• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [September] Now Voting - Post 878!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm looking to get some feedback on a Kickstarter preview page for Malebolgia. Anyone who's interested in having a look, shoot me a PM or post here. :)

Oh bottom of the page.

Top of the page.

Magic!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
would like to say that cloudberry kingdom is on alot more than just PC

Feel free to name everything and I'll add it. It takes a huge amount of time writing up the OP, so I am usually not that thorough with platforms.

Paz

Hmm, kind of tired but feel like giving away a Cactus Steam key, never been able to do that before! Hopefully that kind of thing is allowed here.

First person to quote me gets it.

Nabs

Hmm, kind of tired but feel like giving away a Cactus Steam key, never been able to do that before! Hopefully that kind of thing is allowed here.

First person to quote me gets it.

hey

edit: thanks!

Paz

I'm soft, I gave you both keys.

Hopefully you have some fun, but either way post up your thoughts some time :)

Hofmann

Daina: The Herbarium - It has just appeared on Greenlight - part 3D adventure game and part gardening simulator.

Experience a fantastic adventure in a hand painted world. Explore an overgrown island full of secrets, plant lush gardens and meet strange creatures - but beware the ever-changing weather and the dangerous wildlife.

The game does not contain any violence and is well suited for gamers of all ages.

A83D6636A55646DC10C5A97F2C81A71CB8248CBE

I'm soft, I gave you both keys.

Hopefully you have some fun, but either way post up your thoughts some time :)
You're the dev right? I was wondering if you were planning on adding more single player options.

The demo is fantastic but I think solo players miss out on the strategy of combining certain weapons like you would if you were playing with others. I know it's focused towards co-op but being able to customize your loadout while playing solo would be useful.

If you're a fan of simulating mundane life like Cart Life and Papers, Please, keep Tower 22 on your radar. Nazi dystopia simulator made by 1 guy.

Greenlight
Trailer

http://indiestatik.com/2013/09/03/s...pressive-nazi-controlled-dystopia-in-zone-22/
If you’re getting a whiff of games like Cart Life and Papers, Please right now, you wouldn’t be wrong in your snooping. Zone 22 is about living a boring and shitty life, and the menial tasks you have to do in order to earn your keep. Otherwise it’s probably death for you. You work to earn money, and there are different workstations where you can do that, including: Bullet Control, Helmet Control, Cleaning, Slaughter House, Box Moving, Cutting Grass, Mining and more.

With your money, you can purchase the items to serve your basic needs such as food, as well as cigarettes and booze to reduce your stress levels. You’ll have to actually cook every meal for your character, and leave time to sleep and reduce your stress however you can, and it’s managing these three systems (hunger, sleep, stress) that will occupy your time.

But there’s no need for you to remain a good citizen in this place, not when there’s others around you looking to escape and seeking help to hatch a plan and get out of the city for good. It’s up to you whether you want to live your dull life out, or try to escape with the others, but to do so you’ll have to perform dangerous tasks to obtain materials to create weapons and cause chaos.

You may even want to turn on your fellow civilians and work your way into the guard and become the oppressor yourself; you have that freedom.

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_171761634_preview.jpg

zo-234x300.jpg

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_171761634_preview-1-570x269.jpg

Cth

Slightly off topic, but what is a feed? Wanted to post an article or two of mine on Reddit to spread the word about overlooked games every now and then

Then it says this:
Don't use /r/indiegaming as a feed to your site, don't submit every article and news that your site publishes. Quality over quantity please.

CLIFF NOTES:
They're saying if your sole purpose of being there is to post links to your website to get hits from their larger audience, they'll delete/ban/whatever.

In other words, if you plan on using it to get traffic to your website, instead of posting a thread every day, save them up and post a bunch of links at the end of the week (or whenever)

If there's major developments/news that should be ok to post as well, but if the majority of the posts there look like advertisements for your website, they're not going to be happy.

Anyways, a feed is something sites can link to which consists of a bunch of links to news stories. Generating discussion isn't something a feed can do, so posting information should be fine provided you follow up and discuss it and don't just spam the forum with posts/links.

