• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 6 |OT| New Maps? googy pls

golem

I actually like this better. In Google Maps in iOS 5 I felt that the screen would get cluttered and sometimes hard to read. Just me though.

Yep same here.. especially after they added traffic from streets not just freeways, its just too cluttered with all the colors everywhere

I'm getting a lot of bugs (granted my i4 is an old piece of shit).

The App Store servers are probably getting hard but DL speeds are slow and glitchy.

Also my sound isn't working.

Ummm...okay so I lost all my contacts+messages on my 4S when I upgraded my OS through wifi. Did this happen to anyone else here?

Whats the best approach at retrieving this (i don't have iCloud setup yet)? I'm afraid to sync my phone or else its going to sync my deleted contacts.

Do i just restore from backup?

EDIT: nvm. got it

X-Frame

For iMessage, since it's all unified, what is the "best" option for sending new messages -- your Phone # or an email?

Right now I have it as my Phone # for my Mac, iPhone, and iPad -- but I am wondering if my email would be a better choice. Or does it not really make a difference?

I have no idea how passbook works. I consider myself moderately tech savvy. I can seeing it being completely unused by the average joe because it's not even remotely obvious what you're supposed to do with it.

Haven't figured this out yet either. I went to the app store and downloaded the Target app. And now what?

It says "Passbook is the simplest way to get all your passes in one place." They should add a "so good luck!" after that.

DarkJC

Man that's confusing. I went to make a store card and there's a hundred questions for things I don't know! I just want to enter a barcode number! And no way to preview it. It also created a weird blocky pixel style code and not a barcode. I need a traditional barcode.

It's really not designed for you to be making your own passes, the company offering passes needs infrastructure on their end to handle them (i.e. the right bar code scanners).

Haven't figured this out yet either. I went to the app store and downloaded the Target app. And now what?

It says "Passbook is the simplest way to get all your passes in one place." They should add a "so good luck!" after that.

Get target app. Set store in app. Click "my target". Scroll down. Big button that says "add to passbook".

Implementation is poor so far.

Kareha

Just finished the install of iOS 6 on my iPod Touch 4g and it feels a lot faster than iOS 5 ever did. Browsing the web in Safari is quicker and I'm not getting any keyboard lag.

Weenerz

Banned
My ipad and iphone were on ios6 beta, did they automatically get upgraded? Updating through the phone says they are up to date.

My ipad and iphone were on ios6 beta, did they automatically get upgraded? Updating through the phone says they are up to date.

No. You need to download ios6 gm file then put your phone in restore mode DFU and load it. Then you can restore your files (MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR PHONE FIRST)

kehs

Banned
There isn't one.

The idea is, you wouldn't really use your iPad like that.

spike_lee_ipad_2_president_obama.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
There isn't one.

The idea is, you wouldn't really use your iPad like that.

the hell???

I have a 4G/wifi iPad >_>

Google stuck NFC/Google Wallet on the Nexus 7 so what gives?

gipped.

my extremely expensive ipad case has slots for credit cards.

Top Bottom