• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

bubumiao

I know people rave about fight sticks, but are they really that much better than controllers? Like, what are the advantages of them? Kind of want to get into fighting games more (though it's a bit late in my life, I'm like 26, all downhill from here) and am thinking about making the investment.
Ketchup and Mustard brought up this point on stream that if you're playing with a stick it'll be easier to hold down Brainiac's trait to delay it coming out. So for things like that having a stick might give you an advantage, but I think a stick isn't absolutely necessary for this game. Try it and see how you like it. 26 is pretty young and definitely not too late to start getting into fighting games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just tried my 360 arcade stick and it doesn't work. Sadness. Is there any way to use an adapter for it? It was a very expensive stick.

bubumiao

Just tried my 360 arcade stick and it doesn't work. Sadness. Is there any way to use an adapter for it? It was a very expensive stick.
Go to eBay and search for Brooks converter. Get the lime green one for Xbox 360.

I got mine from Hong Kong in about a week for $40 shipped. Lemme look real quick for the seller's name.

Seller is "whatsapp2012"

I thought you were playing on PS4 (if so get the one I mentioned). If you're playing on Xbox one you'll need to find a converter for it.

Hex

Banned
I am surprised I am not seeing more Swamp Things.
He is alot of fun.

Swamp Thing
Scarecrow
Poison Ivy

My current holy trio

Anyone playing the mobile game? I've been playing it since it came out since I can't afford the real thing.
I'm not sure if I like it or not.
Does it unlock anything in the main game?

I am surprised I am not seeing more Swamp Things.
He is alot of fun.

Swamp Thing
Scarecrow
Poison Ivy

My current holy trio

He currently has the "worst character in the game" stigma attached to him for some reason. I find him fun as fuck and think he's a lot better then what people are saying.

His normals are pretty slow and he has huge gaps in almost all his strings but I think despite that he's good.

bubumiao

He currently has the "worst character in the game" stigma attached to him for some reason. I find him fun as fuck and think he's a lot better then what people are saying.

His normals are pretty slow and he has huge gaps in almost all his strings but I think despite that he's good.
Once people have more time with the game they'll change their minds about that. He's got tons of options in my opinion. He's one of my mains.

Slixshot

Banned
Alright friends. I love me some D.C. Superheroes. I really enjoy street fight despite not playing it often. What are the chances I like this? I have never played a nether realm fighting game but I have heard they are not as snappy as something like street fighter.

Hex

Banned
Once people have more time with the game they'll change their minds about that. He's got tons of options in my opinion. He's one of my mains.

Agreed.
I think he has this stigma about being easy to keep out, but he has the tools to work around it.
I need to get better with the vine throw, changing the ranges.

benzopil

Fuck Deadshot in the Multiverse. Such a stupid character and you have to fight his imbalanced version to get Harley's gear. Thank god this ended. If I didn't main her I would drop this garbage fight.

I was mostly just wondering what the advantages are in general for sticks. Though one thing that comes to mind is that they probably get a lot less sweaty than a controller.

It's never too late i think some pro players started at your age or older.

Ketchup and Mustard brought up this point on stream that if you're playing with a stick it'll be easier to hold down Brainiac's trait to delay it coming out. So for things like that having a stick might give you an advantage, but I think a stick isn't absolutely necessary for this game. Try it and see how you like it. 26 is pretty young and definitely not too late to start getting into fighting games.
I guess I just pay too much heed to stuff like professional LoL where the pros hit 20 odd and suddenly people say they're too old. I figured fighting games would be worse for that.

Alright friends. I love me some D.C. Superheroes. I really enjoy street fight despite not playing it often. What are the chances I like this? I have never played a nether realm fighting game but I have heard they are not as snappy as something like street fighter.
If you're not a huge enthusiast of specific fighting games you'll probably love it. Tons of single player content, relatively easy to pick up, really good learning tools in game, and the ability to play it as a fighting game manager and let the AI grind for you.

Nero18

These games end up entertaining beyond just the core fighting, I was sorta in the same situation as you when I picked up the first Injustice game, ended up loving it but it also became a gateway to other fighting games. I would say go for it. It will definitely feel slower at first but you will get used to it.

Razmos

Anyone got any suggested focuses for an AI Cheetah/Vixen? (Grappling, combo, ect)

I currently have her at Rushdown 30, Combo 15 and Grappling 15

Oh man, Deadshot leveled up so quickly in single fight. Each match only lasted an average of 8 seconds. I had already leveled up a few other characters using that method, but none went as quickly as his.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I guess I'll get serious about learning the game/characters in a week or so when I have that adapter. Fuckin M$.

Anyway, it's neat seeing all the combos of the characters watching your AI fighter. I was playing Grren Lantern all wrong last night.

Slixshot

Banned
If you're not a huge enthusiast of specific fighting games you'll probably love it. Tons of single player content, relatively easy to pick up, really good learning tools in game, and the ability to play it as a fighting game manager and let the AI grind for you.

These games end up entertaining beyond just the core fighting, I was sorta in the same situation as you when I picked up the first Injustice game, ended up loving it but it also became a gateway to other fighting games. I would say go for it. It will definitely feel slower at first but you will get used to it.

Thanks for the responses... I've been really thinking about it. Finger on the trigger. Just have to pull it now.

dcelw540

I did a competition with 20 of my friends at my buddies house. We all put 10 dollars in. I won and came home with a $100. Anyone else main Wonder woman? She is too good!

sinkfla87

How does top level players over coming lower level players invalidate Deadshot being over powered?

Have you not watched the same tournament I have? I've seen several unknown players beat more known and more accomplished players who used deadshot. He's good, but he's not as op as everyone says he is. There are plenty of tools to get around him. Bane is scary as fuck though lol.

Fuck Robín and his fucking freaking dash.
Also, dear Lord, Scarecrow has some pretty sick outfits. I've seen a few that were really Bloodborne-ish

Top Bottom