• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate the feeling you get when you turn on the radio…

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

…and expect to hear your favorite songs from Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, STP, Metallica, but instead get songs from Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, and KC & the Sunshine. Not exactly the way I want to start out the morning. And to make things worse, this is the second radio station to change in the past month. :( Damn you, ClearChannel!

Outlaw

Banned
pointing%5B1%5D.gif

You still listen to the radio?!

AirBrian

:(

Yes I still listen to the radio, but mainly in the car to and from work.

And yes, I have a CD player. But sometimes it's just a nice change to listen to the radio. Damn you pirates!

Triumph

Banned
Wait... there are still radio stations? I'm confused. Doesn't everyone have a cd player in their car by now? I mean, Jesus.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Screw regular CD players, tossing an MP3 player in there is a far superior alternative. You can make one disc on Monday and not even reach the end by Friday. :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
dark10x said:
Screw regular CD players, tossing an MP3 player in there is a far superior alternative. You can make one disc on Monday and not even reach the end by Friday. :p

Word, but sometimes I will listen to the radio to see what is new in the radio world. But usually they are playing a 5 year old song.

If i am listening to the radio, I am listening to sports talk. Listening to people complain and whine about the Astros.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I'm actually looking for the cheapest car mp3/cd player I can find (lack of funds but a dislike of cassettes). Any suggestions?

AirBrian

dskillzhtown said:
If i am listening to the radio, I am listening to sports talk. Listening to people complain and whine about the Astros.
Speaking of which, what's the word down there -- are they going to keep Beltran?

For the most part, I haven't listened to modern radio for quite some time. In my area, there are a couple of good stations though. A good classic rock station in my small town that usually has some good music playing, and CBC radio, which has classical music during the day, and awesome swing, jazz, and Canadian indie at night.

To be fair to Clear Channel, radio stations changed formats before they became the 500 pound gorilla.

But yeah, I do hate that feeling when a station you enjoy changes formats. But that's why I like CDs (and AM radio).

Matlock

Banned
AirBrian said:
…and expect to hear your favorite songs from Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, STP, Metallica, but instead get songs from Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, and KC & the Sunshine. Not exactly the way I want to start out the morning. And to make things worse, this is the second radio station to change in the past month. :( Damn you, ClearChannel!

You know, there is such a thing as turning the dial on the radio to get to another station. I hear all those bands (other than SP) regularly around here. :p

aoi tsuki

When i turn on the radio, it's NPR. Very occasionially i'll listen to some oldies or classic soul or something because it's easy to find good driving/listening music. But other than that, it's all about portable music. i laugh when people call into stations saying that station always play the best music, like no one has MP3/MD/CD/cassette players in their car? Even when i was in an area that had a decent selection of music, i listen to tapes and CDs of music that i made.

AirBrian

Matlock said:
You know, there is such a thing as turning the dial on the radio to get to another station. I hear all those bands (other than SP) regularly around here. :p
Not in Dallas. Every other station is either country or light rock. Now there is only one station playing alternative rock instead of 3 and not a single hard rock station. There are 2 classic rock stations, but they get old after awhile (ha, no pun intended). Time to buy more blank CDs.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
RedDwarf said:
I'm actually looking for the cheapest car mp3/cd player I can find (lack of funds but a dislike of cassettes). Any suggestions?
By a portable mp3 player or CD-mp3 player and buy a car adapter.
EDIT: Some car adapters are cassettes.
There are newer ones which can be used with mp3 players that put out their own radio signal which can be picked up by your car.

We have great radio stations here in Ottawa.

I only listen to cds these days, the constant inane shit in the radio commercials was driving me nuts during my 60-70 miles of driving a day. CDS ALLOW QUALITY CONTROL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom