• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming February 2016 | Crashlands Bandicoot

awp69

Idk, seems kind of simple. After Bug Heroes and Block Fortress and Phantom Rift, a runner doesn't exactly get me excited. Hopefully their next game is more interesting

Since it's F2P, I figure I'll at least give it a shot. It looks pretty slick so I'm curious as to what they bring to the table gameplay wise.

Pachimari

What happened to that Micro Machines game? Is it still only soft launched?

Just bought Captain Cowboy and Wayward Souls. I feel like I'm in for a treat.

Ah, if you've linked a Game Center account to Kabam's account you're going to have to contact Kabam Support to unlink the account before you can re-do it.That or use a different Game Center account.

One can have two accounts at once if you don't link GC to Kabam (can change which one is logged in in the settings).
This sounds way too complicated.

PittaGAF

I have not doubt it will eventually come on the AppStore, but I wish the just announced LEGO STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS will be out on iOS together with all other platforms in June...

killercow

I have not doubt it will eventually come on the AppStore, but I wish the just announced LEGO STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS will be out on iOS together with all other platforms in June...

I agree but I want the iOS version to be more like Lego Star Wars. The real deal, not the watered-down portable versions. Let's hope that's the one who'll get ported.

PittaGAF

I agree but I want the iOS version to be more like Lego Star Wars. The real deal, not the watered-down portable versions. Let's hope that's the one who'll get ported.

I ask because I really do not know....isn't the actual Lego Star Wars (complete saga) in the AppStore complete?
What is it missing?

Asking for a friend :p

heringer

Had no idea 9th Dawn 2 was coming. It's out on android already but it keeps getting rejected on iOS apparently because of an issue with iOS 9.

I ask because I really do not know....isn't the actual Lego Star Wars (complete saga) in the AppStore complete?
What is it missing?

Asking for a friend :p

LEGO Star Wars is complete and it's the console version. The other LEGO games are ports from handhelds.

PittaGAF

LEGO Star Wars is complete and it's the console version. The other LEGO games are ports from handhelds.

Ah ok thanks!
Looking forward to it!
I have also Harry Potter...isn't it complete too?
Hobbit and LOTR I've played on 360 so didn't check properly on iOS.

heringer

Ah ok thanks!
Looking forward to it!
I have also Harry Potter...isn't it complete too?
Hobbit and LOTR I've played on 360 so didn't check properly on iOS.

Harry Potter, LOTR and the other LEGO games, Star Wars aside, are all ported from handheld.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What happened to that Micro Machines game? Is it still only soft launched?

Just bought Captain Cowboy and Wayward Souls. I feel like I'm in for a treat.

This sounds way too complicated.

Not saying it isn't, I had incorrectly assumed since you had barely played the game you hadn't gone the lengths of signing up with Kabam. :)

heringer

I was slightly out of the loop for iOS games but now I got an iPhone 6 and want to get back to it. It's sad how graphic intense games are very rare now and almost everything is 2D. I mean, I love 2D, but I wish more games took advantage of the processing power of this things. To this day people still refer to Infinity Blade and Asphalt 6 as visual showcases, which is kind of baffling.

Eh, at least I'll get to play Hero Emblems now (I only had an iPad Mini 2 before, but that game should be played on a phone).

Pachimari

I was slightly out of the loop for iOS games but now I got an iPhone 6 and want to get back to it. It's sad how graphic intense games are very rare now and almost everything is 2D. I mean, I love 2D, but I wish more games took advantage of the processing power of this things. To this day people still refer to Infinity Blade and Asphalt 6 as visual showcases, which is kind of baffling.

Eh, at least I'll get to play Hero Emblems now (I only had an iPad Mini 2 before, but that game should be played on a phone).

But... there's an Asphalt 8 now- /s

What is it? I've never heard of it but if PeeDiePie loves it it must be good.:p
Actually it's an expanded version of Etter Drei, which originally released on IOS in 2013

It's a lot of fun, really charming, and has an awesome art style. Definitely recommended

datamage

Two updates:
1) No current plans for Darkest Dungeon on mobile, but Red Hook will be looking into it after the Linux version and PS4/Vita ports are done
2) Devs of Warbits are hoping to have the game out in about 3 months, but it might be longer due some unforeseen issues that recently popped up.

Thought Darkest Dungeons was confirmed for iPad? Or does mobile strictly mean phones?

PittaGAF

Hey, Deathwatch made it. :)

Yeah :)
Other fav of mine didn't (CardCrawl, Galactic Keep) but others did (Lara Croft GO especially)....so it's ok.
The fact I always postponed voting till I couldn't vote anymore didn't help too.

Oynox

Just bought Crashlands but I have to admit the game feels not too good on an iPhone 5. I guess it shines on bigger displays. Thinking about a return here due to the relative high price. But man, the gameplay is superb. It is even suitable as short mobile game in between something since you can simply crop some resources and feel good for it.

okno

Ninja Boy Adventures is the real deal. It's essentially just a re-skin of Bomberman. Tried an online match to no avail. It's everything I could have ever wanted, so far.

awp69

FYI. Chaos Rings 3 just got an update to fix the iOS 9 save bug!

Never affected me but know others were wondering if this would ever come.

colinp

Banned
FYI. Chaos Rings 3 just got an update to fix the iOS 9 save bug!

Never effected me but know others were wondering if this would ever come.

Oh man it's like they heard my prayers!!

Edit: Looks and plays great on my 6S+! The main menu isn't quite full screen (not chopped like it was previously- you can see all of it!) but the actual game is.

Edit edit: the graphics defaulted to medium quality for whatever reason so make sure you check the options when you can if you want to go for High.

awp69

What is the installed size?

It's 1.7 GB on my iPad Mini 2, but that includes the second episode (although I don't think that was very big of a download).

I'd also point out that this is a very long game (a good thing). The main story line really doesn't kick in until about 10 hours in while still giving subtext and remaining engaging prior to that. Also perfectly made for mobile with the ability to save anywhere.

Best JRPG on mobile IMO.

JCho133

Idk, seems kind of simple. After Bug Heroes and Block Fortress and Phantom Rift, a runner doesn't exactly get me excited. Hopefully their next game is more interesting

Don't speak too soon, I beta tested and can assure you it's pretty fantastic.

Absolutely looking forward to the full release

Anilones

It's 1.7 GB on my iPad Mini 2, but that includes the second episode (although I don't think that was very big of a download).

How many episodes are there to download and can you delete them when they are not required? I have a 16 GB iPad Mini 4 so space is always at a premium.

Top Bottom