf GAF Duffers (NGA CUP Weekly Tournaments)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Tournaments:
NGA Lubbock Funvitational--Saturday, March 29 1 PM EDT/5 PM GMT

RULES
1. If you are signed up, show up in the GAF Lobby (LAST FLOOR, LAST LOBBY) at 12:45 EDT (or earlier if you want to hang out with the other GAF Miis).
2. At 12:50 EDT, the Group Leaders (AstroLad, Mojovonio, thebigkahuna) will create rooms for the qualifying round. Join any room, but try to join whichever room has the least people (will give you a better chance of qualifying and also make it fairer for all involved). At 1:05 EDT, the Group Leaders wil start the matches, so get in before then.
3. After the qualifying round, Group Leaders and first-place finishers will post results, which will be added here (POST SCORES IN THE FORMAT BELOW UNDER "PREVIOUS RESULTS"--RANK, NAME, SCORE, POINTS). The top 2 from each Group are guaranteed spots in the final round. The final two spots in the Final will go to highest two remaining scorers among all groups. I will post a list of the Final Round people in this post, and then designate a new Group Leader for the Final to create a room. If you are in the Final, join that room.
4. After the Final, the Group Leader and first-place finisher will post results, which will be added to the OP, with the Top 5 having the glory of being permanently enshrined in the main post OP.
5. GROUP LEADERS: Please print out list of players and ONLY allow those people in. You will get a lot of requests from random non-gaffers that happen to be in the room.

SETTINGS
Course: Highland CC (next week will be the second course, so get to unlocking if you haven't already!).
Holes: Qualifying Rounds- 18 (Regular Tees). Final Round- 18 (Mirror--be sure you have this unlocked; it's one of the very early challenges).
Speed: Normal (watch your timer!).
Auto Handicap: Off.
Restricted Entry: Owner Permission (meaning group leader has to OK your entry into room, to keep riffraff out).
Hot Shots Rules: Novice Only (meaning you can only pick among the first row of characters).

Lubbock Funvitational Sign-Ups

1. AstroLad/AstroLad
2. I3rand0/I3rand0
3. studio810/dkeane
4. BlindMonkey/BlindMonkey
5. DenogginizerOS/Denogginizer
6. Alex Anderson/BrandonJ335
7. sportzhead/sportzhead
8. mojovonio
9. thebigkahuna
10. cjdunn/cjdunn
11. PuMa
12. el diablo/MVTee
13. therapist/JovialCharacter
14. rhfb/rhfb
15. mrbagdt/mrbagdt
16. Joe211/gengis
17. Talamius/Talamius
18. Steroyd/Steroyd
19. besada/besada
20. Spazbiohaz/Spazbiohaz
21. Beergut/SilverNGold
22. Zack-Morris/RedNumberFive
23. tyler/seveNLayers
24. superfly/superkiff

Qualifying Round Results

Bold=Qualifiers
Italic=Alternate (I will post if all qualifiers get in, if not I will ask you to join the finals!)

1. AstroLad/-16/4361
2. SilverNGold/-16/4230
3. BrandonJ335/-16/4160
4. dkeane/-15/4080
5. besada/-9/3340

6. Steroyd/-9/3275
7. I3Rand0/-7/3050
8. RedNumber5/-3/2758

1. seveNLayers -15 4050
2. rhfb -10 3340
3. mrbagdt -9 3350

4. BlindMonkey -9 3280
5. cjdunn -8 3327
6. Denogginizer -8 3293
7. MojoZomg -7 3090
8. Talamius -1 360

Final Results

1. BrandonJ335 -16/4365
2. seveNLayers -13/3860
3. SilverNGold -12/3721
4. AstroLad -11/3765
5. rhfb -9/3380
6. dkeane -9/3230
7. Steroyd -5/2927
8. besada -5/2721

Previous Results
HSG5 Early Bird Open Top 5
1. BrandonJ335/-16/4327
2. JovialCharacter/-16/4226
3. AstroLad/-15/4029
4. Thebigkahuna1/-12/3809
5. Bshock/-10/3517

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BlindMonkey said:
If us Euro's can join in, then I'll be there, 5pm GMT.

PSN - BlindMonkey

I have a feeling they will be but we'll know for sure before the tourney so perfect!

Also, just post your name [GAF]/[PSN]. Thanks!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I'm in.

DenogginizerOS/ Denogginizer

I will be playing tonight and would be interested in playing some during the week.

Sign me up, plz. I would participate in nighttime tourneys if you run those as well. Not specifically requesting it, but I'd play!

Alex Anderson/BrandonJ335

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alex Anderson said:
Sign me up, plz. I would participate in nighttime tourneys if you run those as well. Not specifically requesting it, but I'd play!

Alex Anderson/BrandonJ335

ERROR SKILL LIMIT EXCEEDED

Shit, Brandon's playing? I need to play in the GAF duffer open then. :lol
I'm not sure about Saturday yet but I know I can play Wednesday night if we have a tourney.

cjdunn

I'm in, but I second a 'Tard Tourney or something. :D I'm struggling when the with wind is > 2m/hour.

I timed out last night and am banned for another 11 hours or so. >_<

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
cjdunn said:
I'm in, but I second a 'Tard Tourney or something. :D I'm struggling when the with wind is > 2m/hour.

