• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs - Arale, Bobobo, Kusuo Saiki and Luckyman

FYC

Banned
*Shit, I meant to add playable to the end of the title.

Don't think I can link because it's a scan, but yeah. On top of this, Haikyuu!!'s Shōyō Hinata is a support.

Arale is from Dr. Slump
Bobobo is from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Kusuo Saiki is from Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan
Luckyman is from Tottemo! Luckyman

Clearly the most important part of this announcement is that it opens up the possibility for this guy
Don_Patch.PNG

Desmond

Arale being playable kind of makes me want Jaco to be in this game as a support character.
Jaco is hardly comparable to Arale. If he was included it would just be some Toriyama circle jerk attempt. You might aswell include the Prince from Level E then lol.

I'd say Yugi will still make it in.

koutoru

Damn. I may end up importing. You think this will be localized?
Posting this from the other thread:

There were 4 domains registered:
One fore One Piece Unlimited World: RED
One for "NarutoRevolution-Game.com" I think we know what that is.
Two for "Awakened-Legends-Vs.com" and "Awakened-Legends-Game.com"

The only game Namco haven't said anything about yet is the "Awakened Legends" game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bo-Bobo, hell yeah. Cannot wait to see what insane attacks they come up with for him. Please let this mean we'll see transformations, mainly Bobopatchiggler & Denbo.

Also, this SHOULD mean we've got one more playable franchise represented, since there's 20 out of 21 songs for the Anison Edition. I know Bo-Bobo will most likely be Wild Challenger (dang, wanted Baka Survivor).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nope, unfortunately.

From a scan I saw, it seems Don Patch is part of Bobobo's moveset.
Oh yup, I see it as well. Wonder if that means Jelly Jiggler will be part of his moveset as well, considering how many times he's use both of them for attacks.

Bobobo in the roster too now? Between him, Kenshiro, and Joseph some of these recent announcements have really been getting me hyped lol. I'll have to import this later on down the road I guess.

Platy

Luckyman ???
That was ... bizarre

YAY for Bobobo !

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS for Arale ! =D

edit : Is Arale the first playable girl ? =P

Bobobo and Arale? Yes!

If there is only one franchise left, it'll probably have a playable rep but I'm still holding out for a Sena and/or Hiruma support.

Shinriji

Small fries shitty GAG filler manga like Luckyman and Bobobo. Meanwhile real hotblooded action heroes like Slam Dunk Sakuragi and Bastard Dark Schneider are cast aside.

Oh yup, I see it as well. Wonder if that means Jelly Jiggler will be part of his moveset as well, considering how many times he's use both of them for attacks.
Hahahah at first I was: "who is that one"? Googled it and it's the way the american dub calls Tokoro Tennosuke.

Aren't americans tired of destroying any anime they receive? I would like to know how much censorship has this series suffered there...

Come to think of it, wasn't Slam Dunk supposed to be super popular in Japan? Surprised it hasn't been featured yet...maybe the other basketball series took priority?

Hahahah at first I was: "who is that one"? Googled it and it's the way the american dub calls Tokoro Tennosuke.

Aren't americans tired of destroying any anime they receive? I would like to know how much censorship has this series suffered there...

Can't claim to be an expert since I've never watched the JP version, but it did receive quite a bit of script reversioning (for example, they retained the Japanese text but often danced around it) . It was still pretty funny.

MSMrRound

Still waiting for Asakura Yoh ;_;

If Haikyuu can make it in as support, what's the chances of Shokugeki No Soma characters appearing in the game as well?

Can't claim to be an expert since I've never watched the JP version, but it did receive quite a bit of script reversioning (for example, they retained the Japanese text but often danced around it) . It was still pretty funny.
Well, since there are some idiomatic jokes I find it logic that despite maintaining the kanjis, those jokes were adapted to English. That's also done on the Catalan dub.
What I found chocking was the name change and I presumed that since they changed the name, maybe some jokes or scenes were also censored like they did with One Piece.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn I wish this game was being localized, would make me buy a Vita today but looks like Imma still go with a 2DS.

Well, since there are some idiomatic jokes I find it logic that despite maintaining the kanjis, those jokes were adapted to English. That's also done on the Catalan dub.
What I found chocking was the name change and I presumed that since they changed the name, maybe some jokes or scenes were also censored like they did with One Piece.

There were many name changes, although the only ones I remember are "Gasser" (Heppokomaru), "Captain Battleship" (Gunkan), and "Czar Baldy Bald the 4th" (Tsuru Tsurulina IV). I can at least guarantee it wasn't a hackjob on the level of 4kids One Piece since it had a close following on GameFAQS and the like.

Toad.T

Banned
Too bad that Arale is going to be OP in this game, what with her N'Cha Cannon being more powerful than the Kamehameha. (or at least it was last time someone asked. Probably with SSG Goku, that's impossible now.)

Yugi/Atem could be good if they play up the monster summons as attacks angle. I know he's fine without them (see "Season 0"), but it would at least differentiate him from the crowd.

Top Bottom