• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need to hotwire a washing machine, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay. I live in an apartment with our own washing machine / dryer. But our cheap ass landlord put a coin operating thing on it. Fuck paying a buck each for of them. I heard if you can access the wires in the back, there's a real easy way to over ride the coin operating system and get free washes. Help me fight the man! any clues?

rumor has it, take nylon sock thingy that girls wear. put your quarters in that, put them in the machine then pull them back out. im gonna guess that would jam the machine though

i pay for all the fucking utilities. water included. its just robbery, thats all. that and i always seem to have a lot of laundry

edit: its in MY apartment. not a community one. this is pittsburgh pa, more specifically south oakland baby!

nah, a lot of landlords around here do that actually. so i am thinking they know what they can get away with and how to screw over the students. but couldnt hurt to look into it. they claim its to prevent say, myself, from letting all my friends do laundry at my place. doesnt make sense.

fart

Savant
you're fucking kidding me! what an asshole. "hotwiring" is kind of out of the question depending on what you have in mind. you can't just throw some power at the motor and expect to get your clothes washed. you have to either fool the coin op mechanism or hope the interface between the coin op circuit and the washer control is really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom