• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In a bold move, VP candidate Mike Pence declares President Obama a legal US citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.
#sad

KITV said:
SAN DIEGO (CNN) -- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Wednesday he believes President Barack Obama was born in the US, drawing a clear distinction with his running mate, Donald Trump, who has declined to say the same.

The Republican vice presidential nominee also declined to weigh in on whether the businessman should apologize for suggesting Obama was not born in the US.

"I believe Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, I accept his birthplace. I just don't know where he's coming from on foreign policy and on economics and on Obamacare," Pence told reporters aboard his campaign plane just after it touched down here.

Pence was asked four times about calls for an apology from Trump, but declined to address the issue, saying: "I think Donald Trump's record both as a businessman and as a political leader and as a patron in supporting minority efforts, and particularly supporting the advancement of the African-American community, really speaks for itself."

Pence has often drawn parallels between his favorite president, Ronald Reagan, and the businessman. When asked if the so-called "birther" comments have hurt Trump's ability to attract African-American voters, Pence said the candidate is making his case to Americans of all races.

"Donald Trump, in his candor and in his vision, is expanding the Republican Party as we speak," Pence said when asked about Reagan's work to expand the party.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"I think Donald Trump's record both as a businessman and as a political leader and as a patron in supporting minority efforts, and particularly supporting the advancement of the African-American community, really speaks for itself."

Well, he's not wrong. lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did the Clinton Camp pay Pence to say that? Holy shit, it's going to give them exactly what they want: Trump the birther.

Nafai1123

Banned
I love how Trump on O'Reilly last night was like "Man, I don't even think about it anymore. You guys are still talking about it?"

Motherfucker you brought it up to begin with you piece of shit.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bwahahaha, simply by being vaguely normal Mike Pence keeps exposing Trump's weaknesses.

FtsH

I don't mind US been ruled by aliens at all, given Hillary and Trump are the best we can come up with.

Alucrid

Banned
he's a hateful ass, but he probably doesn't want his running with another hateful ass to be the end of his hateful assedness

captivatingly-kenyan.jpg

I guess he hasn't seen the birth certificate. Sad!

cowboyz89

Interesting decision for Trump. On one hand, his base has shown that they are willing to stick with him through various flip flops, but on the other racism toward Obama is a fundamental part of these peoples lives.

Piecake

Kinda amusing considering that Pence is probably a lot closer to Obama on foreign policy than he is to Trump. And who the fuck knows what Trump thinks about on any other issue.

Mobius 1

"Declares"

Oh thank you, thanks for the clarification there, I would have never know or considered it before.

Arseboils one and all in this GOP campaign.

Kinda amusing considering that Pence is probably a lot closer to Obama on foreign policy than he is to Trump. And who the fuck knows what Trump thinks about on any other issue.

Well, at least when Trump wins Pence will be taking care of foreign and domestic policy while Trump focuses on making the country great.

Pence basically disagrees with Trump on a daily basis but keeps saying he's great anyways.

It lends a lot of credit to the story that Pence will basically be the real President while Trump goes around giving speeches.

"I think Donald Trump's record both as a businessman and as a political leader and as a patron in supporting minority efforts, and particularly supporting the advancement of the African-American community, really speaks for itself."

Well, he's not wrong. lol

LOL

I forgot Trump is a birther. Trump says so many crazy things that you forget some of them.

FTFY :p

Pence basically disagrees with Trump on a daily basis but keeps saying he's great anyways.

It lends a lot of credit to the story that Pence will basically be the real President while Trump goes around giving speeches.

Yeah I mean why does Pence seem so relaxed and carefree as everything is burning around him? If they win he gets to basically be President. If they lose he will most assuredly get reelected now that's he's a part of Trumpism. Win win for him

zethren

Banned
Hate isn't a strong enough word to describe how I feel about the Trump/Pence ticket.

Loathe? Loathe is good.

Yes it does Mr. Pence, yes it does.

Dude Abides

Banned
Pence's approach from the outset has been to avoid criticizing Trump or directly saying he's wrong but at the same time he won't adopt his most toxic positions.

What?! When? Where was I when all of this took place??

What?! When? Where was I when all of this took place??

I think its the subtlest of subtle shade being thrown. As many times as Pence has broken from Trump, I don't think he actually likes him or would be a Trumpette if he wasn't VP.

edit: Down the list:

Businessman - multiple bankruptcies
Political leader - failure up to this point
AA outreach - nonexistant

It truly does speak for itself.

shamanick

FTFY :p

Yeah I mean why does Pence seem so relaxed and carefree as everything is burning around him? If they win he gets to basically be President. If they lose he will most assuredly get reelected now that's he's a part of Trumpism. Win win for him

Man I hope Indiana punishes Pence for being Trump VP but I doubt that happens :(

He said he confirms it and that Trump has confirmed it for two years now. Then tries to go on a rant that Hillary was the first one to say that Obama wasn't born here.
That sounds like something Giuliani would say. Dude lost his marbles so bad he doesn't even remember having them in the first place.

Meowster

Tbh it makes me mad when people say that peoples dislike for Obama has nothing to do with racism and then they make up bullshit like the birther nonsense

Kibbles

Dodging the question and trying to randomly get out premade quotes about how he's advancing African Americans lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom