• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing Neverness to Everness, a New UE5 Supernatural Urban Open-World RPG

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
1500x500

Developer Hotta Studio (Tower of Fantasy) has just announced that urban open-world RPG, Neverness to Everness is available to pre-register now and the gameplay has also been revealed. It will be released on consoles, mobile and PC. The game was made using the Unreal Engine 5. Not much is known about the game but what we do know is that the reveal trailer is out as well. Check out the trailers below.

The combat playstyle is reminiscent of Zenless Zone Zero where you’re locked in an enclosed area until you defeat all enemies on the field.

You can even drive around in the city and gameplay shows that you can even customize parts of the car. This is akin to a breath of fresh air as you can explore the city in Neverness to Everness while cruising around similarly to GTA.

This is definitely a break away from other open world gacha game giants like Genshin Impact and Wuthering Waves. While both games do offer fast travelling as a way to get around, exploring the surrounding areas take time as there is no mount system.

As mentioned, you can pre-register for Neverness to Everness today if the gameplay has piqued your interest. Even though there is no known date on when we’ll get to know more about the game, the end of the reveal trailer indicates that there is going to be something happening on September 2024.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
More waifus for me to collect????
701aa-16939831940849-1920.jpg

Please follow traffic rules had me chuckling.

But seriously this looks good........like damn good.
GTA x Genshin impact?
As long as F2P path is truly viable im in.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

More details via Gematsu:

Developed using Unreal Engine 5 and boasting cutting-edge NVIDIA DLSS rendering and ray tracing technology, the game promises an immersive, high-quality gaming experience. Neverness to Everness will be available across various platforms including consoles, PCs, and mobile devices.

In addition to the announcement, Hotta Studio has also released the game’s debut announcement and gameplay trailer. Players can catch a first glimpse of what awaits in the world of “Neverness to Everness” by watching the trailer.

Neverness to Everness (NTE) unfolds in a unique world where the ordinary and extraordinary coexist – a city teeming with anomalies and humans alike. As players, you will make a grand entrance into this city, employing your extraordinary Esper abilities to navigate and tackle the unexpected anomalies that await. NTE also offers a variety of lifestyles for the players to choose from: modify sports cars, manage businesses, etc., and experience a vibrant urban life in the way you like.

■ A World Where Humans Coexist with Anomalies

Set within the expansive supernatural metropolis of Hethereau, brimming with wonders, anomaly sightings are reported daily. Like skateboards covered in graffiti running amok at midnight or an otter with a television head… In Hethereau, the extraordinary is the ordinary. Players can also meet partners and friends with various Esper abilities and team up with characters to help solve upcoming crises and gradually fit into the everyday life of this new city.

■ Daily Life, Cars, and Houses are All Part of The Plan

Besides the main storyline, an in-depth urban life also offers players much to see, like buying sports cars, modifying cars in the way they like, and racing through Hethereau’s rainy nights; or buying a house and designing it freely. More urban-related in-game content awaits players to discover.

■ A Stunning Supernatural City powered by Unreal Engine 5

To deliver a truly realistic urban experience, NTE utilizes the power of Unreal Engine 5 to construct its detailed cityscape. The game employs the Nanite Virtualized Geometry systems to significantly elevate the realism of each scene.

Every corner of the city, from antique shops to convenience stores, is meticulously crafted and brimming with detail. The rich assortment of decorations and furniture breathes life into every scene, making the city feel alive and bustling.

As players step onto the streets and gaze upon the city blocks, the eerie interplay of light and shadows between skyscrapers instills a sense of mystery, enhancing the overall ambiance of the city. An atmosphere unique to the city of Hethereau.

I’ll wait to see more from the game before making a judgment call.

It does look stylish but what worries me is their insistence on pointing out a UE5 city over other aspects.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Grand Theft Waifu.

Looks ok, but easy pass for me.

