• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Anime Song Edition List

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/jump45/pc/spec.html

It's incomplete, but most of them are listed.

One Piece: We Are
Naruto: GO!!!
Dragon Ball: Cha-La Head-Cha-La
Yu Yu Hakusho: Hohoemi no Bakudan (Smile Bomb)
Toriko: Gatsu Gatsu
Bleach: Asterisk
Hunter x Hunter: departure!
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ~Jojo~ Sono Chi no Sadame
Ruroni Kenshin: Sobakasu
Beelzebub: Dadada
Gintama: Pray
Medaka Box: Happy Crazy Box
Kochikame: Katsuhishika Rhapsody
Jigoku Sensei Nube: Bari Bari Saikyou
Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: LISTEN TO THE STEREO!

Sorry if this is old. I feel like they played it safe for most of the series. Personally, I prefer Ohayou over Departure for HxH, and Sakura Mitsutsuki for Gintama. Boys & Girls for REBORN was pretty neat too.

There's only 6 more songs to be revealed, and since every song so far belongs to a series that has a playable character, it's safe to say six more series will have playable characters.

ReiGun

All you need. Especially that Jojo's cause HOT DAMN!

Pray used to be good, but I think a lot of songs that came along are better.

What, are you guys going to tell me that R*O*C*K*S is Naruto?

They could have chosen newer songs for Naruto, why no LOVERS! from 7!! or I can Hear from DISH.

Good pick for KHR! Thats a memorable one, departure for HxH is kind of laughable just for the sake of how long we've had it.

I would have prefered Paradox for Medaka Box and there are numerous others for Bleach, like D-technolife, Shojo S and Harukaze (Scandal ftw!)

Beelzebub's should be "Hajimaru No Wa Sayonara"
Hitman Reborn's should be "Boy's and Girls Be"
Gintama's should be "Wonderland" or "Stairway Generation"

Everything else looks good but these were my personal favorites from each series. At first I thought they were just choosing each anime's first OP, but seeing Naruto's as "GO!!" changed that perception.

ReiGun

I will say for Naruto, I kinda wish they would have used Seishun Kyosokyoku, but GO!!! is a fine choice.

I generally like Shippuden music, but I can't think of any I'd take over GO!!!

Bulzeeb

This thread needs more Gintama talk

gintoki_host.jpg

-Eddman-

Is there any chance to see this game with all the music and stuff in America or the licensing issues make it impossible?

Peff

We Are for OP but no Haruka Kanata for Naruto? Back then that one was EVERYWHERE. Guess that western release is out of the question now, lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's going to be something so awesome having Sono Chi no Sadame playing while fighting. Though 3,000 more yen seems a bit expensive to have theme songs included.

Now we just need Fist of the North Star represented for YOU WA SHOCK!

Ryuukan

op should really add that the "anime sound edition" of this game is 3000 yen more for anyone interested in importing

Malajax

Is there any chance to see this game with all the music and stuff in America or the licensing issues make it impossible?

Chances are really small at the moment.The spread of characters across different companies and the music licensing would be the most difficult. Add to that the voices. Dubbing would be costly if the aim was to have the most recent voices of those that have been in English. Otherwise, Namco Bandai is likely already fronting the costs of having so many different production companies working together. To license that for American release? Nightmare scenario.

So I'd get ready to import if I were you.

mankoto

Chances are really small at the moment.The spread of characters across different companies and the music licensing would be the most difficult. Add to that the voices. Dubbing would be costly if the aim was to have the most recent voices of those that have been in English. Otherwise, Namco Bandai is likely already fronting the costs of having so many different production companies working together. To license that for American release? Nightmare scenario.

I agree with you in saying hit the import button. However, it's completely possible as they already have websites to use if needed

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

This does sum things up, though at the moment, Namco DOES have all the game rights to the anime franchises represented here that've had games in the US (OP, Naruto, & Dragonball Z), so I don't think it'd be too much of a hassle to get the rest of them. Granted, if something like FotNS or Yu-Gi-Oh gets confirmed, yeah, that's gonna cause some issues, & I do see the music being an issue since they might have to talk to the people who own the anime rights in the US (Funimation, Aniplex, whoever), though Namco could just not bring that version over here.

...there was also that “Awakened Legends Vs.,” domain that was registered in the EU that COULD be referring to this, though who knows. At the very least, I'm gonna wait & see if anything comes from that & perhaps a price drop before importing.

Silky

Banned

It's not impossible. Bamco has been doing some work with it's game localizations for Manga. the Seiya game and JoJo, of all things, made it.

I don't /think/ the game would be dubbed. It'd be nice (Just to hear Yusuke's voice again and someone attempt to do Joseph's voice.) but it's unlikely.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/jump45/pc/spec.html

It's incomplete, but most of them are listed.

Sorry if this is old. I feel like they played it safe for most of the series. Personally, I prefer Ohayou over Departure for HxH, and Sakura Mitsutsuki for Gintama. Boys & Girls for REBORN was pretty neat too.

There's only 6 more songs to be revealed, and since every song so far belongs to a series that has a playable character, it's safe to say six more series will have playable characters.

ku-xlarge.gif

Top Bottom