• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL | OT | It's a M@STERPIECE

Rhapsody

Banned
Tonari Ni... was an interesting one. The rearrange doesn't really come off as a sad song (which it is supposed to be), but the original is IMO a cheap tearjerker (I guess you could say it fits the character :p) and in the end I prefer the Jazz version.
Yeah, I felt the same way for Tonari Ni. Out of the Perfect Idol songs, that was one of the first to come to mind for me too.
Definitely try all of the Master Special and Master Artist albums, there are some absolute gems in there for each idol which are considered their image songs but have never been in any Idolmaster game. My personal favourites are Ritsuko's livE, Azusa's Mythmaker and Iori's DIAMOND. There are some absolutely amazing covers on there too like Ritsuko's version of Best Friend.
Diamond was one I really like too. I'm looking forward to whenever they do a Master Artist for whenever 3rd Vision comes out.

StayDead

Still waiting on OFA so still going through Imas 2. Funnily enough for only the first time.

The rock paper scissors stuff is so annoying, is there any way of telling what they're going to do? I keep winning ;;

m0t0k1

OMG they spotted a 3d Kotori model in the game!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOGPzZod1k
Hope they can at least have some dlc for her. Would love to hear her sing again she has been neglated since im@s1.

edit: sales are also better then 2 according to media create

03./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster 2 # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.27} (¥7.980) - 65.512 / NEW <89,46%>

01./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: One for All # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.05.15} (¥8.208) - 83.395 / NEW

StayDead

Glad to see it sold better first week, then again many people had it on 360 by that point.

I've come to the harsh realisation that this is my reaction every time I check my shipping tracking and it hasn't changed.

YZRfQaz.jpg

Varion

I've come to the harsh realisation that this is my reaction every time I check my shipping tracking and it hasn't changed.

Tracking pages are a health hazard.

Busy as hell at the moment so only been able to fit in a couple of hours a day for this, but really enjoying it so far. Got crushed against
Hidaka Ai
trying to rank up to D3 last night (3000 or so score difference, ouch,) got another level and now I'm trying to get all the lesson boosts on, then I'll try and give it another go tonight. Don't want to be stuck in E rank forever, especially as I've managed to do a few D3 auditions just fine. Unit's Miki/Iori/Mami just because favourites.

m0t0k1

Glad to see it sold better first week, then again many people had it on 360 by that point.

Nah Japanese and xbox don't mix together that is why after the exlusive deal with ms they moved to PS

360 games
05./00. [360] The Idolm@ster: Live for You! (Bandai-Namco) - 43,697 / NEW
10. / 00. [360] The Idolmaster 2 (Bandai Namco) {2011.02.24} - 34.621 / NEW

psp games
03. [PSP] Idolmaster SP: Perfect Sun (Namco Bandai) 46,000 / NEW
04. [PSP] Idolmaster SP: Missing Moon (Namco Bandai) 39,000 / NEW
05. [PSP] Idolmaster SP: Wandering Star (Namco Bandai) 35,000 / NEW

shiny festa games

02. (__) [PSP] The Idolmaster Shiny Festa: Groovy Tune (Bandai Namco) - 42,375 / 42,375
05. (__) [PSP] The Idolmaster Shiny Festa: Honey Sound (Bandai Namco) - 34,400 / 34,400
06. (__) [PSP] The Idolmaster Shiny Festa: Funky Note (Bandai Namco) - 34,382 / 34,382

Gravure games:
14./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: Gravure For You! Vol. 3 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.29} (¥9.980) - 18.992 / NEW
08./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: Gravure For You! Vol. 4 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.26} (¥9.980) - 18.179 / NEW
10./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: Gravure For You! Vol.5 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.02.23} (¥9.980) - 17.038 / NEW
10./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: Gravure For You! Vol.6 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.03.29} (¥9.980) - 17.759 / NEW
07./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster: Gravure For You! Vol.7 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.04.26} (¥9.980) - 17.314 / NEW
Also hope your shipment arrives soon.

So these all sell inline. PSP games where the best at arround 100k. And xbox worst.

IM@S is the kind of thing that Aksys or XSEED would like to bring over but there's no way in hell that Bamco would let them license it. So I guess we're stuck.

OMG they spotted a 3d Kotori model in the game!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPOGPzZod1k
Hope they can at least have some dlc for her. Would love to hear her sing again she has been neglated since im@s1.
She also has a loading screen animation too, seems to be super rare though because I've only seen it once in like 30-40 hours.

