• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How reliable is a factory-reconditioned Xbox?

I NEED HALO 2, but alas, I'm short on cash. But is scraping off a few bucks on a factory-reconditioned Xbox worth the savings? Anyone here own one? Any problems?

I'm getting anxious, and my girlfriend will kill me if I spend over $200 bucks in the next week...

*Noel Coward Parody

Kai

As a former manager of EB, trust me. These are NOT RELIABLE AT ALL. I have many cases in which people would return the XboX due to it smoking, erasing data & just plane being borked. :D

As a former manager of EB, trust me. These are NOT RELIABLE AT ALL. I have many cases in which people would return the XboX due to it smoking, erasing data & just plane being borked.
That's what I was afraid of. BAH.

I should be focusing on GRE prep, refining my plays, and filling out my MFA applications anyway... ARGH BUT I WANT.

*Noel Coward Parody

My brother has a refurbed Xbox, and not one problem has come up with it.

Plus, I believe you get a standard warranty with it, so if there's gonna be a problem, it should show up within the warranty time.

Grimlock

I got a refurbed box back in May. No probs so far-it even had the Samsung drive and the Segate HD, and (even though the Samsung is not supposed to be able to play them) it plays movies burned onto DVD+RW's.

Top Bottom