Afro

Shades of Sanity
(PS: It's psychological horror Gone Home-style)

just discovered Sanitarium after seeing this. then after researching Sanitarium I stumbled upon a game called Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium. Have you guys heard of/played this before? Seems it isn't very well known. Point and click horror puzzler from 2010. The artwork is beautiful:

Daina: The Herbarium

this is why I love indie gaming. those environments are amazing. love anything to do with lighthouses. just wish Dear Esther's storyline was a bit easier to follow/understand, but I digress. i'll be keeping my eye on this one.

r3n4ud

You're the dev right? I was wondering if you were planning on adding more single player options.

The demo is fantastic but I think solo players miss out on the strategy of combining certain weapons like you would if you were playing with others. I know it's focused towards co-op but being able to customize your loadout while playing solo would be useful.

I tend to agree on customizing in solo. Not sure how it's played out in coop, but I'd love if I could upgrade my character as I go along in the game.

Otherwise, I'm up to the 4th level and it's just fantastic, but hard! So far the drops are plentiful, but damn, I keep dying. Not because of the enemies, but because of my battery draining. It's stressful always keeping an eye out on my battery level lol. Guess I gotta be more aggressive to get more battery drops.

And Holly looks like a sweet little innocent girl with the red hair and cute big green eyes, but no, she's a beast!

Station42

Will the Steam version also be released tomorrow?

YES! Unless "meteorites or other natural disasters".

Fancy, I bought the Beta too because I loved the free version. Did you make any announcements about future additions? I played the Beta for a while and the concept is really, really cool, but there wasnt much variety yet.

I agree! The final version is so much bigger though: it includes a single player campaign and we x4 the content discoverable on the planet which I believe makes the puzzles much more varied. Also 22 music tracks, redesigned sounds, etc etc!

Whoah, that gun looks crazy. Are those shell casings?!

Thanks :D no actually the gun does not use shells. It's a dynamic "visualizer".

Toma

I agree! The final version is so much bigger though: it includes a single player campaign and we x4 the content discoverable on the planet which I believe makes the puzzles much more varied. Also 22 music tracks, redesigned sounds, etc etc!

Thats what I wanted to hear :)

r3n4ud

The final version is so much bigger though: it includes a single player campaign and we x4 the content discoverable on the planet which I believe makes the puzzles much more varied. Also 22 music tracks, redesigned sounds, etc etc!

You sir, have yourself another purchase :)

Fancy, I bought the Beta too because I loved the free version. Did you make any announcements about future additions? I played the Beta for a while and the concept is really, really cool, but there wasnt much variety yet.
Where can I find the free version? I didn't see a demo or anything on the official site

Toma

Where can I find the free version? I didn't see a demo or anything on the official site

It was featured in the march thread, but apparently they removed that link. You could ask the dev that just posted here whether they plan on making a free demo available at one point again.

I just realized that Assault Android Cactus is going to be on PSN as well. Yes! I was planning on deciding between that and Audiosurf 2, but now I can definitely get both.
Can't wait to see what weapons the other four characters will have

Can someone PM me the re-configuring level GIF and the four player lights out GIF so I can use them in my blog post?

Toma

I just realized that Assault Android Cactus is going to be on PSN as well. Yes! I was planning on deciding between that and Audiosurf 2, but now I can definitely get both.
Can't wait to see what weapons the other four characters will have

Can someone PM me the re-configuring level GIF and the four player lights out GIF so I can use them in my blog post?

filament.gif

floorchange.gif

Oh and btw, make sure to link back to this thread once in a while. ;)

Paz

No plans at the moment to offer customisable weapons sorry, we actually had a full customisation system in-game at the very start but it basically amounted to you finding the optimal configuration and the characters became nothing more than skins. The reason we've locked the weapons now is to encourage you to play different combinations as they have very unique play styles and it gives the characters a lot more personality, we're more in-line with Japanese arcade shmups than anything else.

It may seem like the game is very co-op focussed but I think that's more of a by-product of the crazy enemy count in multiplayer footage/gifs being more interesting. The core of the game is actually highly tuned & designed for a solo experience while multiplayer is more like a rough & tumble party game. An example of that focus is the way we design all of the encounters for the single player experience (and make sure you can S+ with each character if you play to their strengths) and then tweak it for multiplayer based on player count, not the other way around.

No plans at the moment to offer customisable weapons sorry, we actually had a full customisation system in-game at the very start but it basically amounted to you finding the optimal configuration and the characters became nothing more than skins. The reason we've locked the weapons now is to encourage you to play different combinations as they have very unique play styles and it gives the characters a lot more personality, we're more in-line with Japanese arcade shmups than anything else.