Edit: Managed to find it in my archive, it was the short loading screen though so I couldn't see what her full animation was:
4Y634oW.png

Stuart444

IM@S is the kind of thing that Aksys or XSEED would like to bring over but there's no way in hell that Bamco would let them license it. So I guess we're stuck.

Maybe. XSEED might at least but then again they might do anything based on doing stuff like Akiba's Trip (which I didn't think would come over) and Trails FC/SC (games no other localization company would touch haha).

also yeah, I was really surprised when we saw Kotori's model. No speaking lines with the model in view though but maybe in PS4 IM@S?

Gbraga

Could a petition for this game to be localized make any difference? IIRC it was a petition that made Namco interested in porting Dark Souls to the PC, and, though that may not be as expensive as a full translation, it probably wasn't that cheap either.

Stuart444

Could a petition for this game to be localized make any difference? IIRC it was a petition that made Namco interested in porting Dark Souls to the PC, and, though that may not be as expensive as a full translation, it probably wasn't that cheap either.

If it reached 50 - 60+k signatures then I'm sure they would consider it but a petition for this game would struggle to meet 20k I'm sure.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is why Haruka needs to be Namco's rep in Smash. A perfect way to introduce the series to the West.

m0t0k1

This is why Haruka needs to be Namco's rep in Smash. A perfect way to introduce the series to the West.

I have been botering the miiverse with idolmaster requests. But scrap that i got a better idea. Why not go all the way and make the Producer something like the new Pokemon trainer. down b switches between 13 idols :D

Also hope for a localisation but the intrest in dark souls was way bigger. Don't think we can create that kind of massive wave as imas fans.

Stuart444

Are the Hatsune Miku games selling well in the west?

Yes and no, you can't compare it to the IM@S games. (the main ones aka the management sim games like this one and IM@S 2).

Also Miku is somewhat popular even in the west which helps sales.

Varion

Another one of the songs I wished was in this game. But you can't even 'produce' DLC songs (though you can select them during bits like the All Star Lives/Rank up Festivals) so even if they had them as DLC, it would only work at a few events in the game.

Oh well.
What can't you use DLC songs in? I bought Dream earlier and it works just like any other song, used it fine in regular festivals and fine in auditions too.

StayDead

mSMuFwi.png

Still no update. I feel it's going to turn all shining soon.

All work and no iDOLM@STER makes StayDead a dull boy.

etc.etc.

Glad to see everyone finally getting hold of their copies, remember to download your free movie outfit from PSN (and the LE costume if you have that version) since it'll be quite helpful at the start of the game.

Sakura

Hmm so far I'm enjoying this a lot less than Idolmaster 2.
Hopefully they don't go down this route with Idolmaster 3.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hmm so far I'm enjoying this a lot less than Idolmaster 2.
Hopefully they don't go down this route with Idolmaster 3.

I'm hoping some of these changes are just because it's a type of spinoff.

There are some things that I liked. The 3 sets of idols, stats/skills, and being able to know when your song is about to finish. The lessons are a lot more fun (and they finally end early when you max the bar), but I don't know how to feel about them being temporary boosts to stats. I would've liked more story in OFA, and I wish the communications didn't cycle between 3 or 4 same convos and instead replace it with story.

Josephl64

There are some things that I liked. The 3 sets of idols, stats/skills, and being able to know when your song is about to finish. The lessons are a lot more fun (and they finally end early when you max the bar), but I don't know how to feel about them being temporary boosts to stats. I would've liked more story in OFA, and I wish the communications didn't cycle between 3 or 4 same convos and instead replace it with story.

yeah it's hit-and-miss with me, some aspects I believe changed for the better and others not so much

Likewise. I'm really enjoying OFA, but there is essentially no strategy element with the removal of timeslots, lack of storyline and neutering promotions. I don't doubt for a second though that the heavy focus on stage events is because OFA is a spin-off and probably a test bed for Imas 3 - and I'm very happy with all the changes made to stage events, stats and skills. Throw those in with Imas 2's structure and it'll be perfect.

StayDead

It's finally here and I didn't get a customs charge!

Only problem is now I've got to do revision for a good 3-4 hours and all I can think about is playing im@s or Mario Kart ;;

m0t0k1

It's finally here and I didn't get a customs charge!

Only problem is now I've got to do revision for a good 3-4 hours and all I can think about is playing im@s or Mario Kart ;;

Lol i know that feel. So happy uou got your game finally where did you order? What is your team going to be i think you gonna use makoto as main :D. Did you already got mario kart i am going to check out the stores today to see if they have any in stock. Also just switch it up an hour of imas and then a hour of mario kart if you cant decide what to play.

