• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Godcannon

That Flash special tho.
off the T-Rex!!!!! LOVE IT

Also, the facial expressions my god.

Great game. Glad I picked it up yesterday, already halfway through the main story.

LiK

I hate Brother Eye's voice and I don't like that they made him the announcer. wish there were announcer packs.

I'm already fed up with this game's loot box shit. I have only 80 pieces of gear for Supergirl, the character I've played almost exclusively for dozens of hours. I have only unlocked one color shader for her.

So I started looking at buying colors, but it's 4k source crystals for one color. After all of my playtime, I've got a little over 8k, so I could get two colors. it's 20 bucks for 50k source crystals, which would get me 12 colors. lololol.

I don't even care about the gear since all of what I'm getting looks so similar.

And how I know they know this is bullshit? They put in copious amounts of ways for me not to play the game and still unlock stuff.

I'm digging the gameplay, but this RNG bs is awful.
This. The RNG shit is killing the game for me.

Skilletor

... its been a week. Do you really expect to have all the shit unlocked already?

The motto for the game shouldn't be, "Every fight defines you."

It should be, "Every fight defines a character you aren't using."

I don't want everything unlocked. I want shit unlocked for the character I'm using.

Did you unlock all the customes for your favorite overwatch character in 1 week ?

From what I know of lootboxes, I'd have the same complaints if I played overwatch so...Don't get your point?

I'm already fed up with this game's loot box shit. I have only 80 pieces of gear for Supergirl, the character I've played almost exclusively for dozens of hours. I have only unlocked one color shader for her.

So I started looking at buying colors, but it's 4k source crystals for one color. After all of my playtime, I've got a little over 8k, so I could get two colors. it's 20 bucks for 50k source crystals, which would get me 12 colors. lololol.

I don't even care about the gear since all of what I'm getting looks so similar.

And how I know they know this is bullshit? They put in copious amounts of ways for me not to play the game and still unlock stuff.

I'm digging the gameplay, but this RNG bs is awful.

Trying to unlock supergirl's skirt....

ppoj8eizjv3iojm0imyv.gif

I'll be honest, I had a awesome looking Epic Supergirl skirt by Day 2.

Now if I can just get a Wonder Woman top that doesn't cover up half of her ass...
I hate Brother Eye's voice and I don't like that they made him the announcer. wish there were announcer packs.
It'd be AWESOME if the announcer packs could have their own unique personality, like how May's announcer pack in Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator can't say Elphelt's name properly.

Something like Captain Cold saying "The best character" when you pick him.

Interested in picking this up. Does it play more like Injustice 1 or MKX? I thought IJ1 was pretty stiff but MKX was phenomenal. I'm pretty casual when it comes to fighting games.

So how you unlock costumes and stuff..? And can you use them online without them adding stats and stuff. Like in ranked and private matches? I'm only unlocking gear and stuff with people I dont use. havent touched single player yet. Will soon though.

Interested in picking this up. Does it play more like Injustice 1 or MKX? I thought IJ1 was pretty stiff but MKX was phenomenal. I'm pretty casual when it comes to fighting games.

It plays like a more souped up version of IJ1. It FEELS faster to me but I might be off.

There are certainly more mobility and escape options for the whole cast.

Skilletor

So how you unlock costumes and stuff..? And can you use them online without them adding stats and stuff. Like in ranked and private matches? I'm only unlocking gear and stuff with people I dont use. havent touched single player yet. Will soon though.

This is another thing that's messing with my experience.

Yes, it is possible to go online without costumes stats. Ranked turns them off by default. Player matches do not; both players must agree to it.

Player matches is my preferred way of playing since you can run into lots of different people and characters and rematch them if you want. Unfortunately in this game, people don't seem to want to turn off their gear. It might be something that becomes more common in player matches as I rank up, but right now, as I'm just trying to learn the game, it's very annoying to not have this method available to me without running into people with uber epic gear just wrecking my shit with super strength and defense buffs.

I hope they can add an option to search player matches without gear stats.

Tidalwave

This gear system if anything is driving me away from the game. So many hours in already and nothing to show for it. Superman has a chin strap. Robin now has no hood. Both level 20. Wtf. :(

Scotia

Banned
I really hope NRS adds an option to buy abilities with source crystals because waiting for the million in one chance for a specific ability for a specific character to drop randomly is annoying the hell out of me.

Q8D3vil

I'm getting way more shit than any other game that have lootboxes, some of it is trash but some of it look cool.
I agree that they should add a way to purchase specific piece of gear using the ingame currency you get from selling the gear you dont want.

I really hope they do some OW like future events that have their own multiverse and loot boxes.

Hasney

This gear system if anything is driving me away from the game. So many hours in already and nothing to show for it. Superman has a chin strap. Robin now has no hood. Both level 20. Wtf. :(

Why do you think they made the source crystals the microtransactions? So much ugly gear that needs transforming.

I really hope they do some OW like future events that have their own multiverse and loot boxes.
They're definitely going to do themed events.

There was a "7 things you need to know about gear" video by Playstation Access and Derrick confirmed that.

Don't think they'll have their own loot boxes but maybe they'll have their own multiverses and add skins/gear to the game.

This is another thing that's messing with my experience.

Yes, it is possible to go online without costumes stats. Ranked turns them off by default. Player matches do not; both players must agree to it.

Player matches is my preferred way of playing since you can run into lots of different people and characters and rematch them if you want. Unfortunately in this game, people don't seem to want to turn off their gear. It might be something that becomes more common in player matches as I rank up, but right now, as I'm just trying to learn the game, it's very annoying to not have this method available to me without running into people with uber epic gear just wrecking my shit with super strength and defense buffs.

I hope they can add an option to search player matches without gear stats.

Hmm well thats good to me atleast. I did do a KOTH where people were using gear but I dont think they were strong enough as I went 6-0 until the game froze or something. I plan on sticking with ranked and private friend KOTH/Matches. Thanks though

Tidalwave

Why do you think they made the source crystals the microtransactions? So much ugly gear that needs transforming.
Superman has nothing but capes to change what he looks like. It's incredibly dissapointing. All of his armors, legs, ect are just different lines and bumps on the same skin tight suit. You can hardly tell they've changed. So even with the transform system he fails to look better. Robin though...ehh..he can look like nightwing I guess?

Do Better

You earn loot crates and sometimes pieces of gear for completing various tasks like multiverse mode. You can spend source crystals on unlocking colors.

Yes and ranked online matches automatically turns off the gear stats. The other modes require both players to agree.

Hasney

i'm glad Bruce shares my thoughts on Damian Wayne

Damian Wayne is just the worst and even makes him fucking Nightwing even if it is an alternate universe fuckwad. Makes Nightwing less cool.

Honestly, shame they didn't make one of the original battle modes canon and have him as part of Sinestro

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I've come across way worse RNG systems than this so I don't mind that aspect of it too much. There just needs to be a bigger variety of gear in the game because so much of it looks the same even with the Epics. If everyone had the same variety as Batman, there wouldn't be any complaints.

The one good thing about Jay Garrick being a premium skin is that just because a character has gear named after a particular character, they can still be Premium Skins.

So Malcolm Merlyn can actually be a premium skin for Green Arrow.

Ryce

My issue isn't necessarily with the number of gear pieces per character (clearly a lot of work went into the gear system) -- it's with the specific gear pieces they chose to include. Why can't I uncover Bane's arms, give Doctor Fate gloves, give Aquaman a shirt, give Captain Cold a hood, or remove Poison Ivy's dumb neck leaf?

No but I don't want to unlock stuff for characters I don't give a shit about.

I played Overwatch. Blizzard can fuck off too.
Supposedly there is an option in the menus that limits what gear you get to the character you're playing as.

I haven't done it yet, but a person a few pages back mentioned what it's called in the options menu.

Hasney

Supposedly there is an option in the menus that limits what gear you get to the character you're playing as.

I haven't done it yet, but a person a few pages back mentioned what it's called in the options menu.

That is only for the post match gear though, not the boxes. And it's not 100% of gear still even then.

Skilletor

The option is character bias: it just makes sure you get more gear for the character you're playing, not gear exclusively for the character you're playing.

LiK

Oof so many tips videos for this game were made for complete fighting noobs. Hell, one guy was just going through the tutorial mode, lol

Guess it might take another week for people to come up with better tips for the game.

Top Bottom