• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't record Until Dawn videos on ps5 with resolution higher than 720p ???

luca_29_bg

Why ??? I have set my recording quality to 1080p 60 fps but in this game i can record videos only at 1280x720 O_O ? Someone else who has the game can try, please ?
6pyFg6a.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Base PS4 only recorded in 720p IIRC. If I had to guess, PS5 is just running PS4 versions "boosted" rather than actually running the PS4 Pro version which could record at 1080p?

I'm just throwing out guesses.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Base PS4 only recorded in 720p IIRC. If I had to guess, PS5 is just running PS4 versions "boosted" rather than actually running the PS4 Pro version which could record at 1080p?

This.

Allandor

Well, I guess it is a BC thing, than.
Another guess would be checking where you are recording to. Check the available memory and e.g. speed of the USB stick (or whereever your are recording it). But if it is a BC issue, you can't fix it.

luca_29_bg

Well, I guess it is a BC thing, than.
Another guess would be checking where you are recording to. Check the available memory and e.g. speed of the USB stick (or whereever your are recording it). But if it is a BC issue, you can't fix it.

Internal ssd ps5, i have over 108 gb of free space and i just tried to record God of War and the video it's in full hd! Very weird thing! O_O

luca_29_bg

Until Dawn doesn't have a pro version, but i don't understand why the resolution of the capture software is limited to ps4 specs O_O

Md Ray

Until Dawn doesn't have a pro version, but i don't understand why the resolution of the capture software is limited to ps4 specs O_O
Makes sense why it's recording at 720p. Didn't receive a Pro patch hence running in PS4 BC mode on PS5. Basically emulating how the PS4 would run to the point that even the capture software is emulating how PS4 would record vids.

A simple way to confirm this is to run other games that haven't received a Pro patch... Like The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Driveclub...

Or try to capture a native PS5 game and see if it's still 720p.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

Yes... but you asked recording not the game resolution.

PS4 games have recording limited to 720p.

You are definitively playing a PS4 game... it should record in 1080p if it had a Pro patch or up to 4k if it was a PS5 native game.

Yes it makes sense now, even if i thought for the software capture to be able to record ps4 games in 1080p at least! :(

luca_29_bg

Makes sense why it's recording at 720p. Didn't receive a Pro patch hence running in PS4 BC mode on PS5. Basically emulating how the PS4 would run to the point that even the capture software is emulating how PS4 would record vids.

A simple way to confirm this is to run other games that haven't received a Pro patch... Like The Order 1886, Bloodborne, Driveclub...

Or try to capture a native PS5 game and see if it's still 720p.

Yes spiderman Mile's Morales capture in 1080p, it make sense what you wrote, but i hope that for the software capture to be possible to capture ps4 games in full hd! :(

ZoukGalaxy

If the game is rendered at 720p, what's the point ?
It's always better to record in native resolution then use a post production software to work on it.

Ge Os

Bloodborne never got a PS4 PRO patch and yet the PS5 can capture gameplay of it in 1080p.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 also lets you capture video in 1080p, but at 30fps (so far, this is the only PS4 game running at 60fps that I've seen doing this).

This Until Dawn issue is just weird.

Top Bottom