• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there anything saltier than instant noodles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

That's my lunch today. Why don't I just empty a few packets of salt on my tongue? Oh right... no noodles. :/

-SB

Matlock

Banned
pirate.jpg

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Isnt it the soup mix that salty, and not the ramen itself? Anyway, i dump the soup after the ramen has steeped in em for a few.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, don't drink all the broth and you greatly reduce your sodium intake.

Oh.. and then there's this:

sabrosobag_small.jpg

sabroso_back_small.jpg

[asian instant noodle master] I noticed that honkies often put too little water into their instant noodles and then complain it's too hot and or salty. [/asian instant noodle master]

fart

Savant
the soup base stuff is seriously all salt. the stuff that isn't salt is msg. the noodles are covered in fat. do ourself a favor and pour off the water when you make that stuff. oh, don't add the msg packet of course

fart said:
the soup base stuff is seriously all salt. the stuff that isn't salt is msg. the noodles are covered in fat. do ourself a favor and pour off the water when you make that stuff. oh, don't add the msg packet of course

If you're gonna go that far, you should just eat something else.

fart

Savant
Shogmaster said:
If you're gonna go that far, you should just eat something else.
nah the carbs in instant noodles are good for quick energy, and ramen is cheaper than energy bars and quicker to make than rice.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Ramen 101:
(1) Boil noodles in water.
(2) When noodles are soft and ready, drain water and rinse noodles.
(3) Fill pot with fresh water.
(4) Add soup base (and sesame oil if it's included) to pot - stir into a solution.
(5) Add noodles back into the pot, with the soup.
(6) Add other shyt to the pot (personal faves: ham, sausage, poached egg, bok choi, bbq pork).
(7) Bring pot of stuff to boil.
(8) Serve - eat the stuff, but DON'T DRINK THE SOUP.

Any more steps and it wouldn't be instant noodles...any less and you might as well eat plastic.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What I do:

Take earthenware bowl, and press ramen block into it.
Empty packet on top of ramen block.
Fill bowl with water.
Place bowl in microwave.
Cover bowl with plate.
Microwave for 4 minutes.
Let sit for another 4.
Take plate off and carry bowl with it to table. Draining optional.
Stir. Eat.

SickBoy

To all those who are saying there's not enough water, how much water should there be? These are noodles in a bowl, and I'm filling them to the fill line ...and it's still salty as hell. Maybe it's because they're "no MSG" noodles or something?

-SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom