• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN reviews Viewtiful Joe 2

Bebpo

Banned
Viewtiful Joe and Maximo are Capcom's strongest new franchises this gen IMO. They both focus on good gameplay rather than presentation and they both feel like 'gamer-orientated' games if there is such a thing.

Hopefully Maximo 3 in 2005 ;)

Matlock

Banned
IGN REVIEW said:
Like its predecessor, Viewtiful Joe 2 slaps conformity in the face and unleashes a storm of unrelenting action drenched in the same brand of funky chic. It's fun. It's fast. It's pretty. And yes, it's damn hard. Fans of the original will find exactly what they're looking for.

Maybe a little too much of what they're looking for. VJ2 looks and plays so much like the first, in fact, that someone looking at it in passing may mistake if for the original. But there are differences; some superficial while others fundamental, so playing through VJ2 offers a different experience from the first.

Hrrrm...May wait a little while for this one, unlike the original. Still sounds sweet, but dunno if I really want to run after it right now.

Bebpo said:
Viewtiful Joe and Maximo are Capcom's strongest new franchises this gen IMO. They both focus on good gameplay rather than presentation and they both feel like 'gamer-orientated' games if there is such a thing.

Hopefully Maximo 3 in 2005 ;)

Is Maximo really a new franchise? I always thought it was a retool of the G&G franchise.

jett

D-Member
I don't think I will be getting this. VJ1 was not the UBERGAME cubites hyped it to be, and this game just looks like more of the same.

SantaC

Mr_Furious said:
Low sales = NO 3rd game to (potentially) get Co-op, EVER!

If you liked the first one, why not get this one?

Because I can't afford every fucking game this holiday, plus that I am going to buy NDS + Mario 64 DS + Feel the magic.

VJ2 just isn't in the priority.

Bebpo

Banned
Matlock said:
Is Maximo really a new franchise? I always thought it was a retool of the G&G franchise.

Well it's more of a 'spiritual' successor but gameplay-wise I'd say it's original enough to be a new property :p

SantaCruZer said:
Because I can't afford every fucking game this holiday, plus that I am going to buy NDS + Mario 64 DS + Feel the magic.

VJ2 just isn't in the priority.
You could always wait till next year to buy the fucking game :p

Matlock

Banned
Bebpo said:
Well it's more of a 'spiritual' successor but gameplay-wise I'd say it's original enough to be a new property :p

Ah, fair enough, I guess. I may have to pick one of the games up for cheap eventually to see exactly what they're all about.

Top Bottom