• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial Tales of Symphonia Sales in my Store = Good

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
We only had a whopping 2 reservations for Tales of Symphonia, however we got 8 in store today..
HOWEVER, we now only have 2 LEFT!

This is far better then anyone expecting in our store, and consider our cube sales suck most of the time, this may be a good sign for RPG gamers..

Keep in mind we only sold around 14 FF:CC the week of release...

BRING THE OTHERS OVER NAMCO!!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
efralope said:
is your store going to order more, or is it basically sale what you have?

We will likely get 12 or more sent this week, probably second day

Initital Shipment Based on Reservations
Second Shipment Based on how quickly it sold

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
my store got 8 copies in all sold out within the first few hours.(including the one i purchased)

Alcibiades

at work Monday and Tues. there were a ton of pre-order cards left (Best Buy), so I think our pre-order numbers were probably really low, I should have checked how many we were going to receive...

Suikoguy

sp0rsk said:
my store got 8 copies in all sold out within the first few hours.(including the one i purchased)

Wow, even better then our store!

well, jeeze, Namco has got to be stupid to not bring out Tales of Symponia in SOME form

siege

Banned
My EB got in 70 copies and there are none left! This game is going to be a hot seller I think.

Gamecube system sales will likely double.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
efralope said:
at work Monday and Tues. there were a ton of pre-order cards left (Best Buy), so I think our pre-order numbers were probably really low, I should have checked how many we were going to receive...

Do people actually preorder games at Best Buy? I've never heard anyone here actually preordering a game at Best Buy ever

Hero

efralope said:

The BB pre-order cards are shit. Nobody uses them.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
we sold four in the about four hours I was there. We had an additional one picked up (reserved)

Mashing

The first place I went to was sold out (eb), but the 2nd place I went to had copies (gamestop)... but they weren't on the shelf yet, so I don't know how many copies they had. I'm just glad I got my copy today.

At the gamestop i work at we got about 10 copies 2 were reserves. All of them sold yesterday. So i'd say i'm quite suprised b/c i usually was the only one in my area picking up the RPGs when they are released

B.K.

I got a copy today and had a hard time finding it. I went to a EB and Gamestop and they were both sold out. I went to a Sam Goody and they only had one or two copies left.

Vandiger

Eh I bought one at best buy, had a stack of say 10 or so. Damn them for not having a 6800GT, I wouldve bought one if they had one of those there :p

We got a corporate E-Mail today, that said "Tales of Symphonia is turning out to be a seller. More shipments will arrive to stores Friday morning via UPS."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The gamestop.com product availability search says that 4 Gamestops in a 10 mile radius have 1-3 copies for two stores, and 4+ copies for the other two stores

But then again, I live in San Jose, and Namco is based in San Jose...

Culex

Banned
I bet Namco figured the game was going to sell poorly and didn't ship enough. Now they're running around trying to meet demand because of that dumb oversight.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, seems positive so far. And if it does wind up being a seller, good on Namco.

We need more Tales loving, and if they can make one sell well on the Cube, I think that will bode well for future localizations, regardless of system.

At least I can hope.

Stele

Holds a little red book
Culex said:
I bet Namco figured the game was going to sell poorly and didn't ship enough. Now they're running around trying to meet demand because of that dumb oversight.
They ship however many is ordered.

Hellraizah

We had 12 pre-orders on it. We got 12.

I lost a lot of sales because of this. It seems, from what I know, that Namco has under-delivered on that title.

Suikoguy

Hellraizah said:
We had 12 pre-orders on it. We got 12.

I lost a lot of sales because of this. It seems, from what I know, that Namco has under-delivered on that title.

Well, there are 2 ways of looking at it

A.) EB/Gamestops did not order enough
B.) Namco shipped what they expected it to sell, and it exceeded the expectations.

I really hope B, cause they most certainly means they will reconsider bringing other rpgs over.

B.K.

Culex said:

You can't really blame them for that. They were probably expecting it to sell as poorly as Tales of Eternia did when they released it in America.

Soul4ger

Mejilan said:
We need more Tales loving, and if they can make one sell well on the Cube, I think that will bode well for future localizations, regardless of system.

Not necessarily. GC is in need of a good RPG, and ToS meets that demand. Namco could really build a name for the franchise on the GC (and the Xbox, if it so chose), but the PS2 has a glut of them. If Symphonia does exceed expectations, they'd be dumb not to port rebirth to GC, and bring Phantasia out on GBA.

Suikoguy

Soul4ger said:
Not necessarily. GC is in need of a good RPG, and ToS meets that demand. Namco could really build a name for the franchise on the GC (and the Xbox, if it so chose), but the PS2 has a glut of them. If Symphonia does exceed expectations, they'd be dumb not to port rebirth to GC, and bring Phantasia out on GBA.

Well, considering that the code has already been ported to the PS2 for TOS, there is no reason not to bring it out here when the translation and voice acting is done.
While it seems like the ps2 has a ton of RPGs, there has been far less so far then the PSX had, and I get questions all the time at work asking if there have been "Any new RPGs" While one case /= fact, its certainly an indication. Star Ocean 3 comes out this year, but i'm at a loss, other then the tactical masterpieces, of any other rpgs this year for ps2 :(

Secondly, Phantasia on the GBA, not in the USA IS LAME!! for god sakes, PASSING IT UP 3 TIMES... GRRRRR

Soul4ger

Suikoguy said:
Well, considering that the code has already been ported to the PS2 for TOS, there is no reason not to bring it out here when the translation and voice acting is done.
While it seems like the ps2 has a ton of RPGs, there has been far less so far then the PSX had, and I get questions all the time at work asking if there have been "Any new RPGs" While one case /= fact, its certainly an indication. Star Ocean 3 comes out this year, but i'm at a loss, other then the tactical masterpieces, of any other rpgs this year for ps2 :(

Secondly, Phantasia on the GBA, not in the USA IS LAME!! for god sakes, PASSING IT UP 3 TIMES... GRRRRR

There's Shin Megami Tensei III, Digital Devil Saga, Phantom Brave, Growlanser, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Suikoden IV, Wild Arms: Alter Code F, all before the end of this year. That's what I can think off the top of my head, I'm not sure if that's the entire line-up, so... There's definitely more than a few.

Top Bottom