• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Capcom made another Marvel vs Capcom, what do you want to see?

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
If I could get my wish, I'd like to see

- A return to 2D graphics w/ 3D backgrounds, with the visual sharpness of Guilty Gear Xrd or something comparable.

- ACTUAL endings, and perhaps mid-boss fights. MvC3 totally could have had Silver Surfer before you fought Galactus or one of his other heralds but, whatever.

- Unlockables. Character art, themes, costumes, stages. NO DLC.

- More game modes. Perhaps a mode that harkens back to Pocket Fighter with the Gems (not that atrocity in SFxT), or something like the Krypt in MK or S.T.A.R Labs in Injustice where you have different tasks to do.

- Color palette editor. Worked well for Capcom vs SNK 2. Why not?

One thing I'd like to see carry over from MvC3 is the in game pre-fight/post fight dialogue for characters that know each other or opponent wise-cracks. Thought that was pretty ingenious.

The Roster. Unrealistic in size, I know, but its a dream roster. If games like Tekken can have massive rosters and still be pretty balanced then I think its worth a shot.

Capcpom

--Classic Street Fighters--
Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
Guile
Cammy
Sagat
Zangief
Dhalsim
Blanka
E. Honda

--Newer Generation Street Fighters--
Urien
Yang
Makoto
C. Viper (as much as I personally despise her, adding her in for fan reasons)
Sean
Q
Dudley
Guy
Cody
Hugo

--MegaMan Series--
Mega Man
Proto Man
Dr Wily (In a robotic suit)
Duo
Mega Man X
Zero
Sigma
Axl
Mega Man Volnutt
Tiesel
Tron Bonne
Roll

--Resident Evil Series--
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Nemesis
Albert Wesker

--Darkstalkers--
Demitri
Jon Talbain
Jedah
Morrigan
Felicia
B.B Hood

--Breath of Fire--
Ryu (selectable costumes for his many BOF appearances)
Nina (selectable costumes for her many BOF appearances)

-- Devil May Cry--
Dante
Vergil
Trish
Lady

Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
Hayato
Batsu
Kyosuke
Firebrand
Arthur
Jin Saotome
Frank West

Mahvel]

Cyclops
Wolverine
Gambit
Magneto
Storm
Rogue
Ms. Marvel
Juggernaut
Spiderman
Venom
Nightcrawler
Ghost Rider
Thor
Hulk
Quicksilver
Jean Grey (normal form)
Colossus
Captain America
Iron Man
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Loki
Blackheart
Omega Red
Sabretooth

--Unlockable Characters--
Samanosuke
Kaijin no Soki
Gargant
Nobunaga
Bass & Treble
Vile
Akuma
M. Bison
Fou Lu
Rei
Silver Surfer
Scarlet Witch
Carnage
Sentry
War Machine
Jojo
Dio Brando
Thanos
Phoenix

GzuPUxs.png

Shun

Solid list but no Phoenix Wright or Sissel? Blasphemy!

What I'd like to see a sequel of is Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

THAT had an amazing cast of characters and I wish it had done better to warrant a sequel.

Skilletor

I would like to see continued support in the form of patches and updates. Not going to stress about character selection since Capcom has shown they can choose and create an awesome roster from people I didn't even know I wanted.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Solid list but no Phoenix Wright or Sissel? Blasphemy!

What I'd like to see a sequel of is Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

THAT had an amazing cast of characters and I wish it had done better to warrant a sequel.

Phoenix Wright is okay in his games, but for me I didn't care much for how Capcom made him in UMvC3. I understand he's a lawyer and non-fighter, but I just personally don't like him enough to be included in my list. I WILL say I forgot to add Frank West though

Sgblues

That's a lot of SF characters, you would need more Capcom ones who, don't get enough recognition like Gene, Regina and Linn Kurosawa.

Also...Dio and Jojo? hahaha, how would that even work? Better save that for Capcom vs Shonen Jump

joe2187

Banned
Bring back fucking RUBY HEART

7clp1.jpg

and Sonson!

also, what you describe in the OP would cost too much time/money/effort that modern capcom is unwilling to provide.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Better menus, no more checking for DLC

In fact forget the DLC!

All characters are in from the get-go. No nine-month beta period/re-release for at least 2 years.

No Marvel giveth/Marvel taketh away license. Either let Capcom tell MvC or not. Don't dick around with it, you (Marvel) know the property is hot with a dedicated base, so I don't get why you wouldn't license and capitalize on that on Capcom's dime.

And as much as I would love for them to go back to 2D sprites, that won't ever happen. Too much work for HD and they get a decent (DECENT) look from 3D-models in Street 4 and Marvel 3 already.

"D"

You want 12 Mega Man reps? Why not just give MM a good range of abilities?

All the Megaman characters I listed (With the exception of maybe Bass and Protoman) all have the potential to have radically different movesets if Capcom were to really get creative with the games they hail from and apply a bit of that old Capcom magic they had in the beginning when they first started making these Vs. ganes

Riposte

A full (and terribly fanboy-ish) roster list, zero mechanics consideration, and a wish to return sprites? Way too masturbatory on a concept that is fan masturbation to begin with. EDIT: To be clear I'm not saying you shouldn't have made this thread, I just think you did an awful job. This is awful and trite fan fiction and there isn't a single creative or interesting thought that even armchair game designers could appreciate.

I will say I would actually prefer they didn't make another Marvel if it is going to limit their ability to make a better game or to push onto newer platforms. I want Capcom vs. Capcom (and I don't even necessarily want it to be a 2D fighter).

Dr. Wily and Howard the Duck would be hilarious if they could work them out. Also some cut concepts like Dr. Octopus could be easier to work out on the newer hardware.

