• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Aiii

So not worth it
1484178_196092017248245_1291638111_n.jpg

Anth0ny

I'm drunk right now

and I just read that entire op

THAT FUCKING OP MAN

i wonder how long the boring chants for orton and daniel bryan/yes chants for bryan will continue at this rate. I'm thinking til mania at LEAST. they teased that shawn/bryan match, and if they don't deliver now, I think people will be pissed.

bjork

Shawn/Bryan is never happening.

I'm okay with this, I'd like to see someone retire and actually stay retired.

I think in 2013, the total amount of minutes I spent watching current wrestling might not even be the length of one Raw. I wonder if this will continue in 2014.

Rapstah

I'm okay with this, I'd like to see someone retire and actually stay retired.

It would be fine if he could stop appearing four times a year (inevitably superkicking someone) in a business where everything is supposed to build to a match.

Marvel

could never
Haha, awesome just got the email for my old Gamertag Taka Michinoku after weeks of trying to remember.

bjork

It would be fine if he could stop appearing four times a year (inevitably superkicking someone) in a business where everything is supposed to build to a match.

Maybe he'll be the one to break that trend, and it'll mean more since he never came on to job or whatever. It has to happen eventually, but if Slaughter or Hacksaw suddenly stopped, no one would notice. I guess Bruno could count too, though I'd bet he could still stretch 90% of the roster if he wanted.

What? Beast vs Animal! Two huge dudes throwing bombs at each other! I doubt it could live up to the expectations I have in mind, but I'd definitely be interested in seeing Batista vs Lesnar.

Hopefully it's like Hansen vs Vader (without the eyeball popping out of socket);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYSnhhiU8M

*edit, I just read AJ Styles is going to be at ROH's shows in Philly in February, in addition to the January dates he's performing on - word is that they've booked AJ Styles vs Paul London II for the 12th Anniversary Show on February 21st!! Holy shit, super hyped for that, if true - their original encounter was AWESOME;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdc9v7Uj884

I kinda liked the part where Bryan somewhat hesitated while on the stage with the crowd chanting, seemed a subtle hint.

Also, seems like we're getting a charity Joshi/Puro event here in Manila on the 25th for the benefit of the typhoon victims, with these peeps advertised to appear:

IDLKpEt.jpg

I'm planning to watch this since it's a rare sight for our country to be getting ANY type of live wrestling.

Can't wait for Mistico to shed the last vestiges of the cancer that is Sin Cara and remind everyone why he was signed in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3fv5RJXgd8

That being said, where does Mistico show up to wrestle? I presume he can't use the Mistico name any more and CMLL weren't pleased with him leaving, so not sure how keen they'd be to bring him back, especially as they have a new Mistico. He always did well in Japan, but NJPW's deal with CMLL could prevent him from working there. I guess there's always AAA, or perhaps he'll show up elsewhere....

"Good god! That's Luis Alvirde! The former Mistico! What's he doing here in the Impact Zone, Tazz?"

Rapstah

Undertaker would beat Cena because he knows Cena's only weakness: that surgically repaired arm that can't possibly be at 100%.

bjork

He should join TNA as Signed Card. Don West would be his manager.

Something related to PSA grading.

P-ese, like a gangsta luchador

Actually. Don West could come on trying to sell graded TNA cards of stars who don't wrestle there now, and when someone objects, P-ese could be like his heavy.

He should join TNA as Signed Card. Don West would be his manager.

Book it, Dixie! His gimmick could be that he'd continually interrupt matches to get the wrestlers to sign their merchandise, so Don West could then sell it. Obviously, someone would lose a match because they were distracted by signing autographs, so they'd demand a feud with Signed Card, but Don West would buy them off with free merchandise.

strobogo

Banned
Memphis! Over the next few weeks, I'll be doing the best of the 80s set. Most of them are just straight matches, but there are bonus discs full of promos and angles. No more XPW/CZW forever. And I'm going to put it all up on Youtube so everyone can watch. I believe there are a few bonus bonus discs of promos missing, but all the matches and King/Kaufman stuff are on here.

Awesome, I didn't get too see enough Memphis before my HDD died and I lost my set of full TV episodes, so I'm really looking forward to these reviews.

I did get this great Lawler gif, though;

izq10mSU8q3m1.gif

Only a day left until I get the Orange collection of GCW - looking forward to working through this stuff, although there isn't enough to do a full year in review, unfortunately, just random stuff from '78-83. Lots of young Flair.

The Samurai TV Indie No-Oshigoto awards are out;

New Comer Award: Masayako Takahashi (WNC)

Best Show Award: 1st, DDT Ryogoku Peter Pan #2 - 2nd, DDT Ryogoku Peter Pan #1 - 3rd, BJW 04/11/13

Best Tag Team: 1st, Yankee ni cho Kenju - 2nd, Brahman Brothers - 3rd, Speed of Sound

Best Bout: 1st, Shuji Ishikawa vs Isami Kodaka, BJW, 04/11/13 - 2nd, Kota Ibushi vs Danshoku Dino, DDT - 3rd, Ryuichi Kawakami vs Daisuke Sekimoto, BJW

MVP: 1st, Isami Kodaka, UNION Pro - 2nd, Daisuke Sekimoto, BJW - 3rd, Kota Ibushi, DDT/NJPW

Mr. Luchador said:
Saw this;

Iirc, that's the tournament with the ridiculous Pogo vs Matsunaga flaming coffin full of glass deathmatch.

KissVibes

Banned
Wouldn't mind seeing both matches in all honesty. Though Takers streak is over if it happens, lol.

Nah, they'll end Taker's streak with Cena.

Taker will be the heel in the feud. THE OTHER TWENTY ONE MEAN NOTHING UNLESS I BEAT YOU, JOHN.

Ryder and Hornswoggle, John Cena's best friends, are beaten up every Raw leading up to WM30. His Bella is kidnapped too.

Watching WWA's Inception while reading Strobogo's review is interesting! It is a terrible show, and I hope Borash is never allowed anywhere near the Booking position of a promotion again.

Whenever I see Husky Harris and his possee they disgust me. They can protect Husky all they want, but he is a worse wrestler than Harper and Rowan and that is saying alot. I feel bad for all the little kid families that purchase a paperview with them wrestling.

I only remember 2 matches from Bray since he's been in the WWE. The handicap match vs Bryan where he looked great and the inferno match vs Kane where he was against Kane.

Finally getting around to watching the best of Jim Breaks set I purchased a while back, I really like his submission, the imaginatively titled 'Jim Breaks Special';

i6oVbCI60VjcC.gif

That'd be a good submission for someone like Mark Henry to have.

somedevil

Raw viewership of 2012 to 2013:

2012 ratings
Average = 4.33 million viewers

Two Hour Era
Average = 4.55 million viewers
Hour 1 = 4.55 million viewers
Hour 2 = 4.55 million viewers

Three Hour Era
Average = 4.06 million viewers (3.98m excluding Raw 1000)
Hour 1 = 3.98 million viewers (3.92m)
Hour 2 = 4.21 million viewers (4.12m)
Hour 3 = 4.00 million viewers (3.90m)

2013 ratings
Average = 4.16 million viewers
Hour 1 = 4.11 million viewers
Hour 2 = 4.25 million viewers
Hour 3 = 4.11 million viewers

The three hour Raws does have an effect of the amount of viewers compared to 2 hours. The overall pattern for the 3 hour Raws is hour 2 the highest than it falls in hour 3. The only difference in 2013 the average of the 3 hour raw was up compared to 2012.

Top Bottom