• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just entered the world of 419 baiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo_ZX said:
Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain how this scam works? I've heard about the princess thing but only know the general jist of it.

Dear MR Neo_ZX,

my name is Felidae Juconja Swathington, and I am ecstatic to inform you about this fantastic opportunity that is about to befall you. Bishoptl, a well known government official in my country of New Gaffy, has suffered a fatal accident and has left behind a savings account worth over $30 bajillion dollars.

These funds have been sitting in an account untouched for the last 3 months, but there is no family or close friends to collect this fortune. This is where you come in. We need someone from outside of this country to obtain this large amount of cash, someone to pose as his distant relative.

Making you look like his relative is simple, we just need all your bank account information or credit cards so we can process all the paperwork involved to get you YOUR share of this fortune. So, get on a plane and come to our town with as much money as you can carry and we promise not to rob and murder you.

I await your immediate response.

Yours shiftily,

Felidae Juconja Swathington.

P.S - There has been a shortage of signs, so please don't ask me to write anything down or wear fish on my head. kthx.

kothapalli_rao3.jpg

WINNAH!

Neo_ZX

Dear Felidae Juconja Swathington,

Where do I sign up?!?! I am very interested in your offer of $30 bajillion dollars!!! OMG SOLD!!!

Call me.

This scam seems really well planned with crazy legal words and stuff too. Don't give up on the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom