• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone else a little bitch about humidity?

poodaddy

Christ I can't stand it man. I'm in Maine, and I had no idea it got so humid here before I moved here. I have three heat pumps in the house that I keep on dehumidifier mode constantly in Summer, and it still drives me crazy. I absolutely abhor that lightly damp feeling all the time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When humidity is high like it is now in the US (I'm in the Midwest but was recently in Texas), I straight up cannot sleep. It'll take an hour just to fall asleep and then I wake up probably 20 times or so and eventually just give up.

I'm stubborn and cheap, but I'm buying a nice humidifier tonight finally.

Anything above 20% (in the summer at least) is annoying, but above 50-60% and I want to die at night.
Dont you mean buying a dehumidifier?

A dehumidifer also has other purposes if you run into them.... damp basements (my dad use to do it all the time in my childhood house), reduce mold, and if anyone has humidity issues in winter where it causes ice to form at your windows indoors, a dehumidifier will solve it. I had some ice build up indoors as my furnace had an issue spewing our too much moisture. Had to get a dehumidifier for a bit before the repair guy came to fix it. Ice literally formed on my window sills. Furnace fixed and the ice disappeared.

Tams

Gold Member
Dont you mean buying a dehumidifier?

A dehumidifer also has other purposes if you run into them.... damp basements (my dad use to do it all the time in my childhood house), reduce mold, and if anyone has humidity issues in winter where it causes ice to form at your windows indoors, a dehumidifier will solve it. I had some ice build up indoors as my furnace had an issue spewing our too much moisture. Had to get a dehumidifier for a bit before the repair guy came to fix it. Ice literally formed on my window sills. Furnace fixed and the ice disappeared.

They probably do.

But if they're referring to sleeping in a room with AC, then they might well want a humidifier. Damn can ACs make rooms feel dry.

Peggies

Gold Member
I'm a huge bitch about heat in general. Doesn't matter if dry or humid. Heat is the worst thing in life. I hate it. I'm really angry right now just because it's so fucking hot and I hate hate hate it.

Angry Work GIF

Tams

Gold Member
I'm a huge bitch about heat in general. Doesn't matter if dry or humid. Heat is the worst thing in life. I hate it. I'm really angry right now just because it's so fucking hot and I hate hate hate it.

Angry Work GIF

Fuck these heatwaves in the UK. It's not 'gorgeous' weather; it's fucking miserable.

It's raining and relatively cool today where I am. Now that's 'gorgeous'.

Peggies

Gold Member
Fuck these heatwaves in the UK. It's not 'gorgeous' weather; it's fucking miserable.

It's raining and relatively cool today where I am. Now that's 'gorgeous'.
I know, right?! The fuck is wrong with people? This isn't nice! I didn't sign up for this!

Let's enjoy the rain, my friend :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Top Bottom