• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie GAF: Speed Rivals anime racing game

BioFan

Hello GAF! It's been a while.

I’ve been a member here since 2004, but I haven’t posted much over the years. Today, I’m stepping out of my comfort zone to share something my small indie team and I have been working on. We’re from Indonesia, and we’re currently developing a game called Speed Rivals.

It’s still in the early stages, but the concept is something we’re excited about. Speed Rivals blends combat racing—think Twisted Metal—with a resource management system inspired by Stardew Valley. We’re aiming for an anime-style world where fast-paced, intense races are combined with strategic elements like upgrading your car and managing resources off the track.

We’re also exploring the idea of adding character-driven story arcs, kind of like what you’d see in fighting games like Street Fighter. Each racer would have their own story, rivalries, and a final showdown in the ultimate race. It’s still something we’re testing out, but we hope it can bring more depth and personality to the racing genre.

Here’s a short clip of what we’ve been working on so far:

We’ve just started developing the garage/resource management system, so we’re still figuring a lot out. This is definitely a work in progress, but we’re excited to keep improving and growing as a team.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. It’s a big step for me to share our work, and any feedback or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Top Bottom