• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is seven tacos too many?

Is seven hardshell tacos too many 🌮

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Simple question. Answer the poll, then discuss.

Edit: I guess it should ask "are" seven tacos too many, but you caught some of my deep south coming out.

Last edited:

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Taco Infomercial GIF

I hate them

Go_Ly_Dow

UK here so my knowledge of authentic mexican food is limited considering it's not as popular here as the US, but whenever I make tacos at home, I use the small soft shell kind. I also don't fry the taco as there's enough oil/fat in the meat. I just heat it up on raw flame to char it a bit.

Then I fill it with taco spiced chicken/chorizo, green jalapeno salsa, fresh onion, coriander, avacado and lime juice. I usually stuff my face with 4-5 of these. :messenger_smiling_horns:

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Hard shell tacos are dogshit and eating 7 just makes you fat cunt 😂

Fried soft shell tacos are fucking lush though.
So... was it the fact that they were hardshell, or the fact that I ate seven that leads to the conclusion that I am a fat cunt?

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
14 tacos México tacos. No it’s not too much. I only eat like this for tacos and taquitos though. I lose myself in the deep scents of meats, vegetables cut to perfection; cilantro, onion, lime. Keep it basic. Red salsa made with several dried, Smokey chillies. My mouth waters 🚿 just thinking of the bite sized pieces of Heaven on Earth.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
14 tacos México tacos. No it’s not too much. I only eat like this for tacos and taquitos though. I lose myself in the deep scents of meats, vegetables cut to perfection; cilantro, onion, lime. Keep it basic. Red salsa made with several dried, Smokey chillies. My mouth waters 🚿 just thinking of the bite sized pieces of Heaven on Earth.
I owned and ran a Mexican restaurant in New Orleans a decade ago. Your description just sent me back in time. Good job

Edit: you may be asking why I would be eating boxed hardshell tacos, if I knew how to cook.... well "you can take the trash out of a trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of trash". I was raised in a trailer park in the deep south, it's how my momma used to make them.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

So... was it the fact that they were hardshell, or the fact that I ate seven that leads to the conclusion that I am a fat cunt?
Eating hard shell tacos makes you a nasty cunt. Eating 7 tacos makes you a fat cunt. It’s fine though.. we all lean nasty and fat sometimes.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I think red salsa is my least favorite. What kind of tacos do use red salsa on? Xnipec or tamarind salsa are my favorites.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I think red salsa is my least favorite. What kind of tacos do use red salsa on? Xnipec or tamarind salsa are my favorites.
Well, when Birria, no salsa, unless maybe a single spoonful of a salsa made, in say, the same style as the molcajete?
Canesta? Red Salsa, it's usually pretty thick and is like a coating, lol.
Pollo, tambien. But sometimes I go for a nice Salsa verde. Now at days, I enjoy a good smokey, slow cooked salsa, regardless if Rollo or Verde.
Carne Asada, too.
I like Mexican style hard shell tacos, too. Usually they come packed with stuff, like queso fresco, maybe shredded cabbage(red or green or both), guacamole? Shredded cheese. I've had them in all styles. Pretty much all tacos, though.. I need either a lime or limon.

bender

What time is it?
Edit: you may be asking why I would be eating boxed hardshell tacos, if I knew how to cook.... well "you can take the trash out of a trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of trash". I was raised in a trailer park in the deep south, it's how my momma used to make them.

This is why I'll always have a soft spot for ketchup on steak.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Let me educate you guys on the southern white boy way of eating hard shell tacos without making a mess.

1. Get yer Old El Paso taco kit with the taco powder and the hard shells.
2. Cook yer ground beef with the mix, then put a nice thick strip of meat down each shell.
3. Put the shells with meat in the oven, round 350-400, for 5-10 minutes, the grease from the meat will soften the bottom of the shell.
4. Load the taco up with fixin's, the soft bottom allows you to pinch it and get a proper bite.
5. Enjoy
6. Get yourself some fucking proper tacos with that nice griddle wok hei from decades of chorizo, peppers, and oil and stop buying that cheap supermarket crap :p

KrakenIPA

Back in my day we bought the family pack of small corn tortillas because it was cheaper than the small pack of medium size flour tortillas. Government meat simmered with enough seasoning, and cheap toppings to put on em, I could take down ten for dinner easily.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Not too many. With a slippery enough salsa, you could even fit 8, perhaps 9 tacos up your ass, total. I think you can beat your record.
Bro, we're trying to stuff our mouths so that Tacos can come back down the fuckin' Poop Shoot. WTF... I can't even taste the Taco if it comes up my ass. No way.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
The Mexicans at my local taco shop like nothing more than making a good deep-fried hardshell taco. Every once in a while they'll even go full gringo and use some ground beef and some cheese whiz for us regulars.

Anyway, 3 tacos is the right amount. If you're packing away more than 3, then they probably aren't full-size big boy tacos. Source: I put on 30lbs via sadness eating in like 2 months this year.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
The most tacos I ever ate at once was four - all fish tacos, home made, soft shell.

I ate three Doritos Locos tacos once when I was with friends all drunk I threw up about two minutes after finishing the last one.

I could probably down seven on an empty stomach if I tried.

Depends. An average human body at around 70+kg and average height needs 2300 calories per day. A taco has like what, 200 calories. YOu'll be at half of your daily calorie needs with those 7 tacos, so no, 7 tacos isnt too many. Their too few especially if you work out.

Top Bottom