• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact studio's new action RPG Zenless Zone Zero officially confirmed to be a PlayStation console exclusive

edit: still have to play Scarlet Nexus, is it good?
I got the plat (which is pretty easy to get) and thought it was a lot of fun. Story is great and interesting with some nice twist. Only thing I don't like is that their is a clear order in which way the game should be played and they give you the option to do the girl or boys story first. When it really should be the boys story first then the girl.

graywolf323

Jay Ong was hired by Marvel in May 2014 and he was the guy Marvel wanted to find a publisher for the game that eventually went to Sony.

"Hired as Marvel's vice president of games in May 2014, Jay Ong's first challenge was to discover why Marvel's box office success hadn't translated to games."

"Being from console first-party in my past, I pinged both sides, both Xbox and PlayStation, and said, "We don't have any big console deals with anyone right now. What would you like to do?" Microsoft's strategy was to focus on their own IP. They passed."
-The Ultimate History of Video Games, Volume 2

Phil Spencer was promoted to head of Xbox in March 2014.

"Microsoft has announced Phil Spencer is the new Head of Xbox, taking over from the recently departed Marc Whitten, who served as Xbox corporate VP."
-March 31, 2014.

So we don't know exactly when Jay Ong went to Microsoft, but Phil Spencer was definitely running Xbox.
psshhhh, who cares about facts? it’s still Mattrick’s fault (somehow)

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
A while ago they said they would be releasing Genshin Impact on the Switch, but they never did. It seems they are unable to port it due to technical reasons. That said, I do expect all three games from the Hoyoverse devs (e.g. Genshin, Star Rail and Zoneless Zone Zero) to make their way to Nintendo Switch 2.
Genshin is a launch window game.

Top Bottom