StayDead

Some unboxing photos from the other day, I went overboard >_>

Haven't had much time to play but got my initial trio set up of Makoto -> Chihaya -> Yukiho. Hopefully when my exams done with I can get to work with it some more <3

Some unboxing photos from the other day, I went overboard >_>

Haven't had much time to play but got my initial trio set up of Makoto -> Chihaya -> Yukiho. Hopefully when my exams done with I can get to work with it some more <3

Your tastes are that of a superior nature with all three best girls. In the meantime since I can't play/get the game... looking up M@STERPIECE

StayDead

Played up to and finished my first all star and rank up fes. I never really got chance to put too much time into iM@S2 but I'm really enjoying this so far. Not having to go through jyanken every single day is kind of a bonus and especially the vocal lessons seem a lot more enjoyable this time.

So far I can't really pick anything that I've severely disliked other than the fact the initial introduction stage of things seemed to take a rather lot longer than it did in iM@S2, although it was made fine by Kotori <3

Heh, beat me by a few seconds. I'm very hyped for Catalog 2, although my wallet isn't.

Quick breakdown of what is in Catalog 2:

Serika S4U & rival
Kimi Channel (new song)
Overmaster (returning song)
Megare (returning song)
Tea Time Happiness extend outfit
Beyond The Stars extend outfit (Project Fairy's outfit)
Summer Breeze Colours extend outfit
2 luxury outfits (Noble Chic Rhombus and Corduroy Country)
3 starry outfits (Ion Tail Image, Violet Lightning and Puzzle del Sol)
Sweets themed accessory pack
3 song + outfit bundles (Serika + Violet Lightning, Megare + Puzzle del Sol and Overmaster + Beyond The Stars)

I'll be buying Kimi Channel, Overmaster, Megare, Tea Time Happiness, Beyond The Stars and Noble Chic Rhombus.

StayDead

Heh, beat me by a few seconds. I'm very hyped for Catalog 2, although my wallet isn't.

Quick breakdown of what is in Catalog 2:

Serika S4U & rival
Kimi Channel (new song)
Overmaster (returning song)
Megare (returning song)
Tea Time Happiness extend outfit
Beyond The Stars extend outfit (Project Fairy's outfit)
Summer Breeze Colours extend outfit
2 luxury outfits (Noble Chic Rhombus and Corduroy Country)
3 starry outfits (Ion Tail Image, Violet Lightning and Puzzle del Sol)
Sweets themed accessory pack
3 song + outfit bundles (Serika + Violet Lightning, Megare + Puzzle del Sol and Overmaster + Beyond The Stars)

I'll be buying Kimi Channel, Overmaster, Megare, Tea Time Happiness, Beyond The Stars and Noble Chic Rhombus.

I think if I'm getting anything it'll be the bundle. I love Megare and Overmaster and Serika's song looks really cool.

Sadly I've gotta wait until I get some mooney also still need to get Ranko >_<

DiGiKerot

This thread isn't really as active as I was hoping it'd be, but you win some you lose some :p

There's kinda not quite as much to decompress about the game as there was in iM@S2, and whilst I don't necessarily think that trimming out some of the really arbitrary seeming stuff like the geography tests was a bad thing, it does rather result in there being less to talk about. I will say that I don't really think the performance mechanic holds up to there being quite this much emphasis being pushed onto it! particularly for those of us who played through iM@S2 a ton - hopefully they'll have a major rethink of that in time for the PS4 game.

Also, I was kind of away at anime cons the two weekends following release, and I've been super-busy since - I've only really been finding the time to play on a Sunday, and as such, I'm barely 14hours in, having unlocked about half the idols (tip - if you don't have major character preferences, I'd consider unlocking the lower level idols last - rank-upping Mami is pretty rough without having high-level assist characters. The likes of Ritsuko or Iori or Takane, rather less tricky!).

On a vaguely related note the several topics above, I notice Otakon annouced Hayami Saori as a guest yesterday - whilst this potentially suggests something as scary as a Mahouka-heavy convention, she is the voice of Kaede from Cinderella Girls.

Also, I'll probably grab the bundle and the new song from the next catalogue release, though I think my JP PSN account is tapped out of funds right now. It's probably a more productive waste of money than splurging on more SIF Loveca, though!

(Also also, Machiuke Prince, the new song from Shiny TV, was actually released on CD finally yesterday! Let's go dance-dance-dance-dance-dance-CHU!)

Top Bottom