• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the Soul Calibur arcade stick any good?

Neo_ZX

The joystick is almost right. The metal bar is still a bit too high and I don't really like the curved button layout. Still, if it's comfortable, accurate and well built then it may be worth the $30.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The US stick?

Hell no.

What's that? I think I hear ASM coming to prevent you from feeling the pain...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Get the Hori Soul Calibur stick instead.

ps2_sc2_stick.jpg

Yeah, I picked it up at Future Shop for $30can. It's okay, but it puts your wrist at a funny angle and there isn't much springy-ness or travel in the stick. Passable, something you'd play MvsC2 or GGX with, but not SFIII.

Neo_ZX

Ugh I hate the ball & stick models. It was one with a black handle in a water drop kinda shape. I was mainly going to use it for Street Fighter games so I guess that's out of the question.

I was going to order from www.massystems.com but their site isn't very well organized and had confusing descriptions so I really don't know what to get. I just want one for DC/PS2.

toohectic

Japanese sticks >> US sticks. JPN sticks take a while to get used to at first, but once you do, you realize how good they are. I guess it's just preference though.

Bottom line... the JPN Hori SCII stick is great. The US Nuby SCII universal stick is total crap.

Top Bottom