• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Anime Song Edition List

Malajax

This does sum things up, though at the moment, Namco DOES have all the game rights to the anime franchises represented here that've had games in the US (OP, Naruto, & Dragonball Z), so I don't think it'd be too much of a hassle to get the rest of them. Granted, if something like FotNS or Yu-Gi-Oh gets confirmed, yeah, that's gonna cause some issues, & I do see the music being an issue since they might have to talk to the people who own the anime rights in the US (Funimation, Aniplex, whoever), though Namco could just not bring that version over here.

...there was also that “Awakened Legends Vs.,” domain that was registered in the EU that COULD be referring to this, though who knows. At the very least, I'm gonna wait & see if anything comes from that & perhaps a price drop before importing.

It's not impossible. Bamco has been doing some work with it's game localizations for Manga. the Seiya game and JoJo, of all things, made it.

I don't /think/ the game would be dubbed. It'd be nice (Just to hear Yusuke's voice again and someone attempt to do Joseph's voice.) but it's unlikely.
Yeah, I wouldn't say it's completely impossible, but it doesn't seem likely at the moment.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/jump45/pc/spec.html

It's incomplete, but most of them are listed.

One Piece: We Are
Naruto: GO!!!
Dragon Ball: Cha-La Head-Cha-La
Yu Yu Hakusho: Hohoemi no Bakudan (Smile Bomb)
Toriko: Gatsu Gatsu
Bleach: Asterisk
Hunter x Hunter: departure!
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: ~Jojo~ Sono Chi no Sadame
Ruroni Kenshin: Sobakasu
Beelzebub: Dadada
Gintama: Pray
Medaka Box: Happy Crazy Box
Kochikame: Katsuhishika Rhapsody
Jigoku Sensei Nube: Bari Bari Saikyou
Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: LISTEN TO THE STEREO!

Sorry if this is old. I feel like they played it safe for most of the series. Personally, I prefer Ohayou over Departure for HxH, and Sakura Mitsutsuki for Gintama. Boys & Girls for REBORN was pretty neat too.

There's only 6 more songs to be revealed, and since every song so far belongs to a series that has a playable character, it's safe to say six more series will have playable characters.

oh baby, thats my jam right there

Kurita

Never watched Bleach but Orange Range is one of my favorite bands ever so it's cool to have Asterisk. The song makes me nostalgic for something I've never watched, like wtf.
Though no Haruka Kanata for Naruto? That's a weird choice.

Gintama's Pray is in this? Aw Hell yes.

As I'm starting to get into Hunter X Hunter, I'm glad its kick ass opening song is in this as well. Good list so far.

shaowebb

Sorry if this is old. I feel like they played it safe for most of the series. Personally, I prefer Ohayou over Departure for HxH, and Sakura Mitsutsuki for Gintama. Boys & Girls for REBORN was pretty neat too.

There's only 6 more songs to be revealed, and since every song so far belongs to a series that has a playable character, it's safe to say six more series will have playable characters.

Aww yiss.

Sandfox

I don't understand a few of the choices. Also, Heart of Sword is an ending theme so they obviously wouldn't pick that even if it is an amazing song.

Yonafunu

Hmmm, I would've though Boys & Girls or 88 would've been better for Reborn!, but I like LISTEN TO THE STEREO! too, so it's no problem to me.
No Donten for Gintama is criminal though.
Go!! for Naruto is a weird choice too, I'd go for Haruka Kanata personally.

This is all assuming they're going for iconic openings over 'good' openings.

stabi

Neo Member
Hmmm, I would've though Boys & Girls or 88 would've been better for Reborn!, but I like LISTEN TO THE STEREO! too, so it's no problem to me.

I just listened to this song for the first time thanks to that list. I'm already getting youtube to play more music from that band!

Loving it so far

I-hate-u

They should have went with Ohayou/kaze no uta for Hunter x Hunter just for the nostalgia factor alone.

Put please Namco, but Hanamichi Sakuragi with kimi ga suki da to sakebitai.

Wynnebeck

Banned

I legit just started singing Asterisk loudly when I saw it and almost teared up a little. Great pick.

Never watched Bleach but Orange Range is one of my favorite bands ever so it's cool to have Asterisk. The song makes me nostalgic for something I've never watched, like wtf.
Though no Haruka Kanata for Naruto? That's a weird choice.

Same that OP was amazing for Bleach. Its the guitar.

I seriously hope everyone gets their own theme as well such as "Number One" which is Ichigo's theme song.

No D-Technolife saddens me but Asterisk is good too. Heck most of Bleach music is good.

Shocked Naruto stuck to GO! out of all songs. Oh well, it looks like they are using pretty much the first opening song of each series.

Shin

Banned
Awesome track selection right there, +1 for Sobakasu.
This is gonna be a bat shit crazy game, isn't it?

Top Bottom