• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Halo 2 - A Second Look

Saturnman

Banned
Pedigree Chum said:
That's a good thing, Halo1's cutscenes were so breif that I didn't even bother following the story after the first few levels. Halo 2's OTH are longer (but not too long, and come after quite a bit of gameplay), are directed a million times better, and are beautifully intertwined between Master Cheif and the Arbiter (ie. You do something as MC, and the Arbiter comments on those actions later on during a cutscene, so cool, it gives your actions real weight). I'm REALLY enjoying the storyline, which is suprising since I was expecting nothing from it going off of Halo1.

Halo 1 didn't need longer cut-scenes since a lot of the details were discussed while you're playing, especially later in the game with Cortana and Guilty Spark. It's perhaps less flashy, but I still like it.

davis

Pachinko said:
Is it just me or does it seem odd that the only one who makes complaints is the PS2 editor ? Just saying is all. Not that his complaint is entirely unwarrented but still...

I honestly don't even think he likes or wants to be the PS2 editor most ppl I know that were big PC gamers seeem to hate PS2.

hiryu

I say Xbox because anyone with a PC and a copy of UT 2004 or Battlefield really won't care. If you fall into the caring category, buy Halo 2 and workout that Xbox Live, else you will be disappointed by the unsatisfying single-player experience that happens to resemble Halo the first, only slightly less cool and a whole lot less climatic.

That wraps up my feelings on the game perfectly. The fact that editors splooge all over Halo and Halo 2 when there are plenty of better FPS games on the PC is just lame. Playing multiplayer Halo 2 is like traveling back in time and playing a PC first person shooter except now you have a shitty ass controller instead of a nice and smooth mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom