• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iga: "What we learn on Nano Breaker is going to Castlevania."

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Even more delectable quotes from Play Sept. 04' magazine:

[Play interview with Koji Igarashi, producer of Nano Breaker at KCET]

Play: And no Igarashi interview would be complete without asking if you've given any thought to the next Castlevania game.

Igarashi: I am the Castlevania producer, so we are working on the concept.....What we've learned on Castlevania (Lament of Innocence), that knowledge goes toward Nano Breaker. What we learn on Nano Breaker is going to Castlevania. It goes back and forth. That's what I'm thinking anyway!

Interesting! New PS2 Castlevania pronto, please! :)

evil ways

New console Castlevania? Yes please.

Lament of Innocence was great, but the poor level designs and the repetitive hallways brought the overall experience down, but now that they have the 3D gameplay nailed down they should focus on the levels and a bit more platforming.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I remember looking at Nano Breaker screens a while back, and it really made me think that it started as a futuristic Castlevania that went a little too far away from what Castlevania is, hence the change. Anyway, I'm intrigued in both it and a new 3D CV.
Loved Lament personally.

Although I really want another Metroidvania right about now.

evil ways

Wario64 said:
I want a 2D Castlevania game on consoles :|

PS2.jpg
+
119968.jpg

or

19-1.jpg

+

303828_f.gif
+
204954.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
That GBPlayer image is WRONG!
Look at the cartridge!
FOOLS!

Mrbob

:/

I want a Platinum GBA player.

Stupid Jet Black only.

Back on topic, Nano Breaker could be cool. I hope it is. LoI disappointed me.

We need Aria of Sorrow 2: Aka: SOTN III: ALUCARD EDITION.

That or a nice hard (no pansy NES verison) of the old-school Castlevania. Oh I'd like that. Something along the lines of the Chronicles re-release. I miss hard platform/action games. Zero's the only one to fill that void on the GBA...

Pimpbaa

I want an Iga made 2D Castlevania for a console :( The gba ones felt like SOTN lite, and the the last 3D was only average.

jarrod

Banned
I'd like to see that online team based CV Iga's been wanting to do... imagine PSO with LOI combat. Mmmmmmm! :)

I say let him keep Metroidvania on DS (where it'll perform better anyway) and try something different on PS2...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Remake and expand on Dracula X:Rondo of Blood... a great game (the best "pure" CV), and one that very few Americans have played.

Ill Saint

Wyzdom said:
If the next Castlevania in 3D still don't have anything good except combats, IGA can shove it up his chinese ass.
Up his "chinese ass"? Talk about mangled and misplaced anger...

Zenny

Banned
djtiesto said:
Remake and expand on Dracula X:Rondo of Blood... a great game (the best "pure" CV), and one that very few Americans have played.

Please!
I have both Dracula X:Rondo of Blood PC-ENGLINE & Super Castlevania IV SNES
And still, the latter is much better in my opinion.

Hey, and it's also for sale if interested. Or it's going up on E-bay within the week.
Pretty much mint condition with spine card. Won't take less than $150. PM if interested.

SolidSnakex said:
Yah, curse this evil man who actually tries new things with the series!

ripping off Metroid's gameplay and milking it to the ground over and over and over suddenly is innovative? I guess i should remember you're the same guy who wanted to give Jason Rubin a medal for turning Jak into Grand Theft Auto. hey, i actually think SOTN and the gba CV's were decent enough (specially SOTN obviously), but thats been done to death. I grew up playing, and loving, the NES and SNES castlevanias. I want something similar to that. Come to think of it, i guess i was a little harsh on Iga. LoI, while dull as hell overall, was a somewhat good foundation of a 3D, action/level based castlevania. Just give me a bit more platforming, less redundancy, less backtracking and more level variety and it could be something special.

Pah! bring back Jun Furano. SCV4 was tremendous and it's been a while since we saw a CV game of the good old platform variety (or rather non-metroidvania).

Top Bottom