"D"

Bring back fucking RUBY HEART

7clp1.jpg

and Sonson!

also, what you describe in the OP would cost too much time/money/effort that modern capcom is unwilling to provide.

Yep, which is why its a Dream List unfortunately. Realistically I can see Capcom totally ignoring probably over 75% of my roster :-(

MrMephistoX

I'd almost rather see a Capcom characters only fighter with the MvC engine. I honestly could care less about Marvel heroes at this point since Marvel proved they only want use characters that are currently popular and aren't tied up in licensing. Maybe revisit once Disney gets the Fantastic Four, Spider-man and Xmen licenses back.

No Venom, Green Goblin, Gambit, Cyclops or Mr. Fantastic no buy.

"D"

A full (and terribly fanboy-ish) roster list, zero mechanics consideration, and a wish to return sprites? Way too masturbatory on a concept that is fan masturbation to begin with.

I will say I would actually prefer they didn't make another Marvel if it is going to limit their ability to make a better game or to push onto newer platforms. I want Capcom vs. Capcom (and I don't even necessarily want it to be a 2D fighter).

The mechanics are fine to me, all I would add is maybe a mode where you can pick how many you want in your team and set it up like the Ration system in Cap vs. SNK. And maybe a mode where you can choose which "style" of MvC you want to play, whether its OG MvC with the selection of character assists or MvC2 w/ out X Factor or something to that effect.

Something that makes Japanese people want to play it, a good arcade port maybe. I just want the next one to be well supported instead of left to die.

-50+ characters
-Varied and cool stages, not just day/night versions
-Tournament mode (training stage is selected by default, all characters and stages unlocked, handicaps at max, button checks, etc)
-Nice looking UI and menus
-Multiple modes of play (like MK9 and Injustice)
-Consistent post-game support via patches, updates, and more
-No bullshit on-disc DLC
-No selling of another version within a year or two
-Easy uploading of matches (PS4 already sort of rectifies this via Twitch)
-1080p/60fps
-PC/PS4/Xbone

Mesoian

A balanced fucking game.

You can still have it be balls to the wall crazy but honestly, at least TRY to make it so more than only 10 characters are actually viable.

And whoever came up with doom missiles should be fired. Doom Missiles ruined Marvel.

And fix Hsien-ko. And fire whoever balanced her in the first place. Such a terrible job.

Samanosuke(Onimusha)
Gene(God Hand)
Black Panther

Give me those 3 and I'm fine

And if I see DmC Dante instead of Classic Dante the game is dead to me.

Riposte

this guy

i said he should be in and some guy in chat said "well, they put in Iron Fist, so there wasn't really a need and Clover is already overrepresented." I wanted to reach through and choke the Kappa out of him

Honestly rather see him in the Anarchy Reigns-rip off I'm now dreaming Capcom will make at some point.

Clipse

- Good netcode
- Sengoku Basara characters
- Rivals Schools characters
- Power Stone characters
- Missing MvC2 characters (Ruby Heart, Captain Commando, Jin, Hayato, Son Son, etc.)
- Online Training Mode

[QUOTE="D";101549888]Yep, which is why its a Dream List unfortunately. Realistically I can see Capcom totally ignoring probably over 75% of my roster :-([/QUOTE]
You also listed jojo characters which are licensed too.

Frosted

I would like to see:

1- Hand drawn ultra high def character sprites.
2- Every character in the marvel universe... EVERYONE !!!!
3- Every character in the Capcom Universe.

Just kiddin. Your list pleases me. But I would love to see very high detailed graphics.

Sigmaah

All I want is to be able to play Zero/X/Sigma on a team and Dante/Nero/Vergil as well.

Just fucking do it capcom, I'm ready to hand you my money. Like what the fuck, why hasn't this happened yet? God, I hate you capcom.

Bishop89

Basically mvc2 but with a shit tonne, more characters, like double that roster. And better music, dont like the jazzy music anymore.

vulva

For it to be a non-team based 1on1 fighting game. No assists. Just two characters in a direct battle.

And Sasquatch

1: I don't need a HUGE list of characters, but around the same number as MvC3/UMvC3 would be amazing. Maybe a bit more

2: Actual pipeline/seasoned support, like Injustice or MK9. Introduce perhaps new chars with their own storyline elements (Not specifically storyline, but like a short storyboard introduction and a short conditional mission mode) or something. It's an absolute shame MvC3 was put out, dumped less than 4 months later, then UMvC3 put out 8 months later and dumped after a couple of months. No support whatsoever.

3: Make characters brighter than the effects and make the effects more transparent, with smaller particle effects. Having characters with doubles the exact same color or with effects spamming the screen over the character models could get disorienting after a while

4: Redo TAC system. I don't really have a problem with it in theory but the silly rewards have no balance, and its far harder to guess right, but when you do, you get nothing but escape from a combo. I'd change it so that Up/Down and Left/Right cancel each other, no attack or level boosts for anyone.

5: X Factor toned down slightly and perhaps gain a stock of X Factor when each character is down? Maybe make it Level 1 and Level 2 X-Factors, selectable via different inputs.

6: I really do like Guilty Gear Xrd's Anime style and would love to see a comic-book version

7: The boss battle sucked. Why do all MvCs have shitty boss battles? Especially when you could've just retooled already-included characters as bosses and add hidden bosses and rewards. The single player sucked so much on the MvC3 series. You could've made a Dark Phoenix with 2M health as a boss, or Dormammu with instant access to all spells, A team of triggered Dante/Vergil/Wolverine/Jill/Ryu/Frank/Wright/Arthur/Gold armor characters (Hsien-Ko), constant X Factor, constant SloMo, Astral Vision, etc. Instead you chose Galactus and Doom/Wesker/forgot. Weak.

Top Bottom