• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's new logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

ignent110x65_white.gif
ignent_footer_333333.gif

IGN -1

Makura

It's more professional and corporate than their previous one. Based on the direction they're going in, it was the best thing for IGN to do I think.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
belgurdo said:
That logo looks fine. Or are people just complaining because it's IGN?
It's certainly possible. I personally have no problem with iGN, though, and I find that logo to be pretty bad as far as logos go.

Laurent

aoi tsuki said:
Geez, what's wrong with it? Looks fine to me.
The colors... Red and black always looks weird. The line after "ENTERTAINMENT" isn't logic; they add it to balance it with the red dot, but they should have done something with it (an arrow for example).

I like the letters being bold, caps and close to each other. Italic is getting standards nowadays (Microsoft, Burger King, etc).

Maybe hideous was a little strong on my part... But they could have added a modified version of their arrowcross, the logo looks empty. Although it NEEDED to change (or go)...

Laurent

human5892 said:
It's certainly possible. I personally have no problem with iGN, though, and I find that logo to be pretty bad as far as logos go.
I don't think they will refer to themselves as iGN because of their logo. Everyone wrote IGN even thought their old logo was in small letters...

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Laurent said:
I don't think they will refer to themselves as iGN because of their logo. Everyone wrote IGN even thought their old logo was in small letters...
Heh, yeah, I don't think they will either. It was really just a joke to illustrate that the random lowercase letter irritates me. :)

aoi tsuki

i think the red dot of the i is used to enforce that the i is indeed lowercase. A lowercase i, to indicate "internet", "iPod", "i-whatever". Kind of the further procession of their old taglines "We are i" and "For those of the i generation" (or something like that). i agree on the red line. i think it would've been better to just leave it out completely, and maybe balance "iGN" out by right-aligning "entertainment".

aoi tsuki said:
i think the red dot of the i is used to enforce that the i is indeed lowercase. A lowercase i, to indicate "internet", "iPod", "i-whatever". Kind of the further procession of their old taglines "We are i" and "For those of the i generation" (or something like that). i agree on the red line. i think it would've been better to just leave it out completely, and maybe balance "iGN" out by right-aligning "entertainment".

"Internet" is a proper noun...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Manabanana said:
"Internet" is a proper noun...

The Internet is a proper noun indeed... it is a name... and should be capped...

carpal

What the fuck? Red and black go great together. The logo is an improvement, but it's not great. Who cares either way though.

Hournda

Teh Hamburglar said:
I hate when people say "I could do better" but in this instance I think I really could do better job designing a logo.

Then make one, post it here and we'll be the judge.

Laurent

carpal said:
What the fuck? Red and black go great together. The logo is an improvement, but it's not great. Who cares either way though.
NaziFlag.gif

No, it doesn't go well together since 1919...

carpal

Because people are really going to look at IGN's logo and associate it with the Nazi party?

Also, just look at how effective and impactful the that image is! Just another demonstration of how powerful red and black are when used together.

PPS: Let's not turn this into an argument about hatred and all that shit. Nazis can suck a dick, but they had smart logo design back in the day, just like they had effective propaganda. That's all.

somnific

Laurent said:
No, it doesn't go well together since 1919...

don't be fucking stupid. that has nothing to do with why red and black don't go together. it has everything to do with you bringing up a completely unrelated negative connotation in order to support your opinion.

Laurent

somnific said:
don't be fucking stupid. that has nothing to do with why red and black don't go together. it has everything to do with you bringing up a completely unrelated negative connotation in order to support your opinion.
Of course it's completely unrelated. I am not saying otherwise... But the fact is that you should watch out for colors that might remind people those kind of things. It's a very basic marketing rule...

Fortunately, they seem to use the white IGN on grey background most of the time (which I like best)...

HAOHMARU

ignvsga.jpg

I lost my other IGN riot police photo when my webpage went down. Now we have one with the new logo incase the IGN admin crew decides to invade GA and opress us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom