• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN reviews Advance Guardian Heroes

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
seems like the reviewer particularly disliked the slowdown. of course, the original guardian heroes featured some pretty brutal slowdown as well. oh well, it's not as if anything could've stopped me from buying this. or meaningfully dampened my enthusiasm. treasure rocks.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I stopped reading after the first sentence.

September 14, 2004 - It's only been a short two months since Treasure unleashed one of its finest 2D efforts on the Game Boy Advance: Astro Boy: Omega Factor.
Are IGN writers incapable of telling time? Astro Boy shipped in the US a month ago. Does anyone read this stuff for mistakes or is it all written in one big hurry and then thrown up on the site without a second glance?

neo2046 said:
:( ....................
Treasure ought to port this game to Gamecube

well it would have to be published by Sega- Sammy in japan. According to some Sega-Sammy doesn't like Nintendo any longer. :) How well did this game do In Japan?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Why should they bother?

Clearly they can spend much less resources and time on some handheld crap. Faithful Lemmings will eat the shit up either way, so this just means higher profit margins.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FortNinety said:
I still don't know why Treasure, of all people, would waster their time on a half-hearted game like this.

Treasure's track record of quality games went to shit this generation anyway. :p

Jagernaut

Dan said:
I stopped reading after the first sentence.

Are IGN writers incapable of telling time? Astro Boy shipped in the US a month ago. Does anyone read this stuff for mistakes or is it all written in one big hurry and then thrown up on the site without a second glance?

They must have edited that really quick.

September 14, 2004 - It's only been a short few weeks since Treasure unleashed one of its finest 2D efforts on the Game Boy Advance: Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

Maybe is dead wrong to think this way but I could never take this sequel seriously because it wasn't being made on current consoles. To go from Saturn to GBA....it just doesn't register to me at all here. I understand why they did this-the GBA userbase and the money it'll bring them ofcourse. I stll don't like it though.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
treasure have turned out some half-assed licensed stuff this gen, presumably out of financial necessity. but i think their best stuff is as good as it's ever been. gradius v, ikaruga, and astro boy can stand with anything in their catalogue. as can bangaioh, if that counts as this gen. and hajime no ippo and wario world are solid enough.

that leaves the horrendous silpheed 2, and there i hear treasure were only brought in late in development to try and salvage the gameplay. stretch panic was a half-finished experiment that they didn't intend to publish until conspiracy showed interest. and while i won't claim it's a good game, i enjoyed it for what it was. and buster's bad dream, while sort of sketchy and repetitive, toyed with some good ideas that were brought to glorious fruition in astro boy. haven't played dragon drive, but it looks pretty poor.

and come on, even at the height of their genesis pomp treasure released a couple relative stinkers in ronald mcdonald's treasureland and light crusader. i don't think there's been any real decline.

yes, i'm a shameless treasure apologist. but that's not as bad as being a playmore apologist. :p

Lyte Edge

BenT, that's great, but then there's also Treasure crap like Buster's Bad Dream, Dragon Drive, Stretch Panic, and Silpheed TLP (I am so glad Gradius V didn't suck).

drohne said:
yes, i'm a shameless treasure apologist. but that's not as bad as being a playmore apologist. :p

You can say what you want, but there's nothing as bad as Stretch Panic, Dragon Drive (yeah, it SUCKS), and Silpheed TLP in Playmore's library. That's right...NOTHING. Even SvC Chaos is better. ;)

neo2046

sonic4ever said:
well it would have to be published by Sega- Sammy in japan. According to some Sega-Sammy doesn't like Nintendo any longer. :) How well did this game do In Japan?
The game will be released in Japan at the end of this month

Lyte Edge

robot said:
well at least they didnt f up a sequel to gunstar heroes.

I'm glad for that. Even the rip-off that apparently stopped any sequel from being made, Sony's Gunner's Heaven, was a decent game...

Top Bottom