• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming December 2015 | F2P is frightful, but the sales are so delightful

Pachimari

When is the January thread going up?

Yesterday, I found myself buying Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy V, Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest V and The World Ends With You.

iOS Gaming January 2016 | Crashlanding into our 2016 backlog

iOS Gaming January 2016 | The 2016 backlog is coming

iOS Gaming January 2016 | Avoiding F2P as much as Apple avoids taxes

awp69

I'll repeat my two ideas for good measure:

iOS Gaming January 2016 | OT | New Year's: Resolve to Play More iOS Games

iOS Gaming January 2016 | OT | New Year's: Resolve to Trim Your Backlog

Picked up Whispering Willows and Blown Away, the latter following Frost's glowing impressions. Both are really good.

Whispering Willows is kind of an interesting mix of point and click adventures in a Meteroidvania style side-scrolling format. Clever use of a supernatural buddy to help you along. My only issue is that while I like the Meteroidvania exploration, it is pretty confusing with doors in the background often being a way to get to new areas and no map. I can see myself doing a lot of unnecessary backtracking (yeah, I could do the pen and paper old school way but I'm too lazy ;) ).

Blown Away's teleportation mechanic in an auto runner starts out easy but gets pretty tricky. As with Whispering Willows, it's very polished with some nice artwork. Enjoying it quite a bit.

iOS Gaming January 2016 | OT | New Year's Retina Resolution
iOS Gaming January 2016 | OT | Should old acquaintance be forgot?
iOS Gaming January 2016 | OT | Here's to thee, old Apple tree

Matt Frost

Blown Away's teleportation mechanic in an auto runner starts out easy but gets pretty tricky.

Get further in, after some upgrades... then the game will shine in all its glory like a sun. No, not that much, but I am having a lot of fun moments with it. Is growing and growing in me, getting to the line where it challenges both BADLAND 2 and Bit.Trip Runner 2, both my favorites auto-runners of all time (Worm Run is an endless auto-runner, doenst count). 3$ for a game of that quality, NO IAP or shenanigans, awesome level design and all the tiny attention for details, is nothing. Indie love.

SeanR1221

Any best of list for 2015? I pretty much only played pacman 256 and you must build a boat

Got a 25.00 gift card from someone for Christmas and grabbed Laura croft go and downwell

Thanks for the thread link. I've been ignoring my iPad lately but have a bunch of flights in January.

Just picked up Doorkickers, Space Age, Agent A, Air Attack 2, and the GOs.

colinp

Banned
Acquaintance and applications have a similar number of syllables while apps and in-app-purchases have too few and too many, respectively. Keep the full applications if that's the title!

Top Bottom