• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - WWE Day of Reckoning Story Mode Details/Screens

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Definitely not mind-blowing. Pretty mundane really. But you gotta start somewhere right?

I'm still really optimistic about this game. Of course, if I had a nickel for every wrestling title that has disappointed me since No Mercy, well you get the idea. I still can't believe what they did to Legends of Wrestling.

wwe-day-of-reckoning-20040803052706682.jpg

.... at the text and .................. at vince looking like a b rated yakuza boss

Penguin

Well sounds like a combination of several story modes which is cool.

I mean you started off similarly as a rookie in HcTP, and you had timed test in No Mercy if memory serves right. I'm just hoping it's branching and not something you go through once.

evil ways

Ninja Scooter said:
wwe-day-of-reckoning-20040803052706682.jpg

so the rumors were true! Wrestlers really do have to give Vince head to get a push!

I knew it, the Z-Man didn't lie.

As for the game, it looks like crap, not so much visually but the collision detection is still way off, which means it's the same as in X8 and XIX, and the lame camera & sound effects are terrible.

I mean, do we really need for the whole screen to shake everytime someone hits a move, or that negative black & white effect on Specials, or even worst the woosh sounds after nearly every move is performed. Reminds me of Wrestlemania The Arcade Game.

raYne

evil ways said:
I knew it, the Z-Man didn't lie.

As for the game, it looks like crap, not so much visually but the collision detection is still way off, which means it's the same as in X8 and XIX, and the lame camera & sound effects are terrible.

I mean, do we really need for the whole screen to shake everytime someone hits a move, or that negative black & white effect on Specials, or even worst the woosh sounds after nearly every move is performed. Reminds me of Wrestlemania The Arcade Game.

I mostly agree, but the paused black & white effect on the specials rock.

Sure it's all gimmicky if you're into the purist stuff but it helps to "sell" the moves. Images of broken bones/severe damage automatically pop into my head whenever I see it.

Top Bottom