• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: Post a pic of how you feel

Joyful

tm4QNFsm.jpeg

GymWolf

Gold Member
Maybe they don't like the taste of humans that much.
Yeah but i always have some cut and bleeding when i go to this place (extremely unregular and edgy stones formations, basically impossible to not get at least a couple of small cuts on feet\legs) so swimming while losing blood when i know there are fucking sharks around is not optimal.

I'm also one of those dudes that got scared for life by the jaws movie, so even if i love swimming in the open sea, i check every 30 sec if there is some dark shadow or suspect water ripple close to me, so this shit is gonna make me check every 5 sec or so...(And let's be real, if a shark is swimming close to you, you are not gonna beat it in a swimming race)

I2aYsk3.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah but i always have some cut and bleeding when i go to this place (extremely unregular and edgy stones formations, basically impossible to not get at least a couple of small cuts on feet\legs) so swimming while losing blood when i know there are fucking sharks around is not optimal.
Yeah, that's not ideal.

You make it sound like you go to the deep end which is something that I used to do as a kid because I was stupid and a great swimmer. Once, I swam so deep that I met some scuba divers in the depth. No joke, and I waved hi to them like retarded sea monkey.

I'm also one of those dudes that got scared for life by the jaws movie, so even if i love swimming in the open sea, i check every 30 sec if there is some dark shadow or suspect water ripple close to me, so this shit is gonna make me check every 5 sec or so...(And let's be real, if a shark is swimming close to you, you are not gonna beat it in a swimming race)
I watched it yesterday for the umpteenth time. Still pleasant, I have to say.

We don't have man eaters or fucking mermaids here though. Statistically, jellyfish are probably more lethal. I'm more afraid to those goombas.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah, that's not ideal.

You make it sound like you go to the deep end which is something that I used to do as a kid because I was stupid and a great swimmer. Once, I swam so deep that I met some scuba divers in the depth. No joke, and I waved hi to them like retarded sea monkey.

I watched it yesterday for the umpteenth time. Still pleasant, I have to say.

We don't have man eaters or fucking mermaids here though. Statistically, jellyfish are probably more lethal. I'm more afraid to those goombas.
I don't go very far from the shores, but the fear still stands even if in theory sharks should not get close to potential rocks that can hurt them aswell.

I don't go very far from the shores, but the fear still stands even if in theory sharks should not get close to potential rocks that can hurt them aswell.
Well, the fact of the matter is that your instinct is not wrong. That's why you haven't been turned into shark food yet. I believe some good karma is involved here as well. Stick to those rocks.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Well, the fact of the matter is that your instinct is not wrong. That's why you haven't been turned into shark food yet. I believe some good karma is involved here as well. Stick to those rocks.
Like i said, checking every 30 sec doesn't make me faster than a shark anyway so my istincts would be pretty useless in case of a real shark close to me but thanks for the kind words :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
(Also i don't think you can actually spot a shark that doesn't want to be seen)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The etna volcano is erupting again and again and throwing this fucking black sand all over the city, fuck living in a city with an active volcano...

By tomorrow all the streets are gonna be covered with this shit that is as slippery as fucking oil...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

I2aYsk3.jpeg
I swam with a shark recently off the coast of Australia, was pretty cool.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Haha, not much you can do other than relax and appreciate the moment. It's an uncommon occurrence. Was 10-20 feet away for a solid minute.

Grey reef shark, not great white, so one of these:

Q8rXL3y.jpeg

Around 6 feet, man sized.
The one they saw in my zone should be a blue shark, but it's not confirmed.

Top Bottom