• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If I Liked BurnOut 3, Should I Try To Get Part 2?

I enjoyed part 1 (for GameCube) and I am digging part 3 (for PS2). Should I get part 2? Am I missing much by passing? I hear the Xbox version was the best one.

Lathentar said:
Other than a superior Crash Mode.

get out of my mind. I actually found BO2 to have greater longevity - I really think they should have waited a while to release BO3 because it felt sameish. Prettier but sameish and that really didn't help the game. The Bullet time spin around got old quite fast too

Cafeman

Burnout 3 is a great, entertaining update to B1 and B2. But its existence doesn't mean you shouldn't try B2 -- I actually finished Burnout 1 and Burnout 2, which I didn't B3. I say go for it.

Going from B3 to B2 will probably seem a little bit underwhelming at first, but I think B2 has more fun real races. Does B3 have any cop chases? I loved those Chase Mode races in B2.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Burnout 2 is pretty good, but the tracks are pure ass. That was one thing that BO3 upgraded in spades. The tracks were just so much better in depth and overall fun then the boring uninspired random track in 80% of BO2.

Gamedude

A whole other kind of music: Techno, Burnout 3's soundtrack was probably huge influenced by EA.
I prefer Burnout 3's soundtrack over those techno beats though.

ZeMMiK

Burnout 3 is going to fast...to chaotic...I liked burnout 2 much much better...
It is nice to put the medal on the pedal but no 98% of the whole race!!!

Sullichin said:
Burnout 1 = suck
Burnout 2 = Good
Burnout 3 = Great

NO!

Burnout 1 has best track design and shit loads of traffic. The crashes suck though. And it's no where near as fast as B2 and B3 but it's far more challenging. Still I like all the games as they are all unique and different from each other.

TeTr1C

I don't know why BO3 didn't have the Chase mode...it would've been more fun.

Then again, I guess Road Rage online is sort of like chase mode. :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BO1 = Great
BO2 = disappointment for me
BO3 = great googly mooglies!

BO1 was a great racer. BO2 ditched most of the traffic for chaining turbos, and I just didn't like the lack of drama, wider tracks and sloppier handling. BO3 I love. Still less traffic, but the handling is sharper, the tracks are great, and the whole battling thing is fantastic.

I think they are all different games really

BO1=Ridge Racer
BO2=Tony hawks chaining combos
BO3=Road Rash

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I find BO2 unplayable now. So so slow in comparison. Crashes are meh...

TeTr1C

Yeah, BO2 is unplayable for me too. It sucks compared to the intensity of BO3. It seems so plain. :) It was a good game though.

And the cars don't get crunched up or anything like they do in BO3.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Matlock said:
Burnout 2 GC > *

and a preemptive STFU to dark10x for questioning me. :p

I will not STFU!!!!111

Just explain yourself again. I just can't fathom why you would say that. It isn't the best version (and yes, that's actually fact).

Top Bottom