It may seem like the game is very co-op focussed but I think that's more of a by-product of the crazy enemy count in multiplayer footage/gifs being more interesting. The core of the game is actually highly tuned & designed for a solo experience while multiplayer is more like a rough & tumble party game. An example of that focus is the way we design all of the encounters for the single player experience (and make sure you can S+ with each character if you play to their strengths) and then tweak it for multiplayer based on player count, not the other way around.
I see. Well, I will say this: I decided to try it out with a gamepad. Much more enjoyable for me and I definitely see now how it is still works as a single player game.

And congrats on getting onto PS4! Since it's going to be on Vita/Cross buy, would I be able to get AAC on my PS3 as well?

Paz

We're pretty flat out with the windows/linux/mac versions this year and then with PS4/Vita/Wii U versions early next year, it would be mid next year before we could even look at it and by then we think it's just not worth the significant work that would be required.

Make no mistake additional platforms are never trivial, not just from a financial perspective but also the huge time cost, and ultimately when you're just three people you need to prioritise things. If we're lucky enough to still be around after those 6 versions are out (Not guaranteed, we're self funded and thus far have found it exceedingly difficult to get any attention with the game) I'll probably be pretty ready for something new :)

We're pretty flat out with the windows/linux/mac versions this year and then with PS4/Vita/Wii U versions early next year, it would be mid next year before we could even look at it and by then we think it's just not worth the significant work that would be required.

Make no mistake additional platforms are never trivial, not just from a financial perspective but also the huge time cost, and ultimately when you're just three people you need to prioritise things. If we're lucky enough to still be around after those 6 versions are out (Not guaranteed, we're self funded and thus far have found it exceedingly difficult to get any attention with the game) I'll probably be pretty ready for something new :)
I'm actually typing a post about the game now. To spread the word, get some attention for it.

My blog is here: http://indiegameenthusiast.blogspot.com/

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Thanks :D no actually the gun does not use shells. It's a dynamic "visualizer".

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Gonna be another night of messing with the beta til bedtime.

Icarus Proudbottom Teaches Typing

Wow, such amazing little game! I didn't thought that I could have such fun time while typing stuff and that plot twist at the end, too bad it's really short.
I know there are the survival mode, but I wanted more from the history :(
As I said the game is short I think I spent between 30~45 minutes to finish it, so if you're in doubt give it a try.

Deios

Tried it for a bit the game's visual are amazing and the customization of the weapon is a nice touch, I don't know if it's bugged or it's supposed to not have sound during the gameplay because the game seems to be glitched on purpose, also for some reason the game keeps crashing when I kill the first boss and I don't know if it's supposed to be that way. xD

Between the transitions of the gameplay parts some phrases appear regarding why we play games but I didn't get it since it's a little abstract.

They had a beta/their own early access, right? Anyone try it and have impressions?

Who am I kidding, I'm gonna get it. Might wait for the Thanksgiving/winter sale though. After this last batch that got Greenlit, I feel like I'm gonna wear my finger out buying games this holiday season.
My impressions: http://indiegameenthusiast.blogspot.com/2013/08/pc-spotlight-5-door-kickers.html

Short version, it's a great game that already has tons of tactical depth and if all their planned features are realized, it's going to be the SWAT game we've wanted since whenever the last SWAT came out

@Toma, linked you thread to my blog as a recommended link and I'll update whenever the new thread starts :)

So hopefully these threads will get more traffic/attention

What was the name of that other site that GAFfer was promoting? Had a vote of Screenshot Saturday images

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Aw! Hope you like it!

Thanks!

As for demos, we haven't one planned down, but we'd like to make some sort of in-browser companion to go with game and to give everybody a sense of the style of the game.

Hey, how's things looking for Fotonica right now? I guess since it was submitted to greenlight first it would still have to get passed through, but after the big 100 buffer cleaner did that put you guys any closer to getting it on?

klinkcow

Neo Member
artworks-000056883111-dbjne0-t200x200.jpg

Just a heads up, the new MetaVendetta episode is go! -

The Swapper
Outer Wilds
6180 the Moon
Eleven
Super Space _____
Halo

If the theme wasn't too 'on the nose', it's the second half of our 2-part series on SPAAAACE!

Direct Link
Soundcloud

Top Bottom