• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much for a Prog-Scan 17" LCD TV? ($699 out of box at Wal-Mart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this early this morning while on a quick stop off at Wal-Mart. The original pricing was at $869 or something like that. At first I thought it was an LCD monitor..I'm looking to replace my current flatpanel (that is blinking like an epileptic as I type) and have been on the prowl. But the thought of getting a monitor replacement that could double as a prog-scan gaming monitor would be ace, especially if I could save $150+ on it. I'm only skeptical because there are no returns or refunds on the out of box items, and something tells me that at some point I'd be conflicted over using a high dollar TV as a monitor, and I'd end up getting a new monitor anyway.

Of course there were also some brand new off-brand $170 17" CRT's that I could have bought..but it would just be hard as hell to go back to all that bulk after years of slim and sexy.

What do I do? Blow the wad on the $700 non-returnable LCD TV? Get a regular priced LCD replacement monitor and live with the gaming TV I have (27" Panasonic Tau)?? Get a bargain basement CRT and spend the rest of the cash on blow and hookers?

signet

I would not drop $700 on anything as is. If you can't return it if it breaks don't bother.

Go with a nice $200 CTR, you will learn to love them again.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^^
I think you mean CRT...

For that much you can get a 32" progressive set w/ much better image quality. It'll just take up more real estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom