• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iDOLM@STER ONE FOR ALL | OT | It's a M@STERPIECE

OceanBlue

In One for All, it's the first option in オプション (options) (the only one that doesn't say しない)

Unless I missed something, there is no option like that in IM@S2 (just turned it on to check)

turning it off means the text won't auto go to the next person to speak after they are done talking I'd assume. I haven't played it since I turned the option off though.

Dammit, it's not in IM@S 2 then. I was planning on kanji dictionary-ing my way through that game, but the text auto-progressed so I couldn't. :(

Rhapsody

Banned
Knew he'd be streaming it lol.

Anyway, downloaded it yesterday from the PSN store, went for the stand alone rather than IM|@S channel one for the sole fact that I'd rather not have to go into the channel each time to launch it.

I was in such a rush to start it, I forgot to go into the options and auto-skip text was on. :( so after it saved at one point, I went to the options to change that. Also you can no longer pause the game so it freezes during the QTE questions which sucks for me :/

Another small issue is that in S4U, the controls are reserved (like circle is X and vice versa) but outside of S4U, the controls are normal with Circle being confirm and stuff. Really odd

Those complaints aside, I like that as soon as we start produce mode, we get to see the inside of the offices, don't think we got to see them like that in IM@S2.

I chose Haruka to start off like I usually do :D.

I'm also a little sad that "Little Match Girl" isn't in the game anymore. :(
The no pausing on the QTE kind of sucks, but oh well.

And for the controls, that's too bad. As long as it's not like G4U where X became Confirm and Cancel, I'll be fine with it.

The no pausing on the QTE kind of sucks, but oh well.

Luckily communication stuff has virtually no importance any more, idols don't have a mood or anything where they'll skip work or fight if their mood is bad. It sucks that communication events now are borderline impossible to do if you don't read Japanese, but at least there is basically no penalty for failing them.

rpmurphy

Yay, thanks Fedex.

Cpsl7YPl.jpg

hDedDisl.jpg

My weekend is finished.

m0t0k1

Man i want to buy that limited edition box together with that miki statue :( but it is to darn expensive. Also heard that people found out about a new Haruka song hidden in the data files of OFA!!

Gbraga

Luckily communication stuff has virtually no importance any more, idols don't have a mood or anything where they'll skip work or fight if their mood is bad. It sucks that communication events now are borderline impossible to do if you don't read Japanese, but at least there is basically no penalty for failing them.
Ehh, that sounds fun. Why would they remove it? :/

Just roleplay as a producer from overseas who doesn't understand Japanese.

I'm honestly cosidering this. Should be interesting.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I must stay strong and not split my monthly order up. Also, I would love any unused Million Live codes :p

fek

I think I'll miss the codes, my copy hasn't shipped yet, if it sold out and play-asia is waiting for restock I'm guessing it won't have the cards codes. Sad, but I should have preordered earlier.

Man i want to buy that limited edition box together with that miki statue :( but it is to darn expensive. Also heard that people found out about a new Haruka song hidden in the data files of OFA!!

Where did you hear about this? There is a song listed in the credits not found anywhere yet (Destiny) but nothing else so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is what 4chan says:
An apparently new Haruka-exclusive song has been found inside OFA's data files: http://mfi.re/listen/xxxxxxxxx

So today I gave the video files a look and guess what, there's an all-star version of the song as well.

Uncompressed video file in 720p@60fps goodness: https://mega.co.nz/xxxxxxxxx

And the audio only: http://www.mediafire.com/xxxxxxxxx

For the sakes on my account I'm censoring the links, but look on /a/ for the iM@S thread to see for yourself.

m0t0k1

This is what 4chan says:

For the sakes on my account I'm censoring the links, but look on /a/ for the iM@S thread to see for yourself.

Yeah also just found it :) So anybody interested is free to check it out. Imas in 60fps looks always better then you get at twitch or youtube.

This is what 4chan says:

Just watched the video, going by the filename it seems that must be the song Destiny which was listed in the credits and the ranking leaderboard. We still haven't found how to unlock The Idolm@ster in the game or Jupiter/876 idols in S4U so it wouldn't surprise me if Destiny is still in there waiting to be unlocked.

Stuart444

I am so out of practice with IM@S, did pretty bad on the audition/live events and it took me 5 tries to beat the first rival fight. (speaking of which, I wish we would hit pause and restart, having to finish the song and see the "LOSER" just adds insult to injury)

Also the dance lesson is different and tougher. I don't even know how to get that right yet... all I know is, you have to push the buttons very quick but not too quick. Or something like that.

edit: whoever was in charge of making the select highlighter fucked up:

You will see here (and for any option like this, such as pressing pause to return to title screen/quit game) that the highlighter is very VERY subtle. On my TV, it is impossible to see making it hard to know what I'm selecting. :/

pariah164

I can't play this game since I am broke (and do not understand Japanese anyway), but I will lurk this thread since I love the music, enjoyed the anime, and believe I have a copy of Idolm@ster SP around here somewhere.

Hibiki is best girl.

Also the dance lesson is different and tougher. I don't even know how to get that right yet... all I know is, you have to push the buttons very quick but not too quick. Or something like that.

For dance lessons you take note of the 4 arrows that come onto the screen including the rhythm for them, then copy that precisely (basically like Space Channel 5). The timing starts off very slow and then gets gradually faster the more sets you clear. If you are struggling it may help to tap your fingers on something in time with the arrows when they first come up so you get an idea of the rhythm needed when you have to repeat it.

Stuart444

For dance lessons you take note of the 4 arrows that come onto the screen including the rhythm for them, then copy that precisely (basically like Space Channel 5). The timing starts off very slow and then gets gradually faster the more sets you clear. If you are struggling it may help to tap your fingers on something in time with the arrows when they first come up so you get an idea of the rhythm needed when you have to repeat it.

Heh, I gathered that part, it's just it seems like if you're a second too slow or too fast, you get it wrong. I'll get used to it though but it's more unforgiving than the IM@S2 dance lessons.

Also the DLC song Dream is catchy. Love it.

Also very happy that the game at least includes Ready, Change, Go My Way (which I am currently producing) and The World is All One.

Still sad about no Relations or Little Match Girl though but oh well.

Anime avatars: the thread.

I literally just put this anime on my to-watch list yesterday off of a friend's recommendation and now I come across this game that apparently exists. What to indulge in first?

Agreed, watch the anime first. It was a fantastic adaptation and you'll get to know a fair amount about all the girls before you dive in and play the game.

Rhapsody

Banned

That's good to hear. I do know enough Japanese to get by, but the communication events gave me issues too.
The geography quiz would pretty much be impossible for me.

Also it seems like my game's been in customs since last night. I don't think I'll be able to get it today. :/

That's good to hear. I do know enough Japanese to get by, but the communication events gave me issues too.
The geography quiz would pretty much be impossible for me.

Thankfully the old Map of Japan (aka. spawn of evil) has been removed. Unfortunately it is now matched in terms of evilness by the vending machine which is back with a vengeance. Randomly before or after pretty much any event now you have a chance to see a vending machine event where you need to guess the correct drink for the idol mentioned in the text box, there are 6 choices and only 1 is right. It does seem to always be the same drink every time so I'm working on compiling a list, but without knowing what it is in advance you'll be seeing a LOT of bad communications.

Oh, and in case anyone hasn't seen it yet the full version of Leon's Acceleration is on Youtube already. The song and her voice is sooooo damn good, everyone seems to love it so far so I really hope she becomes part of 765 for Imas 3, ala. Project Fairy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOBp755i2Rw

Josephl64

I need to learn more kanji...or well learn more JP in general, I know it doesn't hurt you, but I still want to pass them :/

pariah164

Oh, and in case anyone hasn't seen it yet the full version of Leon's Acceleration is on Youtube already. The song and her voice is sooooo damn good, everyone seems to love it so far so I really hope she becomes part of 765 for Imas 3, ala. Project Fairy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOBp755i2Rw
I have been listening to this song on repeat for the past couple of hours now. Soooogood. I hope we get more songs by her, maybe in a mini album, like Jupiter.

Dat heterochromia doe.

m0t0k1

I think there are enoug idols in 765 as it is. But i like her as much as jupiter so she can join that agency and remove the butterfly on her chest.. Maybe they should do a choose your agency kind of thing in imas 3 so you can have a kind of choose kiroi or 765 side and become top idol.

Josephl64

I have been listening to this song on repeat for the past couple of hours now. Soooogood. I hope we get more songs by her, maybe in a mini album, like Jupiter.

Dat heterochromia doe.

dang now it's painful knowing it hasn't gotten shipped yet, this sounds so good~

also dat heterochromia~

Thankfully the old Map of Japan (aka. spawn of evil) has been removed. Unfortunately it is now matched in terms of evilness by the vending machine which is back with a vengeance. Randomly before or after pretty much any event now you have a chance to see a vending machine event where you need to guess the correct drink for the idol mentioned in the text box, there are 6 choices and only 1 is right. It does seem to always be the same drink every time so I'm working on compiling a list, but without knowing what it is in advance you'll be seeing a LOT of bad communications.

THis quite good.

Destiny has been found, it is unlocked for clearing the final All-star live festival and it is also the song that plays over the credits. Hopefully someone gets a video of it up on Youtube soon since it is pretty good.

Ultimadrago

Song's gangsta. I'm less hot on Reon's voice. It's certainly not bad and seems to work well for her Image Song (as it should), but I'll have to hear more from her to know for sure overall.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Just for shits and giggles, the really should have a DLC pack where they just replace all the idols with Puchis.

wzDs15T.gif

Why is there no Puchimas game? Puzzle platformer - switch between puchi idols and use their unique powers. Haruka might be too overpowered though :)

Stuart444

Just a note, there's no option to turn off the auto-scroll in this game either. It only gives the same options as the imas2:

Auto-Save
Stage Scene Skip
Auto Appeal
Auto Burst Appeal

Yeah, sorry. I misread it due to tiredness that night. I don't know how but I did.

Sorry :(

StayDead

Managed to borrow my Dad's PS3 to get ready for OFA. I've been able to put more time into Imas2 today than I have since I've had it. So good. Can't wait for OFA to get here <3

Stuart444

I just got creamed at the E1 rank up festival. (end of the first season)... :(

I completed my season goal though and went up a Producer rank though at least.

This game seems harder at times than IM@S2 though. Enjoying it though.

Is there a plan to eventually release an iDOLM@STER game in english ?

They have Shiny Festa on iOS in English but ones like this and IM@S2? No, they would cost a shit load to localize. So much text plus licenses for the Songs and VAs. A lot of money for something that may not sell enough to make it back.

I'd buy any localized IM@S games like this one though right away but I understand why they won't.

Top Bottom