Project Mugen looks cooler.
Yeah, I'm more excited about Project Mugen, tbh. I mean this looks okay, but I'm not sold on the Ghostwire x GTA x Genshin just yet, especially since it's coming from the Tower of Fantasy devs. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Also, it's an UE5 game using nanite so let's see how it runs on console first.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
These gatcha games are the new mobas/battle royale trend that the bored people follow. When mobas where trending we had like a lot of those and 90% of them died. When BR games were trending 90% of them died. Now we have these games and 90% of them will be dead as well.

sigmaZ

1500x500

Oh, wow. A new Chinese psy-op gatcha game nice looking game from a Chinese studio.

Trash GIF

The Chinese are quickly catching up to Japan when it comes to stupid game titles.

What Chinese psy op? Are you implying that the devs, Hotta Studio, have ties to the CCP? Or what the fuck are you even about?
It's not that unlikely. Most private companies in China host CCP liaison units. Once you have a certain number of employees who are party members creation of a unit is even required, IIRC. Over half of college graduates in China apply for party membership, so it's extremely likely that Hotta are above that threshold. And if they aren't, their parent company Perfect World definitely is.

Exentryk

Looks absolutely amazing and with fun combat too! It looks so similar to Genshin Impact, it's hard to believe that this game is not from the same studio?!

Shame it is a gacha, otherwise I'd play it on PC.

Felessan

These gatcha games are the new mobas/battle royale trend that the bored people follow.
Gacha games here already for 12 years and still alive and beating

Looks cool... but, um... isn't it too much for one year maybe? So many F2P gacha games....
It's just global got some exposure of these games
There are huge market for these games and market now shifting from old style gacha mobile-only, often Asia-only games (it's huge but barely visible to old-school SP western gamers market) to multiplatform global release games, where everyone knows about like of Genshin.
If games like arknight could earn 500 mil, they can fund 200 mil for their "step-up" game that can invade classic game space and probably earn even more than previous game

These gatcha games are the new mobas/battle royale trend that the bored people follow. When mobas where trending we had like a lot of those and 90% of them died. When BR games were trending 90% of them died. Now we have these games and 90% of them will be dead as well.
It’s not the same. BR needs a playerbase to live.

Most big Gacha releases have been story-based games with narrative DLC expansions and new characters that release over years.

I have played to the story ending of Gachas without spending a dime. The main fault most of them have is that they will rely far too heavily on cute/stylish character personalities when they create their stories. It makes for a much weaker narrative than actual JRPGs, as I never come away from them thinking how great their story was

Once the latter starts improving it will benefit Gachas as a whole.

Doom85

shocked jurassic park GIF
Way To Go Applause GIF by DraftKings

I am digging the horror/supernatural angle. I remember how unique the A Foxian Tale event was for Honkai Star Rail, honestly we could use more RPGs going for a supernatural/horror theme. Definitely got my eyes peeled on this one.

Man, Project Mugen better not take too long at this rate, the competition ain’t slowing down.

Aenima

Just saw the trailer for this today. Im loving that more urban style F2P RPGs are coming out. Looking forward to this one and Project Mugen as well. And glad to see Playstation is not sleeping on this games. Digging the Sillent Hill / Horror, vibes with the word changing in real time. Coming from the Tower of Fantasy devs makes me less excited, but ill give it a try.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

I swear, anime is just a boilerplate art style. Easy to draw, easy to make, low effort and shit stories.
I love the art direction in these games but the mainstream anime art style tirns me off so much, especially when it is mostly childlike characters with top notch combat skills with adult intelligence. The style seems more and more derivative as the years go by.

Pejo

I mentioned this already in the boobs thread, but DO NOT play a Hotta developed game. They are backed by Tencent and are utterly incompetent at game balance and do the absolute worst, most aggressive types of monetization out there.

To put this into perspective, their other major game - Tower of Fantasy - Got so fucked powercreep wise, that they went back and remade the game in a "revival" server, which also immediately got powercrept.

On top of it all, it didn't respect or transfer any of your purchases, including cosmetics. And these guys push cosmetics and FOMO HARD.

If you have self respect, stay away from these devs and this (or any future) game.

Top Bottom