• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need ideas .. poor birthday thread

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So... I'm turning a half century old in a couple weeks... I'm in a bad situation financially speaking so I can't have a big bash like I wanted... But I still want to celebrate my birthday...

What could I do with a shoestring budget?

I've thought about a pub crawl ... But ... I don't know how to do that.

What's some ideas, you lot?

Pejo

Gold Member
Gonna depend a lot on where you live, your (and I guess their) interests, and how many people you have in mind, etc. Some of the most fun I had was renting a lakefront campsite in a national park and just having a fire, playing some games, drinking some beer.

Happy birthday by the way!

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Happy pre-birthday DeafTourette DeafTourette !

Not sure if you guys have an equivalent in the states but here in Australia, we have something called barefoot lawn bowls, and my last birthday was just visiting the greens and having some games with all my friends and then having a cheapo meal at the lawn bowls club afterwards.

It was affordable, didn't require too much effort, and it was really fun.

Otherwise, maybe what D Days like these... said above, but just get everyone to bring a dish (potluck)?

Or a pizza party. You supply the dough and ingredients, and folks build their own pizzas!

Look for group booking deals where the organiser gets the event for free. For example I organise Paintball for our annual event and get the day for free. Just tell your guests no presents and they pay their way for the day. Boom.

Also happy bday you ol' dog.

Mistake

Gold Member
If you have a hot plate and a big enough pot, it's actually super easy to do your own hot pot. Just need more water to add as it boils off. Most ingredients are cheap, and it keeps people busy putting things in and taking them out. Healthy too.
I don't know anything about pickleball, but I've been seeing it referenced everywhere recently. Maybe that? Corn hole or horseshoes is easy. You can make a list of punishments for whatever games you play if people need a laugh. All I got right now

Top Bottom