I timed out last night and am banned for another 11 hours or so. >_<

Might try two 18-hole tourneys this time where people can segregate based on skill level, just depends on who signs up. Don't worry about it though--I know last time was several peoples' first experiences with the series or they weren't "hardcore" into it previously but everyone did great imo.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PuMa said:
Room for one more this weekend?

PSN - PuMa

Always room for more.

I think after what happened last weekend (EVERYONE in group 1 showed up, and half the people in the other groups showed up) I'm going to just assign two or three Group Leaders (probably the same as last time--nog and kahuna as long as they're around) and ask people to join the rooms (roughly) evenly rather than assigning people beforehand. Group Leaders will let people in based on the list of PSN names here so we don't get non-GAF riff-raff.

knee

I'm in for Saturday. I'm also in for tonight if anyone is up for it.

GAF:knee / PSN:drawp

I'll take the reins and organize it. Is anyone up for a 6PM-7PM EST (or somewhere around there) round of golf?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can you guys post in this format [GAF Name]/[PSN Name]?

This will be useful if your PSN name is different so that the Group Leaders know to admit you. Thanks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rules Updated (slightly different from last time, so please re-read vets). Final is going to be 18H Mirror/Back Tee Highland. Sticking with Highland for one more week for the Euros.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I might be able to get home by then, but it's unlikely. You should post in the regular thread though; I'm sure you can snag a few people to play with.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jim said:
We need some midnight tourneys or something... I only play after 10pm EST usually :(

I think once we get the Euros on board there will be a lot more interest. I posted here for people to suggest interest in late-night tourneys but there wasn't much of a response. The funny thing is I am usually on late too, but my late-night schedule is a little more uncertain.

Maybe next week we can do two tourneys--one Sat. afternoon and one Sunday night or something.

dkeane

knee said:
Tonight? Anyone?
I'll add you but I'm not sure if I'll be around. It'll be closer to 7 if I can.
Hell let's just say 7? I hope you're not a pro, I'm still getting the hang after not playing a hot shots for years.

knee

OK! :D

'Go' time is 6:15 EST. So far we have:

1. Myself /drawp
2. BrandonJ335 / BrandonJ335
3. Therapist / Jovial Character
4. BobTheFork / BobTheFork
5. Studio810 / dkeane
6. rhfb / rhfb

Anyone else up for 18 holes??

We are meeting in Lobby 1 -> Floor 1 -> Room 2!

Playing on Okinawa! I'll be there in my White Tux.

knee

AstroLad said:
You playing this weekend too therapist? So confused with the dual tourneys going on. :lol

Mine isn't a tourney-- just a round of golf to warm up for the weekend.

dkeane

Hey I've got a friend non-gaffer who might want to play, is this allowed? lol

oh and I'm in the first post player list twice. Just a heads up.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
studio810 said:
Hey I've got a friend non-gaffer who might want to play, is this allowed? lol

oh and I'm in the first post player list twice. Just a heads up.

Hmm I know non-members can't check the Online Forum, so is there any way he can follow this thread (e.g., to see if he got a wild card spot)? I made one exception last time and I'm open to making another if so.

Steroyd

Yay I have the game, I'm Euro for future reference.

Steroyd/Steroyd

And 1PM EST is 5PM GMT?

Would love if the OP used EST and GMT so I don't have to go checking everytime. :|

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
5PM GMT, turns out it's EDT too, so that's fixed in OP.

If anyone else needs to figure out what time just enter 1 PM NY Time here, do Calculate fixed time, and look up your city: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html?p1=179

Steroyd- be sure to unlock the first course back tee (think you just have to beat the first set of challenges) since that's what we are using for the final round.

Unrelated to any tournamenty goodness, but...

G3 and G2 tournaments have been available for a couple of days. Place with a podium finish and you win a tournament prize (gotten a few lobby character items so far). Unfortunately, not enough people have made it to G2 yet and I can't find a G2 tourney with the minimum 10 players required for the game to be ranked (counts toward leveling up + prize rewarded).

So play in those G3s! :p

Also, people who've leveled up to G2 can't join the G3 tourneys and that seems to be what most people are playing right now >_< Should be a moot point in few days when everyone's a G2, but still a little annoying.

Steroyd

AstroLad said:
Steroyd- be sure to unlock the first course back tee (think you just have to beat the first set of challenges) since that's what we are using for the final round.

That's the 9 hole out of the first course?

Just unlocked Sophie.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Steroyd said:
That's the 9 hole out of the first course?

Just unlocked Sophie.

Think it's called "mirror" or "back tee" when you unlock it. It's pretty early, you probably already got it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Note to Group Leaders and All: Leaders: Please have a copy of the sign-up list handy so you know who you can let in (as you know you'll get requests from loitering non-gaffers). Remember also that Group Leaders & First-Place Finishers are writing down scores (name, rank, score, points) so we can use that to determine the finalists.

Mojovonio

Banned
I have to remember to post the scores.

I think I'll even take digital photos of the scoreboard after every round so you guys can see the progression and comments posted.

Count me in too! Also, count on me being hung over again! Just got a new bluetooth keyboard last night that I need to take for a test drive.

PSN: RedNumberFive

Top Bottom