• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Stinger - the best Christmas themed game of all time? Or what's your fav?

Yippee ki-yay!

and

Just listen to the main menu vibe. Still does it for me.

pvUdQVZ.gif

All EA needs to do is do a full on remaster of SSX 1, maybe add some of 3's trick system, and I'll die happy. One of the main reasons I loved the launch of the PS2 was because of SSX. That game was perfection.

I don't know any Christmas-themed game but I do enjoy every Christmas-themed mod that was ever put for Skyrim and Fallout 4

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
I will start by saying this is intended to be a quasi-joke post. It's not that I don't firmly believe Blue Stinger is a Christmas themed game and for me it's one of the best...but all the same it's just intended for some light December 1st fun.

I remember getting Blue Stinger under the tree for Christmas 1999. Which is weird to think about...Blue Stinger is old enough to drink and that makes me feel really old considering the next year (2000) I'd get my license.

So what makes it a Christmas game you ask? Well that's easy. It takes place in large parts in Christmas themed areas complete with decorations and posters of Santa, snowmen, Christmas Trees and other holiday trappings. Add on top of that a very jaunty Christmas tune to listen to while killing mutated zombie like humans and...total Christmas experience.

The big question though...is Blue Stinger any good? Well you certainly won't see it appearing on any "Top 10 Best Dreamcast Games" lists any time soon but just like Illbleed (made by the same people) it has a certain charm and weirdness to it that cannot be denies and makes the game way more entertaining than it probably has any right to be. It's a personal favorite of mine even if I can identify the fact its just a "decent" game.

The people behind Blue Stinger even referenced Die Hard as inspiration for wanting to make a "holiday action game"...so that pretty much seals the deal for me.

New genre; "holiday survival horror"...only thing it's missing is a family arguement in the game somewhere :)

But what are your Christmas games of choice? I can't be the only one with odd tastes in gaming during the holidays! And I need some new stuff to play!
Every Christmas, I don't why but the supermarket tune from Blue Stinger is coming back in my head. I didn't know there was another mother fucker on earth who felt the same lol.

My other Christmas memory are 1999 Shenmue (I played the Japanese version, it was fantastic to be stuck in the snow by night, under the rain. It was different from the usual RPGs, it was alive, evolving all the time...) And the movie Young Sherlock Holmes (snowy, mysterious adventure in stylish mansions)

TexMex

Not sure why, but I do an annual holiday run through of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for the Genesis.

Top Bottom