• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If I get a LIVE starter kit, what ver am I likely to get?

doncale

Banned
I was looking at the $39 Xbox Live starter kit w/ 3mo sub. and the $69 kit w/ 12mo sub - what versions of Xbox Live are these, and can i download newer versions to upgrade, or do i need to have a physical disc to have the latest version?

LIVE newb here, obviously, so go easy on me :)

epmode

upgrades are free and are required to sign on to live. in other words, live 3.0 will be downloaded automatically.

IJoel

doncale said:
I was looking at the $39 Xbox Live starter kit w/ 3mo sub. and the $69 kit w/ 12mo sub - what versions of Xbox Live are these, and can i download the upgrade or do i need to have a physical disc to have the latest version.

LIVE newb here, obviously, so go easy on me :)

The $69.99 is a better value, but there has been really good deals with the $39 one.

Anyway, once you are subscribed, you don't need the disk anymore and you can automatically continue the subscription (through your credit card.)

Of course, regardless of which you decide to pick, first use a 2 month free trial to get those 2 months for free.

Malakhov

Banned
I bought an xbox live pack last year and I think it's running out in September. Can I cancel that account and buy a new xbox live kit?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
check to see if newegg still has that 12 month kit w/ Crimson Skies for 57.

BuddyC

Malakhov said:
I bought an xbox live pack last year and I think it's running out in September. Can I cancel that account and buy a new xbox live kit?
Sure. Or you can just continue your existing account using the Subscription Code in the new kit, your choice.

Top Bottom