• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is e3 for people not in the industry yet?

I love when people in the "industry" bitch & moan, it makes me so happy inside. And I love how it's always the same people bitching and moaning! That's what I like.

Personally, I got in as a review-writin' civilian years ago - but once Sega made their booth invitation-only, the thrill was gone.

fugimax

Rule #1 (and the only rule, imho):

Go as press. Go as press for the most reputable place you can find.

Last year I walked up to the 2 hour half-life lines and got pushed to the front.

Square-Enix theatre...no more buttons? Oh, well I'm press...so in I go, no wait.

Nintendo DS? I could stay back there as long as I want without having to leave.

Magazine/TV/Radio Press > *

... you might not have as much luck being from random website #89348534.

MC Safety

Saint Cornelius said:
I love when people in the "industry" bitch & moan, it makes me so happy inside. And I love how it's always the same people bitching and moaning! That's what I like.

Personally, I got in as a review-writin' civilian years ago - but once Sega made their booth invitation-only, the thrill was gone.

What I like is when you shut your big yap!

Seriously, I forgot to add the Earth should be salted before it's paved over.

AniHawk

It might work, CVX, since that's media. May want to look into that.

I have a question: Gamestop employees, how did you get in?

border

The funny thing is that when you get "approved" as press on-site, they look at your credentials, and give you the thumbs up to walk to the badge creation area. After that, they don't even bother to check your credentials against what you put on your badge. You can sign up as any one from any source (you'd probably still have to use your real name). If I ever go again, I will see if I can get away with being an EGM staff member...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I posted about how easy it was to get in a while back in some random thread I forget.

Long story short I did a DBA and got in when I was 14 in 1997. I continued going through the year 2000 and I stopped due to college and my financial situation (plane ride across the country plus a hotel, it's harsh).

M3wThr33

Banned
border said:
The funny thing is that when you get "approved" as press on-site, they look at your credentials, and give you the thumbs up to walk to the badge creation area. After that, they don't even bother to check your credentials against what you put on your badge. You can sign up as any one from any source (you'd probably still have to use your real name). If I ever go again, I will see if I can get away with being an EGM staff member...
When they checked my media badge I had to submit an article w...
Oh, once you go to the badge making thing in the back, though, yeah, you're home free to fill it out however. I see.

Top Bottom