• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is an "American Taco" even really a taco?

Is an American can taco even really a taco?

• Yes

• No

• You're going to hell

• I hope your abusive ex wife thabs you

Results are only viewable after voting.
The best taco is not a taco at all. It is a gyros sandwich!
gyro-close.jpg

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Here are some level-up tips for making your own American tacos;

- prepare your own spice blend, those packets you buy in stores contain unnecessary additives.

- shred your cheese freshly with a grater and ditch that pre-packaged stuff, which has cellulose to prevent caking.

- La Tiara taco shells are superior to any other shell you can find in stores. You can commonly find these at Walmart, unironically.

- use Pico de Gallo over diced tomatoes, it's way more flavorful and delicious.

- use ground chuck and do not completely drain out all of the fat after browning, leave some in the pan because fat is flavor. 😊

- there's no tangible taste difference with light sour cream versus regular, so you can cut some calories here if you wish.

- fresh garlic is your friend. Chopping a clove or two into your beef mixture while cooking will give it a new tasty dimension. 😋

Happy Taco Thursday, people! 🥳

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
No it's just you cant certain words on certain social media platforms and that has given rise to alternatives like unalive, departed, ypipo, heaux

I mean, I understand WHY they change words like that. Algorithm is too strict on some words so they'll flag a post if it says "dead/death", "white people", "hoes", "racist", etc. Especially when it's talking about sexual violence or pedos.

Those algorithms really go hard. I remember being flagged for "bullying" when I said "white people are the majority population of the US"

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Level up tips for making your own American tacos;

- make your own spice blend, those packets you buy in stores contain unnecessary additives.

- shred your cheese freshly with a grater and ditch that pre-packaged stuff, which has cellulose to prevent caking.

- La Tiara taco shells are superior to any other shell you can find in stores. You can commonly find these at Walmart, unironically.

- use Pico de Gallo over diced tomatoes, it's way more flavorful and delicious.

- use ground chuck and do not completely drain out all of the fat after browning, leave some in the pan because fat is flavor. 😊

- there's no tangible taste difference with light sour cream versus regular, so you can cut some calories here if you wish.

Happy Taco Thursday, people! 🥳

Amen.

And for anyone that wants an easy taco meat recipe, here’s my super lazy method:

• 2 lbs ground beef
• 1 tbsp chili powder
• 1 tbsp cumin
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp onion powder
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper

Last edited:

Mitsurux

I just happened to go to a rather authentic Mexican restaurant last night... and the Taco's as described in the OP were listed on the Menu as "Traditional Tacos' while the other various types of Taco's had other descriptive names which I should have took a picture of.

jason10mm

Gold Member

I made a MILLION of those things when I worked at Taco Hell. Times were crazy back then, really emphasized how "don't give a shit" fast food work was even then. We had to be CONSTANTLY reminded that we shouldn't let someone order 5 bean burritos but "hold the beans, substitute meat" because it would create a "meat burrito" for the price of a bean one, saving the buyer about 10 cents a burrito. That the system even allowed this was a wonder, much less that folks figured it out and tried to exploit it.

Working fast food was a good motivator to study harder.

Top Bottom