• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's 2024 and the only way I can get PS5 screenshots to my pc is with a USB stick

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm making some screenshots for a thread I'm creating and this is really starting to piss me off. The only ways to get screenshots I take on my PS5 to my pc are:

• connect a USB stick to my PS5, transfer every image, plug USB stick into my pc, transfer every image
  • Install the Playstation app on my phone, download every image to my phone, e-mail every image to myself, save every image on my pc

Seriously, what this? It's not 2009 anymore, Sony you clowns. This is ridiculous. How are my screenshots not saved in the cloud in a way that I can access through the browser?

Hermen Hulst is a hack and should be fired immediately.

clown-pepe.gif

Clown shoes.

ManaByte

Do you not have a phone?

Download it from the app. Save the image to One Drive. As long as your One Drive is active in Windows, the screens will be there. No email needed.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've done both methods before. If there are a lot of pictures then copying them to a usb drive and then to my PC has never been a problem.
If you want cloud storage they'll lock it behind playstation plus and charge more for it.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Seriously, what this? It's not 2009 anymore, Sony you clowns. This is ridiculous. How are my screenshots not saved in the cloud in a way that I can access through the browser?
How do you think they get to your phone?

SJRB

Gold Member
Do you not have a phone?

Download it from the app. Save the image to One Drive. As long as your One Drive is active in Windows, the screens will be there. No email needed.

Do you not understand how needlessly convoluted this is in the year of our lord 2024? You're only replacing an email client with OneDrive, the amount of steps required are almost identical.

Sometimes I'll load up Elgato/OBS and print screen the screenshots, paste to MS Paint and then save.

I'm sure it messes with the overall resolution but that's irrelevant for my purposes.

You can do it through the app, just turn on auto-upload but that's also kind of a pain in the ass IMO.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'd copy the images from my phone to Google drive and then download them from Google drive on my PC.

Shifty1897

I agree it would be nice to just have OneDrive and Google Drive support built in. However, Sony isn't going to put effort into something that makes zero money for them.

Mossybrew

Yeah I hear you OP. Didn't PS4 have, like Twitter or Facebook integration? It was easier to post screens back then.

Exoil

I'm making some screenshots for a thread I'm creating and this is really starting to piss me off. The only ways to get screenshots I take on my PS5 to my pc are:

• connect a USB stick to my PS5, transfer every image, plug USB stick into my pc, transfer every image
  • Install the Playstation app on my phone, download every image to my phone, e-mail every image to myself, save every image on my pc

Hermen Hulst is a hack and should be fired immediately.

clown-pepe.gif

Clown shoes.
What year do you think this is? 2010?
Who the hell uses their PC to create threads anymore? Use your phone like everyone else and you'll already have all the images on there automagically.

Some people just don't get with the times, I swear..

Sleepwalker

I just leave em on my phone and call it a day.

You can upload them to discord/skype/whatsapp or basically any other app that has a web client.

I agree its stupid, but then again the only solution would be to release the ps app on PC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd copy the images from my phone to Google drive and then download them from Google drive on my PC.
and what about clips i made on the ps5 before downloading the app? i can't find them there

xrnzaaas

Personally I have zero issues with this, but I will admit I usually mass copy all the new screenshots from the last few days. Captures are also much better on PlayStation since I can record longer videos, pick the screenshot quality and choose if I want to capture trophies. On the Xbox you can only create large pngs (a single 4K screenshot can weigh up to 10MB) and I have to mass convert them to jpg's on my own.

Linking services (like with twitter in the past) can feel convenient, but it can become a pain in the ass if there's a hack and your linked account and/or its details can become compromised.

Last edited:

Shwing

The way I do it is download image from PSApp on my phone or tablet. The folder it downloads to is set to auto backup to Google Drive, and therefore after a short period of time I can access all pics on pc via Google Drive.

Top Bottom