• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm Looking For An "X-in-1 TV Games" Joystick With Multiplayer... Recommendations?

Motch

I'm looking on Amazon right now and I see the Atari/Activision/Namco ones, but I really have no idea if they have multiplayer or not... I'm looking for one for multiplayer, since I'm moving into a house with 5 other ppl in September and the last thing I want is for them to be jealous of it, hah.

Agent X

The new Jakks Pacific TV Games Atari Paddle should be available very soon. There are actually two versions, one which is a single paddle for one player only, and another which has two paddles, so that you can play two players on most of the games. Obviously, if you're interested in playing some multiplayer games, the two-player version is the one you want. :)

jakks-tv-games-atari-paddle-20040628074914844-000.jpg

The emulation on this one was done by Digital Eclipse, who are the absolute masters at this craft (they also did most of the Atari and Midway classic game compilations released over the last few years). If you're familiar with Digital Eclipse's emulation work, then you know that some real love went into the creation of this product.

IGN just posted a review, which you can read if you click here. I also recommend this thread from AtariAge, where Curt Vendel (longtime Atari fan and collector) got a pre-release unit for evaluation, and shared his thoughts with the AtariAge community.

For simultaneous head-to-head games, I'd recommend Pong, Canyon Bomber, and of course Warlords. But, wait, that's not all! Not only do you get the 2600 renditions of Pong (as found in the 2600 cartridge Video Olympics) and Warlords, but you also get the arcade versions of those games! Earth to Gaming Age, come in Gaming Age! I said you get the arcade versions of Pong and Warlords, playable on your TV with genuine paddle controls!

The only thing that would make this better would be to have four paddles available for four-player games (especially with Warlords), but this doesn't allow it--so don't get rid of your Atari 2600 games yet! As it is, this still seems like a really sweet deal.

Top Bottom