• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'd kill for a home version of Xexex and Axeley II...come on Konami

doncale

Banned
give those to us on PSP or current consoles. I just bought Gradius V so come on, you owe it to me Konami :D

who wouldn't kill for Xexex and Axeley II?

I'm tired of playing SNES Axeley and SNES mini-Xexex in Ganbare Goemon 2!

doncale

Banned
nope theres no Axeley II ...I just long for it :(

I will give Xexex in MAME a try!!!! i didn't know it was emulated in playable form :D thx man

I played Xexex in Mame some time ago. It looked different, but all I could say is "meh."
It's like a shooter crossed with tentacle hentai.

DaCocoBrova said:
Axelay isn't even all that.
I'm not hearing you....(plugs ears, "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala")

Anyways, I played the hell out of that game back in the SNES days and upon finishing the game on hard (or was it normal?), you received a nice screen after the credits scroll with an "Axelay II coming soon" message (or something like that). I've been waiting ever since :(

It was one of my favorite shooters on the SNES!

BTW, wasn't this one of the last games made by the ex-Konami team that formed Treasure?

Mr_Furious: Buy Gradius V. There's a few references to Axelay in it, and the music is quite similar. It's even made by Treasure, who worked on Axelay. You're also getting a vastly better game than Axelay, which was a pretty game but so very, very braindead.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
people who don't like rap love a tribe called quest. people who don't like action games love viewtiful joe. people who don't like shooters love axelay. or einhander.

and although it'll never stick: there is no individual konami game that had more than one or two future treasure members on staff. in axelay's case, i think it's exactly one: programmer "könig" ishida.

Mr_Furious said:
IBTW, wasn't this one of the last games made by the ex-Konami team that formed Treasure?
One guy who later went to Treasure worked as a support programmer on Axelay. That's the only connection. But I second the Gradius V recommendation anyway. :)

Drinky Crow said:
Mr_Furious: Buy Gradius V. There's a few references to Axelay in it, and the music is quite similar. It's even made by Treasure, who worked on Axelay. You're also getting a vastly better game than Axelay, which was a pretty game but so very, very braindead.

Already did :)

drohne said:
people who don't like shooters love axelay. or einhander.

I love shooters and still love Axelay (and Einhander as well). Go figure :-\

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, i like einhander and axelay too. and joe and tribe for that matter. it's just a phenomenon i've observed.

Top Bottom