• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's nearly that time of year again. What are your favorite Christmas songs/albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyover

This whole album is incredible.I really like Harry Connick Jr.'s christmas album and pretty much anything with a rock or piano jazz inspired feel

Yes. I generally don't like Christmas music (other than Guaraldi), but Connick's "When My Heart Finds Christmas" album is fantastic.

I have 2 Harry Connick Xmas CDs we ran into the ground. My wife and I agreed to stash away Harry and Kenny G for awhile. We couldn't take it anymore.

mclem

christmaschipmunks1.jpg

Simon's weirdly hunchbacked.

Anastasia

Easily "the Christmas song" otherwise known as "chestnuts roasting". There's nothing else that gets me in the holiday spirit. It HAS to be sung by nat king cole though.

Yep, this is it. This has always been *the* Christmas song for me (specifically the Nat King Cole version).

Cryolemon

Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARq6uYSsUq0

I like that too.

I'm generally pretty cynical (about everything really lol) so I like songs like that, or that are subversive of the Christmas spirit (Fairytale of New York falls into that category). Others that do too:

That'll be Christmas by Thea Gilmore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qQAE794uvo

December Song (I Dreamed of Christmas) by George Micheal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xzyD00_fI

The only one I think is any good is The Pretenders - 2000 Miles.

I also have a soft spot for Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime, even though the rest of humanity seems to loathe it. The in your face synth really appeals to me.

Every other holiday song can get fucked.

TasTokyo

I've always been really fond of Christmas Time by The Darkness. I guess because I was in high school when it came out. I think it's a good one though.

Also Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody. That's just a classic. I wish it could be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard is also awesome. Basically Glam/Hard Rockers make the best Christmas songs lol.

Oozer3993

Songs:

Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song
Johnny Mathis - Sleigh Ride
Andy Williams - Happy Holiday
It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Andy Williams or Johnny Mathis)
Christmas Bells - Andy Williams
Barbara Streisand - Jingle Bells?
Bing Crosby - White Christmas
Johnny Mathis - Frosty The Snowman
Johnny Mathis - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
O Holy Night (Josh Groban or NSYNC)
Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas
NSYNC - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
Last Christmas (Wham or Taylor Swift)
Thurl Ravenscroft - You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch
Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24
Vince Guaraldi Trio - Linus and Lucy
Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time
Gene Autry - Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

Albums:

Taylor Swift - Sounds of the Season

q7OB7Qw.jpg

Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song

qlJTFL0.jpg

Andy Williams - Personal Christmas Collection

z4J0x21.jpg

Hanson - Snowed In

6ssSwQV.jpg

Any of Johnny Mathis' Christmas albums. The man is the patron musical saint of Christmas.

Tabris

Bumping (if you don't mind mods as I was planning to post the same thread)!

I have to say except for the classic All I want for Christmas by Mariah Carrey, I am really loving this song...

Michael Buble - Christmas (Baby Come Home)

Trying to get more ideas of Christmas songs to buy on iTunes. It's snowing in Vancouver so I am in a huge Xmas songs mood now.

EDIT - I didn't realize there was a U2 version! I guess original? It sounds possibly better. Damn it. I already bought the Michael Buble version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom