• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm going to buy an Xbox from ebay

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I found an Xbox for a reasonable price and considering it's a but it now offer, Im going to go for it, but before i do, i just need to know a few things:

1. I am an international buyer from the UK, so should I e-mail the seller before I buy it or after I buy it.

2. As an international buyer, would the best method of payment still be paypal or should I use another method of payment.

IJoel

Certainly let him know you are from UK.

Also, if I were you, I'd have him check what dvd drive his Xbox has (Thomson, Phillips or Samsung.) If it had a Thomson, I wouldn't go for it.

psycho_snake

I want it to be NTSC and not PAL. Also, should I e-mail him before or after the purchase?

psycho_snake said:
I found an Xbox for a reasonable price and considering it's a but it now offer, Im going to go for it, but before i do, i just need to know a few things:

1. I am an international buyer from the UK, so should I e-mail the seller before I buy it or after I buy it.

2. As an international buyer, would the best method of payment still be paypal or should I use another method of payment.

Don't you already own one?

psycho_snake

Daxter Too said:
Don't you already own one?
nope. Apart from a couple of games, i dont see a point getting one, but Ebay has some for real cheap so I guess there is no harm in buying one:)

Unless he states he ships internationally, e-mail before purchasing (unless you want someone to potentially leave negative feedback). And if you're going international, I don't think anyone is gonna accept anything other than PayPal. It's already a hassle without adding a different payment method.

psycho_snake said:
nope. Apart from a couple of games, i dont see a point getting one, but Ebay has some for real cheap so I guess there is no harm in buying one:)

I always knew you were a liar. You used to claim you had on on IGN and then complain about it every other post. How did you ever become an admin there? Fakeboys suck....

psycho_snake

ravingloon said:
Unless he states he ships internationally, e-mail before purchasing (unless you want someone to potentially leave negative feedback). And if you're going international, I don't think anyone is gonna accept anything other than PayPal. It's already a hassle without adding a different payment method.
In the shipping details section he says that international buyers will have to pay extra. he has had over 500 piosative comments so I think he is reliable. Also, if I use paypal do I have to make an account.

I found another deal for cheaper and in the main info part it says they ship worldwide but in the actual shipping details it says nothing about international shipping, just that i have to e-mail him three days after the bid is finished, so should I try to bid for that?

Solid

I'd buy a new one if I were you. I bought a used one back in '02 and it broke two times. Since then I buy all my consoles new.

psycho_snake

Daxter Too said:
I always knew you were a liar. You used to claim you had on on IGN and then complain about it every other post. How did you ever become an admin there? Fakeboys suck....
.....i see someone hasnt taken their medication yet. Just because I have the same username as someone on another board deosn't mean I'm the same person. You sounded like a complete retard just then, and what kind of word is fakeboy....

psycho_snake

Deepthroat said:
I'd buy a new one if I were you. I bought a used one back in '02 and it broke two times. Since then I buy all my consoles new.
the one I mentioned first is new. I would never buy a used item from anything online.

You're gonna have to create a PayPal account (Unless Ebay changed this. I've been a member for so long, I'm not familar if they've simplified the process since ebay bought it. I doubt it.) As for e-mailing before/after a bid. As long as they say they accept international bids, it doesn't matter. E-mailing before bidding, however, will let you know if someone is gonna pad the shipping fees and by how much.

psycho_snake

The problem with some of the bids is that they don't mention how much it is for international shipping. It also says for some of them that you have to pay the bid in a certain amount of days. Does that mean the price of what you are buying or the price of what you are buying along with the price of shipping. It may take the seller too long to reply to your e-mail to ask about shipping and then you lose the deal.

psycho_snake

ravingloon said:
Bid is just that, the bid price. Shipping is on top of that.
yeah, I know that, but when youy pay the person, do you pay just the price you bid or do you pay the price you and the shipping fees?

Takuan

ALWAYS ask for a shipping quote first if you're not a local buyer. Also, I'd try to go for a Samsung drive (has two quarter-sized holes on the disc tray spaced about an inch or two apart) because it reads media the best, something that will come in handy if you decide to mod your Xbox. Heck, get one with a Samsung even if you don't want to mod i, I read they're less liable to break down.

Paypal's a good way to send money internationally, but make sure the seller knows of it and doesn't mind receiving payments from unconfirmed addresses. Also, some sellers refuse to receive credit card payments. With any sort of auction it's a good idea to ask the seller everything you need to know beforehand - if they don't reply, then they're not worth your trouble.

psycho_snake

I found another Xbox for a very good price $80.00 for the console and 2 s controllers) but it has been used before, but the person has had over 1000 good comments from buyers, so should I go for it?

Top Bottom