• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interesting Icons on TechTV right now: History of DoA

Mrbob

Still going on, but one thing I didn't know I found very interesting:

When Dead or Alive came out, Tecmo was in big financial trouble and the game saved the company. That is part of the reason for the title: Dead or Alive

Almost reminiscent to with Square and Final Fantasy in a way. Oh, and Itagaki says he got no programming help from Yu Suzuki or AM2 at all!

aoi tsuki

Mrbob said:
Almost reminiscent to with Square and Final Fantasy in a way. Oh, and Itagaki says he got no programming help from Yu Suzuki or AM2 at all!
Huh? i swear i remember reading somewhere, SaturnWorld (*weep*) perhaps, that Team NINJA either had a couple of ex-AM2 employees or worked with them. Either way, Saturn DoA turned out great, as did the DoA++ in different ways. It was the game that forever etched Team NINJA into my brain in the "programming gods" category, along with AM2.

Mrbob

I dunno. I think he was talking about the arcade version.

Hey Eggo come in here for a second! From this show it sounds like Team Ninja is secluded from the rest of Tecmo. Do the other teams ever interact with Team Ninja at all?

Mrbob

Interesting.

Itagaki states in this show that Code Chronus takes place before Dead or Alive 1. Also said Dead or Alive 4 is coming out on the next Xbox (SHOCKER!).

Top Bottom