• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

isn't it about that time of the year? (awww, he's all angsty and confused!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

with summer ending and classes beginning again, it's about that time of the year where i slowly lose any hope whatsoever as i become increasingly overwhelmed by either a) ridiculously hard classes or b) ridiculously easy classes, both of which make me question what the fuck i'm doing here in the first place. except now i can't play the "drop class and switch majors" game anymore, leaving me with that familiar feeling of being screwed.

in other words, i just get all angry and angsty, much like your typical overreacting teen...which only makes things that much worse in my mind. but hey, at least i'm honest about it.

McGrath.jpg

If things weren't bad enough, I have Creative Writing tomorrow, where I'll be forced to hear the latest in Harry Potter fanfiction and Anime/Manga fanfic.

way more

The drop/add period, I hear you. I've been trying to track down a profesor so I can sign up for vietnamese, but he's a clever bastard.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
BuddyChrist83 said:
If things weren't bad enough, I have Creative Writing tomorrow, where I'll be forced to hear the latest in Harry Potter fanfiction and Anime/Manga fanfic.
Please tell me you're joking or exaggerating. This is college, not middle school, right?

BuddyC

ScientificNinja said:
You poor bastard.
Seriously, Tuesday I had to hear about a Fairy (or is it Faerie? This fantasy shit goes too far.) that tried to steal a bunch of Fairy/Faerie dust so that they could bring forth several hunky Fairy/Faerie manslaves.

Or I could luck out and maybe tomorrow she'll read from her high school drama collection, where the characters hate each other for a long time before they admit their love for each other. Or the love story where the main character, who was born in Japan and teaches English, meets up with a Richard Martin and marries him. In Kyoto.

BuddyChrist83 said:
with summer ending and classes beginning again, it's about that time of the year where i slowly lose any hope whatsoever as i become increasingly overwhelmed by either a) ridiculously hard classes or b) ridiculously easy classes, both of which make me question what the fuck i'm doing here in the first place. except now i can't play the "drop class and switch majors" game anymore, leaving me with that familiar feeling of being screwed.

in other words, i just get all angry and angsty, much like your typical overreacting teen...which only makes things that much worse in my mind. but hey, at least i'm honest about it.

McGrath.jpg

Glad I'm not alone. Just today I was entertaining thoughts of dropping out completely. :(

GOD! I need to watch Evangelion again and listen to Rage Against the Machine. FUCK THE WORLD

Loki

Count of Concision
The Shadow said:
Glad I'm not alone. Just today I was entertaining thoughts of dropping out completely. :(

What's your major again, Shadow, and how old are you (if you don't mind sharing)? Dropping out is drastic, though looking back, I wish I had dropped out and then returned rather than constantly registering and failing, which fuXxored my GPA.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Woo! class doesn't start until the sixth!
I just changed from Computer Science to International Business, and my schedule finagled into 8 AM to 10 PM on Monday, 8 AM to 4 PM on Wednesday, and that's it. It should be interesting especially once season hits over in TRU...sigh.
Anyway, I thank the lord I got credits for my Writing and Lit classes.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
BuddyChrist83 said:
Oh, this is college.
Sarcasm. I was just highlighting the absurdity of college students producing such "creative writing". I mean, I know people did that stuff in 6th and 7th grades, and maybe in their spare time, but for a serious class? That doesn't seem like it'd be terribly productive or educational, certainly not to the extent that the class should be aiming for.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan said:
Sarcasm. I was just highlighting the absurdity of college students producing such "creative writing". I mean, I know people did that stuff in 6th and 7th grades, and maybe in their spare time, but for a serious class? That doesn't seem like it'd be terribly productive or educational, certainly not to the extent that the class should be aiming for.

There's also that question of what business a journalism student has learning fiction writing anyway. That's a slippery slope if there ever were one :p

BuddyC

Archaix said:
There's also that question of what business a journalism student has learning fiction writing anyway. That's a slippery slope if there ever were one :p
:p
I've got a creative writing minor, plus creative writing experience helps you to be original and fresh when it comes to writing boring, standard news stories.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
BuddyChrist83 said:
:p
I've got a creative writing minor, plus creative writing experience helps you to be original and fresh when it comes to writing boring, standard news stories.

Okay, so your senses of sarcasm aren't quite fully developed. Not jaded enough yet. Leave angsty and angry alone until you can handle jaded, bitter, cynical, and sarcastic. You're in over your head there.

BuddyC

Archaix said:
Okay, so your senses of sarcasm aren't quite fully developed. Not jaded enough yet. Leave angsty and angry alone until you can handle jaded, bitter, cynical, and sarcastic. You're in over your head there.
Hahahaha, trust me, I've got jaded, bitter, cyincal and sarcastic covered. I also have no faith in people as a whole, so I'll explain things anyways just to make sure, because god knows someone out there really believes it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Just for the record, I also switched from a shitty computer related major to journalism after two years of schooling. Set me back a hell of a lot, because those first two years were almost entirely filled with classes for my major. I am much happier in general now, though. I think I would have lasted about three months in an IT career before I put my face through a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom