• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you put on weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffles

I eat fast food like 4-5 days a week once a day and I still weigh under 100 at 5ft 5" I've stopped drinking Coke. Water all the way! :)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Drink lots of captain morgan, eat alot of fast food, and dont play basketball for a few months. Thats how I put on about 15 lbs.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Those of you that eat like sumo wrestlers at a buffet will find out as you get older your metabolism slows down and owns you. Pretty soon you'll be a fat ass.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've worked out before, it makes me need more food than I can afford.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm confused a bit. I'm trying to gain a bit of weight here myself. Fast metabolism and all that. I thought that if you ate more meals during the day, your metabolism would just speed up to compensate or something. I take it that's not true?

Neo_ZX

Probably depends on age more than anything. Almost everyone is prone to being a fatass at a later age.

Sometimes I wish mine would slow down just a tad. I'm 5'10.5" and trying to get from 175lbs to maybe 190-200lbs but it just ain't working out. I would take protein but I fear for my liver.

Desperado

ruffles said:
I eat fast food like 4-5 days a week once a day and I still weigh under 100 at 5ft 5" I've stopped drinking Coke. Water all the way! :)

what the hell? I'm 5'4" 115...you must be built like a girl I know...[SKINNY as FUCK]

Chittagong

Gold Member
Please have some of mine. I put on 20 lbs during the spring due to heavy travelling (too many complementary whiskeys and nuts in airport lounges mainly) and look to burn some 30 lbs in the coming months to return to an ideal weight.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Neo_ZX said:
I would take protein but I fear for my liver.

Your liver is fine. The only time your liver health and supplementation should REALLY be a concern is when you take prohormones/steroids/thermogenics (baring an unforeseen long-term issues with creatine) There's absolutely no reason for you to be concerned about taking protein powder unless you don't like that gassy feeling (which I never really experience myself) or have some liver problems I don't know of. Protein Powder is virtually no different than what you eat, it's just more convenient.

I've never heard of protein powder linked to liver hoaxes. The only myth I've ran across in my reading is protein powders and kidneys. And to be honest, I don't see why your liver would have a problem with protein...unless the powder contained andro or something...even then it wouldn't be a "problem" unless the use was prolonged without proper cycling.

EDIT: I dunno. Maybe I've missed some things in my research. But to my knowledge, you should be okay.

MIMIC

Banned
TheQueen'sOwn said:
I eat tons! :(

1 huge breakfast (3 bowls of cereal, bacon, toast, OJ, milk)
A relatively big lunch (Spaghetti, or Buffalo Wings, Fries, Pizza)
And a big supper (Mashed Potatoes, Corn/Carrots/Beans, Roast Beef/Chicken/Steak/Pork Chops/etc.etc., and I drink tons of Milk)
Late Bedtime Snack (Pizza/Wings/Sandwich/Cereal)
And then I have tons of snacks throughout the day which are, not the healthiest foods lol (chips, ice cream with chocolate sauce, cake, sometimes pizza for a snack.... not leftovers either...I order a whole pizza for a snack, candy, popsicles :D, cookies, etc.)

And I'm burning it all off right now sitting on my ass typing this.

My diet is similar to yours, except I hardly ever eat breakfast and I don't drink a lot of milk (unless I have some chocolate junk food or a few PB& J sandwiches in front of me).

I also eat relatively healthy; I eat a lot of fruits and salads, but I rarely, if EVER, eat vegetables (unless they come with my KFC meal. :)). They ONLY vegetable that I really like is broccoli. I only like it raw and uncensored...er, I mean 'raw.' :p

Still 5'11" at 149 lbs. I fucking HATE being this skinny. The only good part about it is my abs are clearly defined because I don't have any fat on my stomach. :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
This is what I'm trying to figure out! It seem some people here can't put on weight even after eating multiple meals a day plus junk. I'm the same way. I feel like I burn fat just relaxing. Someone once told me that the way for a person with a very fast metabolism to gain weight was to lower the ammount of meals you eat a day to like two big meals (eaten at the same time a day so your body wont get confused). He said that this will cause your metabolism to slow down to compensate for the lengthy wait between feedings. It makes sense, but I'm wondering if anyone in the know has tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom